What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Biggest positive will be the confidence we gain form winning at the bridge and scoring 3 goals.

Still lots of work to do but 3 points is 3 points. Stoked with the result.

thorson1987

Coach
Really don't care how shit chelsea were.

The confidence we will gain from going down 1 goal very early to come back and score 3 at the Bridge will be immense.

Look forward to the jose meltdown too.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Be interesting to see what his main point will be in the coming meltdown. Lucas probably lucky to stay on the pitch but on the other hand Costa should've copped a straight red.

saint.nick

Coach
Costa is a f**king dirty dog. That kick out at Skrtel was totally deliberate. I know we had Suarez but at least we didn't chant his name every time he did something bad.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Jose Moràis was that clowns name. Bit rich whinging considering what Mourinho gets up to on the sidelines.

cb4

First Grade
So good! I was really impressed with Firmino within the 10-35 minute mark. Can tell he is a false 9 though as he drops very deep.

I think everyone played good except for Milner, was refreshing to see him get hooked.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Milner got hooked for playing shit as well, surely Hendo comes straight in for him in a bout a month. Lucas has to stay at the holding DM as well IMO. He reads the game so well, just needed to calm it a bit yesterday, same with Càn. Let one DM be the destroyer.

Thought Klopp's substitutions were spot on as well. Big Ben came on and changed the momentum for us. A genuine big man up top to play off, some thing Firmino and Couts will get better and better at with more time on the pitch together.

Even have to give Skrtel props as he was good as well. Usually gets sucked into running battles with opposition players but just kept his head and concentrated on his job yesterday. Sakho was beastly again and even brought out the long diagonal balls, pretty sure he hit the target every time as well.

saint.nick

Coach
Benteke once and for all proved he's no Andy Carroll. He is fine with the ball at his feet, the idea that he needs crosses to score is ludicrous. Sure, he's very good with scoring off crosses, but he has more in his arsenal.

The other great thing is we still have a lot of room for improvement. A lot of our understanding with eachother, our decision making and quality of final ball could have been a lot better.

Great to finally win there again. A couple of years ago we made a very good habit of winning there but after a while I failed to cherish it enough.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Benteke showed earlier in the year he is very good with the ball at his feet IMO. If geniuses the work rate and pressed more he'd be absolutely perfect for us but there's plenty of time for Klopp to work on that, much like everything else which you posted about nick.

Wasn't sure but after we conceded it looked like Klopp was demonstrating for the players to keep their head up. Under BR I would've been confident Chelsea would've bagged another even with them dropping so deep so early.

thorson1987

Coach
Before last night our last win at the Bridge was in 2011 and Glen f**king Johnson scored the winner.

I was hoping Klopp would have subbed Lucas towards the end, was extremely lucky not to have gotten a 2nd yellow.

Status
Not open for further replies.