What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saint.nick

Coach
You can't develop visual awareness you either have it or you don't.

He is strong on the ball, his problem at centre back has been his inexperience with clearing the ball, at dm and FB this isn't such an issue. He has not demonstrated a pass long or short to demonstrate he can advance long term further upfield

It was a lot more than just clearing the ball. He doesn't have enough defensive discipline or reading.

It's not as black and white as you make out to be re: vision. It is certainly something that you can pick up at his age. The guy just has a few bad habits that compromise his ability to use his vision. I've seen enough soundbites from his career thus far that demonstrate an ability to pass long or short.

HayneKloppter

Juniors
It was a lot more than just clearing the ball. He doesn't have enough defensive discipline or reading.

It's not as black and white as you make out to be re: vision. It is certainly something that you can pick up at his age. The guy just has a few bad habits that compromise his ability to use his vision. I've seen enough soundbites from his career thus far that demonstrate an ability to pass long or short.

YouTube one in a red shirt

saint.nick

Coach
I invite you to go and look instead.

All the guy needs is more composure, which in turn will improve his vision, which will then improve his decision making.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We are apparently scouting Anwar El Ghazi at the moment as well. No idea who he is but he's young and plays outwide. May have to research him.

cb4

First Grade
that's the answer i thought we'd get

That's because Nick is correct, so he gave you the correct answer.

We are apparently scouting Anwar El Ghazi at the moment as well. No idea who he is but he's young and plays outwide. May have to research him.

Youn player from Ajax, wide forward scoring a bucket load of goals.

Simon Brundish and Dave Hendricks rave about him.

Klopp has taken everyone who is fit to Russia.

saint.nick

Coach
Just took a look at El Ghazi. Very, very talented player. He's a right winger, so he'd either have to be competition for Ibe or asked to play on the left and cut in, unless he's good with his left foot.

cb4

First Grade
Rated higher than Ibe. I don't really rate Ibe if i'm honest. I had high hopes but he is depth really.

I can see him staying as he is able to play left and right wing.

Ideally, I'd like is to have 2/3 players in each spot, rotating. Pretty glad Klopp is in now so he can get his 2/3 players in Jan and then build what he needs to in the Summer.

saint.nick

Coach
Rated higher than Ibe. I don't really rate Ibe if i'm honest. I had high hopes but he is depth really.

I can see him staying as he is able to play left and right wing.

Ideally, I'd like is to have 2/3 players in each spot, rotating. Pretty glad Klopp is in now so he can get his 2/3 players in Jan and then build what he needs to in the Summer.

I'm expecting 2 players in January at the absolute most.

Ibe has mostly been shocking this season, but in his last couple of appearances he has looked much better, so I still have high hopes in him. It was nice that he got an assist against Chelsea, his confidence looks like it's returned.

El Ghazi would have to be brought in as competition to Ibe, because he's right-footed and predominately plays on the right anyway.

I'd like to have both flanks sorted out. Ojo is the only candidate for left wing that I can think of, but he's on loan anyway.

cb4

First Grade
Neither are the finished product. I want guys who are going to come in and make an immediate impact, we have enough guys waiting in the wings, and we have enough depth.

I'd like us to look something like this in the future.

GK/Migs/Bogdan

Clyne/RB/Randell RCB/Gomez Sakho/Ilori LB/Moreno/Flanno

DM/Lucas Hendo/CM/Can/Milner

RW/Ibe/Milner Firmino/Lallana/Teixeria Coutinho/LW/Ibe

Studge/Benteke/Ings

Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
I like that he has taken everyone fit to Russia.

Another chance to get use to the system, get more fitness in our legs and further the competition for places (which isn't much atm)

Another positive result would be fantastic and further confidence for our home game against palace this week !

cb4

First Grade
So I'd like a few spots to be upgraded or at least competition for spots.

GK: Timo Horn, who is brilliant. I think he is going to be better than Ter Stegen and is already better than Trapp. Young and wouldn't cost much.
Loris Karius is the other I would like.
Jack Butland as a smokey but he would cost too much.

RB: Is all about getting a player as good defensively as Clyne, but maybe a bit older.

RCB: Howedes is the ideal player for us in that category. Subotic maybe an option as well.

LB: Need someone better than Moreno. Mattia De Sciglio is my dream LB.

DM: Need a beast. I wish we went hard at Kondogbia

CM: Need someone to be as good as Henderson, maybe better to get him out of captaincy.

RW: Timo Werner and Kevin Volland are the 2 I want.

LW: Someone to spell Coutinho.

I'm ok with the strikers, however, if Sturridge keeps his injury record up it would give us an excuse to go and get Icardi.

And that is leaving out the youngsters from the academy.

Rodgers left us with a lot of depth, but we need upgrades to make this team a genuine title contender.

Quite frankly we need some attackers with pace to be brought into the squad. If you look at the starting 11 put out last Saturday, none of them strike you as being quick. That is why they persisted with Sterling on the wing as he brought genuine pace to the team.

HayneKloppter

Juniors

:lol: dude did you bother to watch that clip before you CHOSE it? that's embarrassing. remember that's SUPPOSED to be a HIGHLIGHTS clip. it took 1:47 to find a purposeful throughball that was still unsuccessful, and then until 5 minutes to see an actual goal.

the rest of the time they were backpasses and sideballs joe allen would have been proud off, missdribbles and shots into row z which i've been saying all along.

and if that's the best HIGHTLIGHTS clip you could find, you've only proven me 101% right my friend.

cb4

First Grade
No, I just picked a random clip because I frankly don't care what you think.

The good judges have him as a CM, the coach has labelled him a CM, and he is now starting to train and play CM for Germany.

But you are right champ, continue too fight the good fight!

cb4

First Grade
Quite frankly we need some attackers with pace to be brought into the squad. If you look at the starting 11 put out last Saturday, none of them strike you as being quick. That is why they persisted with Sterling on the wing as he brought genuine pace to the team.

The kid from Ajax has a lot of pace, so does Werner.

Volland is a mixture of a poor mans Mueller in the fact that he is unselfish but still scores, and a poor mans Suarez with his pace.
He doesn't look fast, but when you see him running with someone he genuinely keeps up or gets in front.

He has the same instinct as Suarez in his runs, but again, poor mans version.

Suarez just has that win at all cost mentality built into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts