What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread) II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Half time and easily the best we've played all season, unlucky not to be up by a couple.

Benteke had a Balotelli-esque miss and Coutinho has hit the bar twice.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Love the line up BR has put out. Lucas at DM is a must for us imo. Could've been 2-0 to us had Cech not pulled of a few cracker saves. If only Big Ben had smashed it instead of the tap. Very happy with the performance so far tho.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Good to see him using youth actually. Happy with the draw for sure. Arsenal came at us for most of the second half. Really hope BR starts using Lucas more as well.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Thought Skrtl was outstanding in the 2nd half, saved out bacon a few times.

One of those games which could have gone either way so happy to take the draw, especially away from Anfield.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Yeah defence looked a little bit more confident this game and Skrts did well a few times. Only had 36% of the ball so a draw away at the emirates is a very good result.

Win next week and it's 10 points out of a possible 12 before the international break. Important with our tough start to the season.

Foz

Bench
Thought it was easily our best performance of the year.
Milner was awesome.
Lucas also good.(hope there's a replacement lined up if he's leaving)
CB's point about Hendo and Milner playing a similar role was there for all to see.
Sounds unthinkable but do we play better with Only selecting one of the two?
Keeper was outstanding.

Best nil all draw I've seen for a long time.

One thing that seemed to go unnoticed.
The free kick count.
We got 2 all match.They got 13.
If it was NRL the first thing the coach would allude to in the press conference would've been that.

cb4

First Grade
Easily our best performance. If you offered me 7 points after 3 I would be chuffed.
Take a look at last year, Arsenal and Stoke away we lost on aggregate 2-10.

I thought Gomez and Clyne were outstanding. Seriously. And Joe Gomez is letting Lovren turn into the centre back we thought we were getting.

I thought Firmino was class, but not match fit. His link up play between Coutinho and Benteke was on point. And I can't wrap Coutinho enough.

Can and Lucas provided very good protection for Pebbles and Skrtle.

Mignolet is also developing into a confident and competent GK.

On to the negatives.

Jordan Ibe. I know he is young, but he needs to be the 20 minute cameo player now. Or out on loan. Lazar Markovic offers more than him, but he isn't English so he won't be played. I see people in twatter saying that IBe is better than Sterling but seriously, Ibe will never be able to step into Sterlings shoes.

Danny Ings also should have played today. Benteke was bullying the centre backs so Ings should have been on, or at least Origi. The lack of attacking options was on show today, but I guess we knew we were up for a defensive juggle.

Lucas, well, that was a great send off game. Such a shame we will be selling him or loaning him. He is classy. He is also better than Allen, and probably Can.

But I will stop there and appreciate the start of the season.

saint.nick

Coach
Pleased with that game a lot, but now I feel disappointed we didn't win. It could have been at least 2-1 at half time, plus Moreno totally f**ked up that counter attack in injury time which would have resulted in a goal if he was more sensible with the ball.

Our play was very smart, we sucked arsenal in and then pounced on the counter. Thats the way to beat arsenal at emirates, United have been doing it for years.

Lucas was great, and it's great to hear Rodgers say that he's staying.

Ibe was disappointing. He tried to do too much, lost the ball way too many times. But he's young and has more potential than sterling.

Mogsheen Jadwat

Juniors
Ibe doesn't have more potential than Sterling, at Ibe's age Sterling was already a nailed on first teamer and had starred for his country at a world cup (arguably the only player in the side to do well).

Ibe has good physical gifts but is miles behind in football intelligence. He has time on his side to work on it but the thing is, he needs to start doing it sooner rather than later - he won't always be able to rely on the he's young excuse.

As for the game, it was a fair result, we got lucky on the Ramsey offside and Mig pulled off a great save to deny Giroud, but Coutinho and Benteke were both denied by Cech wondersaves.

cb4

First Grade
The defense is only looking good because our fullbacks are brilliant. It is allowing Pebbles to just control his area and allowing Skrtle to just be a f**king lunatic.

Our defense also looked fantastic last night because of Lucas and Can. Can and Henderson could play that exact role and still be as effective.

saint.nick

Coach
John terry only looked so good because his fullbacks are brilliant and he has a brilliant CDM. I guess any CB relies on these factors

saint.nick

Coach
Sterling has 97 career games, Ibe has 55. Sterling has played all of those in the top flight, Ibe has played more than half in the championship. His game intelligence will improve. They both have the same ability level, but Ibe can pull ahead with his better physicality and attitude. For Sterling, it also really helped that he was playing with Suarez and Sturridge, and now with definite title challengers.

This is why I think Ibe has more potential.

Lemon Squash

First Grade
I've seen enough of Ibe to know he can be a star.

Currently with him being a bit part in the team as previously mentioned he is just trying to hard to do things instead of just keeping a cool head and building into a game. It's a common case with kids coming off the bench. In preseason when he was starting games he looked less panicked and was just about our best player in most games.

Already right now he has a better shot than Sterling and is much more of a physical presence. I would say they would be pretty close on crossing ability and pace. Sterling would have him covered on ball control and general trickery.

Lucas had a good game he often plays well against the 'big teams' as his defensive nous really stands up. He has always looked out of his depth when up against the shitter teams when you have the majority of possession and you are trying to break them down as he has the vision of Ray Charles.

Can is beast, looked so much better with this guys starting. I was actually disappointed in Milners game tbh, I have always rated him and am sure he will prove an astute signing but I thought he struggled to get into the game and looked frustrated at times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts