What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lolesi

First Grade
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
putting stevie G on the wing would be the absolute dumbest move liverpool could possibly make

For sure, and i really doubt and :pray: that we buy a RW, someone like Mancini so the option to play him on the wing never enters the mind!

fat_mike

Juniors
looks like were going after ryan babel from ajax now. offer 10 million ajax apparently want 13.5 million. thought this bloke wnated to play for arsenal. good signing if we can get him.

Dragooner

Bench
Babel was approached by Arsenal but said that he didn't want to join us till the 08-09 season. Either a good thing him getting more first-team experience or a bad thing seeing his price tag may sky-rocket by next June.

Foz

Bench
I think Babel is a risk.I know he's only 20 but its a lot of money(10-14 million pounds) for a raw unproven talent.
I'd rather spend it on Simao(the guy from Benfica-I assume we are still interested).
Got Harry back and signs are that he may have his best year yet in a Red Shirt.
Pennant is still on the up too so all of a sudden I dont think we are as bad out wide as Rafa wants to make out.
Seems a good excuse for him to play Stevie G out there and the whole world knows we are a much better team with him in the middle.
Glad we got Torres.
I know its a lot of money but I like this guy.
Good in the air,has pace and works.
We need a penalty taker too.
Has to be better than the last Spanish striker we got (really Morientes has to go down as one of the premier leagues biggest ever flops).
Not too many changes to the line up from last year(Garcia missed most of the year,Ciisse was on loan and Bellamy was always going to get punted).Zenden and Fowler's use by dates were up so hopefully we can get off to a much better start than the last couple of years.
Its been the difference between us being challengers for the title and challengers for 3rd and 4th.

fat_mike

Juniors
it was pretty pricey for torres but i think the sales of bellamy for 18 mill almost pays for it. still cant believe west ham are forking out that much cash for bellamy

Foz

Bench
Yeh its strange.
When you say 26 million pounds for Torres it sounds a lot but when you say we'll swap Bellamy and Ciisse for Torres it sounds a bargain.
In reality Liverpool havent spent anything yet.
They got around 4-5 million for Garcia too.
The American sugar daddys havent really opened the wallett.
Is there another really big signing going to happen or not?
Considering all the hype of the takeover not much has changed-apart from the new stadium plans.

fat_mike

Juniors
i'm guessing they'll be throwing some cash for another winger like the money reported for babel. who knows with rafa. all i know i know is there will be a 90% chance that the new signing will be of spanish origin. lol

lolesi

First Grade
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
LOL quaresma is no chance of going to liverpool, he rejected bayern purely because he doesn't like cold weather

Atletico also said there is no chance they are letting the captain leave, and Torres is now a red.
I guess we will just have to wait and see.

a club not selling a player is different to a player saying he doesnt want to play in cold weather, if the price is right i guess he will go, plus i would say overall germany is probably a colder place, he's portugese, he wouldn't handle it very well, and he did say spain or italy would be his preference

fat_mike

Juniors
we've offered 10 million, whats another 3.5. considering the money we've spent on past donkeys why not throw cash at a young bloke with sh*tloads of potential. plus it'll stop the arse from getting him.

Dragooner

Bench
Babel has firmly expressed his desire to play for the gunners.

But in the 08-09 season.

We'll still get him though. Don't you worry!!!

Foz

Bench
Saint Dragon said:
Babel has firmly expressed his desire to play for the gunners.

But in the 08-09 season.

We'll still get him though. Don't you worry!!!

Just saw a picture of Babel holding up a Liverpool shirt he'd signed.
Assumed it was taken at Mellwood so pretty certain he will be announced as a signing shortly.

Yossi Benayoun also signed.
Andriy Voronin and Lucas Levia already signed(and Torres).
Spending has gone to almost 50 million now and one or two more might be joining before the transfer window closes next week.
Forgot to mention speedy Gonzalez left for around $3.5 million and Jerzey Dudek on a free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts