What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueFenix

Juniors
Reds supporter here.

Looks like we will be signing the Spanish Torres (23 yo striker). Looks like a good year for the Reds. Harry back, 2 new strikers so far and hopefully Stevie G lifts his game this year.

Go the mighty REDS.

fat_mike

Juniors
finally a young world class striker. hoping to god he doesnt suffer the same gun shy problems that morientes suffered. an now hopefully we'll get rid of that sh*thouse "bomb it up to crouch to head down to waiting plyers" style of attack. absolutely sh*thouse to watch and not that effective.

use the god damn ball in the midfield now we have a hitman up front.

lolesi

First Grade
I hope he adapts to the EPL, though we have signed him for 6 years so he has long enough! Good piece of business. Nowt hough i would like to see us sign Heinze to, and a winger (pref right) and we would be all set.

Dragooner

Bench
Lucky bast*rds! Torres makes me go weak at the knees! Best of luck to him! However would much rather have seen him in a Gunners jersey.

He has passed the medical and is holding a press conference to say goodbye to his Atletico fans tomorrow and if I am correct will be unveiled on Friday or Satirday.

You guys have picked up an awesome kid!

He has signed for six years but wouldn't there be a 'get out' clause involved. Six years is a long time and if he starts going downhill then surely he would have the option to leave. However he will succed no matter what!

contract length means nothing in football, 6 years means he will play 3 and be sold in the 4th, i hope he adapts but he has been a fizzer so far in his career

Macca_

Coach
Tonearm Terrorwrist said:
contract length means nothing in football
About the only thing it means is that it ensures the club get some cash should they sell before the end. Short term contracts mean a player can leave on a free and the club gets zilch. At least by committing to a long term contract, a player puts the club in a position of being able to get some cash should they move on.

Other then that, don't mean much at all as TT says.

Dragooner

Bench
I have to disagree Phillips. I honestly beleive he is 'THE BEST STRIKER IN THE WORLD'! Well, at the moment anyway. However that could all change if he can't adapt to the english style of football!

Nevcost

Juniors
Meh, I'd rather see him play on the field then Bellamy, probably payed a bit too much for him though. Our strikeforce doesn't look too bad Crouch was our leading goalscorer. Kuyt may have had a quiet season, but after having one season to get used to the epl he should have a good one. Torress whose scored a few goals and become part of the Spanish squad at 23 his best is yet o come :) and Adrey Veronin who seems to be quite an underated striker whose scored a few goals for lev and we got him on a free.

Red Bear

Referee
i think bellemy will get sold

and apparently 6.1 mil for cisse from the club he was on lone at (which i cant spell:))

Nevcost

Juniors
I'm also wondering if we're going to play Stevie G out on the wing or going to sell Alonso or Sissoko, as we've signed annother quality CM in Lucas who some are rating as the next big player to come out of brazil :)

Dragooner

Bench
Nevcost said:
I'm also wondering if we're going to play Stevie G out on the wing or going to sell Alonso or Sissoko, as we've signed annother quality CM in Lucas who some are rating as the next big player to come out of brazil :)

I don't think Rafa would shoot your team in the foot and play Gerrard as a winger. And surely he's smart enough to realise that Alonso is a great player and that he will help Torres adapt and he will also work very well with him. As for Sissokko, Barca is interested and he will probably be leaving you guys.

MrSharky

Juniors
http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03072007/58/premiership-fernando-torres.html

Fernando Torres has scored 75 goals in 176 games in La Liga since debuting in 02-03 (0.4 GPG).

For someone who has not suffered any major injuries, as well as being the captain and penalty taker, that is quite poor. Using his teammates as an excuse would be a poor argument as Atletico (Patetico) have always had a decent squad with the like of Maniche, Maxi Rodriques, Aguero etc.

In fact Fernando holds the La Liga record for most missed penalties in a row (~8 i think) :lol:

It also took him 13 games to finally score in El Derbi v us (this season). It came as no surprise that it was from a penalty-box scrap. After all he has missed 3 penalties when up against San Iker.. :cool:

By now it may seem like I think F.Torres is a hopeless player, when in fact I don't :eek:. Talent-wise he is up there with the best in the EPL, probably only behind Sheva, V.Persie, Owen and Berbatov. He also had a decent world cup and was unlucky not to have scored more than he did from what I saw of him.

However the question must be asked over whether he'll be suited to the EPL. Time will tell, but I doubt he'll be a straight away. IMO Liverpool are going to have to be as patient as Man U were with CR7.

All things considered, there's no doubt that for GBP 27 Million Liverpool could've done a lot better though. I mean FT9 is a good player but he is a long way behind another Spanish striker by the name of David Villa.

TBH I think that Rafa would've been far better off bringing back Anfield legend Michael Owen for half the amount he paid for FT9...

icon6.gif

Red Bear

Referee
i wish we got owen back

Im omptimistic he can suceed but yeah, his goalscoring record is nothing outstanding compared to some others weve had at the club (eg fowler reaching 100 goals in 165 games).
Hopefully he isnt a complete flop tho

Status
Not open for further replies.