What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red Bear

Referee
If we get something out of the next couple of days we have a very comfortable run home. Only really tough games in our last 13 are Tottenham, Chelsea, Everton (Maybe West Brom if they find early season form) - and all are at home.

If we get beaten comfortably in the next two probably another season of trying to get to 6th

HowHigh

Coach
We've missed out on signing Sneijder who will join Galatasaray. Couldn't match the 100,000 a week after tax that they offered.

Looks like we're trying to sign Coutinho now (also from Inter)

Dissapointing we couldn't land Sneijder.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
We've missed out on signing Sneijder who will join Galatasaray. Couldn't match the 100,000 a week after tax that they offered.

Looks like we're trying to sign Coutinho now (also from Inter)

Dissapointing we couldn't land Sneijder.

We just got rid of Sahin and cole off the wage bill surely having a crack at Sneijder wouldn't have been too out of the question. He's world class so you pay world class money. All good I guess, we've got Allen, Henderson and Shelvey :roll:

HowHigh

Coach
Yeah pretty frustrating, think he was only 6 mil to buy then obviously his wages. Cole was on around 100 a week and Sahin close to that I believe?

All well and good buying youth and players with potential but we could really use a world class midfielder like him, would have been worth the money imo.

WireMan

Bench
Reina
Wisdom Agger Skrtel Johnson

Lucas

Enrique Stevie G Sterling

Suarez
Sturridge

That's pretty much the way I'd go at the moment, have Lucas sitting In front of the Defence with Enrique Stevie and sterling in front of him. Not really spoilt for choice at the moment unfortunately. Xabi come back home please!! Haha

I think that team would be to weak in the middle. Gerrard does not have the legs to play that role anymore. Not sure about Enrique on the right wing either.

How about this team.

---------------Reina.

----Wisdom--Skrtel--Agger
Johnson------------------Downing/Enrique
---------------Lucas

--------Allen--------Gerrard

---------Suarez
--------------Sturridge.

Two wingbacks who to be honest can't defend as full backs anyway. Lucas sits deep to give them license to go up.

Wisdom and Agger have skills enough to cover the channels and Skrtels lack of movement won't be as exposed.

then you have your strikeforce.

Sterling on the bench for the impact. i think to much is expected of him at the mo and it would help his development to give him some time out.

I would've thought Sahin would've had Real picking up a chunk of the bill

Liverpool paid something like £5 mil for his loan didn't they? i doubt they would do that and not pay all his wages.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
only seen a little bit but good value and better value and better player than your 20 million pound dud

will improve your squad imo

Nevcost

Juniors
it looked like we didn't have any tactics at all, why Sterling was playing in the midfield instead of Gerrard or even Shelvey makes me wonder. Our defence was even worse Skrtel was horrible and was Coates even worse. I don't think we'll beat Arsenal in a few days if we play like that.

Nevcost

Juniors
As for Countinho looks like a good signing can play upfront or in the midfield behind the strikers as a link between midfield and attack.

cleary89

Coach
Lucky to get a point. Tell you what though, seen a fair few epl games since i been over here. Suare looks the most dangerous out of any player ive watched live.

t10do

Juniors
As for Countinho looks like a good signing can play upfront or in the midfield behind the strikers as a link between midfield and attack.

I think what will help is his age. Its amazing to think he is just 20. He must have made the Vasco team when he was about 16! Hopefully he fulfills his potential in the coming years.

No doubting his skill.......he definitely has to work on his strength though.

Nevcost

Juniors
I think we just failed to control the end of game against Arsenal, after Hendos goal they showed that our possession was about 48% so I was thinking all we needed to do was just hang on to the ball. After that Arsenal scored and you know what happened next.

t10do

Juniors
Disappointing.

But in all honesty, if somebody had earlier offered a point at The Emirates and Etihad respectively......I would have taken each.

thorson1987

Coach
Leaked 2013-14 strips

liverpool-kits-2013-14-450x197.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.