What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevcost

Juniors
Last edited:

lolesi

First Grade
Signed Luis Alberto from Sevilla and should tie up Mignolet early this week..

Don't know what to make of either signings.. Is this the end for Pepe?

Young raw talent seems the go atm.. No champions league makes it hard to draw the top line players.. Never seen Alberto play but u/21's for Spain is a positive I guess..??

Other then Mignolet, don't know anything about our other signings so far!

t10do

Juniors
Other then Mignolet, don't know anything about our other signings so far!

having come from the Barca system, we can almost be sure his technical skills are good. Can;t say I have seen much of him either.

On the topic of technical players, Suso seems to be going okay at the world cup from the highlights I have seen. And this Mkhitaryan rumour isn't going away. Apparently he has not shown up for Shakhtar training.

cb4

First Grade
having come from the Barca system, we can almost be sure his technical skills are good. Can;t say I have seen much of him either.

On the topic of technical players, Suso seems to be going okay at the world cup from the highlights I have seen. And this Mkhitaryan rumour isn't going away. Apparently he has not shown up for Shakhtar training.

What's he like as a player?

Tommy Smith

Referee
Mkhitaryan is off to Dortmund reckon. From all reports - I wont pretend that I've seen him play - he's a sensational goal scoring attacking midfield with plenty of technical ability.

HowHigh

Coach
They want 30 mil for him apparently..is he worth that? Tbh I had never heard of him till now but that doesn't mean anything.

"Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin insists they will not part with their attacking star for less than €30m, with Liverpool also interested in the player
Shakhtar Donetsk CEO Sergei Palkin has confirmed that Borussia Dortmund have made a €23 million bid for attacker Henrikh Mkhitaryan.

The Armenian star has long been liked with a move to Premier League outfit Liverpool, with Brendan Rodgers including the player in his plans for a £42m summer spending spree.

Dortmund have no leaped to the front of the queue for his signature by tabling a bid for his services, but Palkin has stressed that Shakhtar will accept nothing less than €30m for the 24-year-old, even though he failed to turn out for pre-season training for the Ukraine giants.
“I don’t know where Mkhitaryan is, now; solely his agent knows this," Palkin told Terrikon.
"Borussia offered €23m for the midfielder. I contacted Mkhitaryan’s agent yesterday. I wrote to him about the official position of the club.
"We are prepared to sell Mkhitaryan for €30m; this offer stands for the next 10 days. If Mkhitaryan wishes to leave, they have to pay this amount for him."

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
was in London 2 days ago talking to Spurs, no idea what the outcome was as yet

we seemed to be linked with every striker in Europe

Nevcost

Juniors
Does anyone find it ironic that we sign a forward that looks like Nibbler off futurama (Iago Aspas) after Suarez bit Ivanovic's arm lol. As for Mkhitaryan I'll believe we'll get him when when he is holding a liverpool jersey

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Apparently some Russian Journo with a contact at Shakhtar has said we'll announce HM either Monday or Tuesday so who knows. Same bloke apparently broke Willian and fernandinho leaving, still doesn't fill you with any confidence, specially if spurs are another option.

Nevcost

Juniors
I think Dortmund would be our major competition Tottenham just signed Paulinho so I don't think they would sign Mkhitaryan given that they also have Dempsey and Sigurdson in their team as well

Last edited:

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
and Holtby

he hasn't been mentioned much so pretty sure we aint interested atm

Tommy Smith

Referee
No way he'll choose Liverpool who aren't in the UCL over Dortmund. Especially when Dortmund will be perennial UCL participants and contenders whereas its a struggle for Liverpool to even get into the competition because of the strength of the EPL.

That's not a shot at Liverpool. But when you have the spending power of United, City and Chelsea that's three spots gone right there most likely. Then it's a three-way shoot out with Arsenal and Spurs.

Nevcost

Juniors
I agree our only hope is if we out bid Dortmund, acording to a few news reports Liverpool fc have offered 25-26 Mil pounds whilst Dortmund have only offered 19mil Pounds. If Dortmund up their bid to the same as Liverpool i reckon he will got to Dortmund. If we don't get him i reckon we should go after Ivan Rakitić from Sevilla

t10do

Juniors
I was just about to say.

In reality, most players should be looking at UCL football.......but $$$$$$$$$$ talks as well.:D

Nevcost

Juniors
Mkhitaryan has signed with Dortmund, hopefully we can follow up our earlier interest in Ivan Rakitić from Sevilla

Jack_Napier

Staff member
Enough with chasing attacking midfielders and start building a rock solid defence. Surely we are chasing or looking at a few defenders as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts