What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridders

Coach
Torres once again working to get back into match fitness, seems to be a bit of a recurring theme with him these days. Playing all 90 minutes in his first game back can't exactly have helped things.

Foz

Bench
Well Torres didnt play long today but glad he got on against Wigan.
Ngog was going ok too.
Thought Rafa was on the right track when Lucas was on the bench but our defence was still iffy.
Cant convince me on Kuyt either but we got the points and thats the main thing at this stage.
2-1 end result.

Knightmare

Coach
Maybe if there was an outstanding candidate to replace him, but none that I can think of right now, except maybe Guus?

Foz

Bench
Well that was one ordinary performance by all involved.
Outgunned by Pompey who deserved to win no matter how much Benitez wants to whinge about it.
He should look at himself before having a go at the ref too.
He must of got the Italian names mixed up as well because how else can you explain the ommission of Aquilani and the inclusion of Dossena.
Yossi again benched to start the game,Kuyts first touch again costs the team a goal and boy if Barcelona want to give us 30 million for Mascherano Id take it in a heart beat.Between him and Lucas they cant create anything in attack.Then again why would you play both?
The way we are going forget 4th we'll be lucky to qualify for the Europa League.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Aquilani was injured again :lol:

Mascherano is overrated and is easily replaceable. That was a horrible tackle too, could have broken his ankle.

Liverpool have two good players - Torres and Gerrard. That is really it. Aquilani is a good player too, but horrible injury record and not tested in English football. Benayoun is OK. The rest are completely average to utter sh*t.

pantherz9103

First Grade
The way they are going they're looking for a worst ever premier league finish of 9th. Surely not you say because we're such a massive club? don't be so sure. If Torres and Gerrard don't start firing or they get injured, the team is not worrying to anyone. Johnson is rubbish, that's about 3 or 4 mistakes in the last week that have led to goals. For all his attacking ability he's a defender. It would be nice if he could actually you know, defend!
Of course I'm still hopeful of 4th but the realist in me says getting top 6 is no sure thing because confidence is so low. Bad times! Rafa running out of chances.

Ridders

Coach
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Torres suffers a reoccurence of his groin injury, given he's played so many minutes straight after spending an extended period of time on the sidelines.

Jason Maher

Immortal
This season is quickly turning from dreams of challenging Chelsea to being glad that we're not going as sh*t as Liverpool. :p

pantherz9103

First Grade
Only real positive in a shockingly bad season so far is beating Manure and the Blue Noses. Other than that its been craptacular by our standards. Surely there's brighter times ahead in the 2nd half of the season?

Jason Maher

Immortal
On a serious note, surely the Liverpool players are trying to get rid of Rafa. The only games they've been able to get themselves up for are against traditional rivals United and Everton, and the rest of the time they have been woeful. If that's not a team tanking to get rid of a manager, I don't know what is...

Foz

Bench
Played Wolves this morning and struggled before they lost a player for a second yellow.
Aquaman started and Kuyt on the bench.He was solid and certainly ran out of gas.All the better for the run.
Gerrard scored from an Insua cross and Yossi got our other goal.
Deserved the win but nothing to crow about thats for sure.
Next up away to Villa(Tuesday I think).A difficult assignment and they did beat us at home this year.
Have a few tricky fixtures coming up with Spurs coming around Jan 10 and an away fixture at Arsenal not all that far away.
Next 2 games will decide if we are any chance of 4th.

Foz

Bench
Hard fought game this morning that could of went either way.
Reina had his best game of the year and made a couple of important saves.
A couple of our lesser lights stood up in the last 20 mins as well(lucky because the other 70mins they played was the usual rubbish they dish out-bet you can guess who Im referring to).
Rafa didnt make a sub until 76mins either when he replaced the Aquaman.Has his thinking finally changed?
Anyway in the end we have Torres and though he was pretty quiet all night he got his chance and as soon as he got the opportunity you knew where it was going.
Still a long way to go to make the top 4 but if we hadnt won today we were gone.Maybe our luck is changing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts