What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knightmare

Coach
F**king Gooners. I swear Liverpool could be up 2-0 with 30 seconds to go and that mob would still find a way to score a header and then off a penalty to make it a draw! :x

Nevcost

Juniors
The ref was crap the first card he shows is a red. We also should of got a penalty. Having said that, it looks like N'Gog has found some pretty good form with that being a brilliant goal. I reckon he's put in alot of practice and looks a lot better then last year.

Ridders

Coach
Wonder how Torres and N'Gog would go playing alongside each other. Torres looked alright in his little cameo at the end. *touch wood* He should be back to full fitness in a month or so

andrew057

First Grade
The ref was crap the first card he shows is a red. We also should of got a penalty. Having said that, it looks like N'Gog has found some pretty good form with that being a brilliant goal. I reckon he's put in alot of practice and looks a lot better then last year.

Was clearly outside the box mate.

Jason Maher

Immortal
F**king Gooners. I swear Liverpool could be up 2-0 with 30 seconds to go and that mob would still find a way to score a header and then off a penalty to make it a draw! :x

They're pretty f**king good at bullsh*t late equalisers/winners. However on this occasion, I can't find myself minding too much... ;-)

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Poulsen is an interesting buy! Hopefully it means we never see Lucas in the starting 11 again! If anyone watched the Serie A last season, could they perhaps let us know how he went for Juventus?

Not very good mate. Pretty poor player, technically limited and struggled in Italy. Reminds me of a poorer version of Mascherano, though doesn't cover as much ground without the ball. Is not creative so don't expect him to do anything other than try and win the ball and make a simple pass. Not sure how he went at Schalke before that, maybe one of the Bundesliga followers can let you know that.

Then again I thought Sissoko was crap at Liverpool, but he's been decent for Juve, so Poulsen might do OK.

Also, someone on here told me last year that Reina was one of the best keepers in the world. :lol:

Very overrated IMO. Good shot stopper but suspect on high balls and prone to brain explosions like the one the other day.

WireMan

Bench
Inter have just signed a midfielder from Genoa and now Maschs move to inter may be in doubt.

Poulson always came across as more of a passing player than a destroyer so them to together may be ok. He isn't as good as Alonso but then few are. Lucas IMO isn't good enough and neither is Aquilani. You need a bit of mongrel in that midfield.

As for the game. Neither player should of been sent off and the goal at the end was really funny!!

Foz

Bench
The Aquaman didnt even make the bench.No surprise he may of been injured.
Pretty hard to make a call on how we played given the Cole red card but I actually thought Arsenal were slightly better than us when it was eleven a side in the first half.
Still not a fan of one striker at home.
In the end we deserved at least a point.
On Mascherano I dont think he's really a creative player but he does do the odd nice touch.Know zip about Poulsen but he'd have to have more in attack than Mascherano.Dont think Mascherano has scored too many times either but he certainly can give a free kick away.
If Mascherano leaves Id be interested if we play the same style.
I think the system needs adjusting and thought it may happen with a new boss.
Only early days but I didnt see too much difference to last years structure.
The only way we'll change is with new players.In Hodgsons defence its not his team he's playing with.I wont judge him at all on this years results.If however he pulls off a miracle and we win something he deserves all the plaudits he'll no doubt get.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
Poulson always came across as more of a passing player than a destroyer

Unless he has learnt a passing game in the last two months this couldn't be further from the truth. At least based on his time in Italy, anyway.

Is Aquilani injured again?! Wow. Very good player with endless potential but he's 25 now and I suspect will probably never get over his injuries. Shame.

Red Bear

Referee
LiverpoolFC.tv reporting they are looking at loaning Aquilani out to an italian club to 'get him some game time' - ie sell him at the end of the year I guess.

Bit dissapointing, would like to see how he'd go if he was ever fit, but with Cole and Gerrard around he's unlikely to play his preferred attacking mid role anyway.

And Reina made a dumb mistake. Sue him. Not even the great keepers are infalliable. Reina was supurb last season, one of the only players who could say he played at his best and put in the whole time. Frustrating to see that happen but unfortunately, sh*t happens. Positive start though, showed some fight. Hopefully we beat Citeh

Ridders

Coach
It's a good sign that Hodgson was willing to play with 2 up front, but was an away trip to Eastlands really the time to be testing out a Torres and Ngog combo, especially with Mascherano out and Lucas in his place?

Torres still looks a couple of weeks away from full match fitness.

Foz

Bench
I was happy to see Liverpool play 2 up front against City.Sure we got flogged but we had to score because we were never going to get a nil all result there.
Dont want to make excuses but how much of the team selection was brought about by a certain player spitting the dummy?
He'll be gone soon anyway.
I for one will be expecting some new blood in the team this week.
We did win some Europa game overnight as well to advance in that competition but really do we care?

Ridders

Coach
Seems as though Mascherano's departure is imminent as Liverpool and Barca have agreed on a fee for him.

Will they be looking to sign a replacement or do they think that Poulsen and *sigh* Lucas is enough?

Red Bear

Referee
Wish Mascherano the best, although extremely pissed off about him not playing the City game. You get paid, what, 50 thousand pounds a week or so, you play the ****ing game. It's called being a professional, even if you do want to move. I realise it's family reasons that he is leaving, so I dont begrudge him there, I just think its piss poor behaviour at the end.

Oh and i have suspicions that Lucas>Poulsen.

Lets hope we can use some of that money, and it doesnt just go back into the debt. We had a busted squad at the end of last year and I think we've made a net profit on the transfer market, ie been given no money to spend at all.

Ridders

Coach
Unless a suitable replacement is signed for Mascherano, it's going to be another long season at Anfield I fear. I don't feel Lucas can be effective as a holding midfielder, I think he prefers playing in a more attacking role, although he isn't much better at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts