What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HevyDevy

Coach
Well Fishy, we had a tremendous 2008-09 season. Then the owners tightened the screws.

As long as they're in charge there is not a manager in the world that can help Liverpool move back into the top four or higher.

fish eel

Immortal
Well Fishy, we had a tremendous 2008-09 season. Then the owners tightened the screws.

As long as they're in charge there is not a manager in the world that can help Liverpool move back into the top four or higher.

still, you had a decent squad, Rafa spends his transfer money on Aquilana after selling Alonso. What a masterstroke that was :lol:

Oh, and dont forget Glen Johnson for 20 million either.

Thats 40 million that could have been spent much, much better.

Last edited:

fish eel

Immortal
He didn't want to lose Alonso mate, Alonso wanted to go back to Spain.

yeah, but the point is he then pissed away around 40 million on both Aquilana and Glen Johnson. Both signings poor value for what they delivered, like many of Rafa's signings

Ridders

Coach
Imo part of Alonso wanting to leave was Rafa basically shopping him around in order to raise enough money for Barry the previous season.

HevyDevy

Coach
Hey I'm not excusing Rafa for some bizarre decisions of late. He did a great job for a long time but recently he has lost the plot somewhat.

However, there isn't a manager in the world that can fix it.

Nevcost

Juniors
We need someone like Wenger who can spot a diamond in the rough. Maybe Pelligrini with Dalgish as Assistant Manager would be the best choice only because we don't have the money to get a manager who already has a club and he seems to be the best unemployed manager.

Last edited:

Knightmare

Coach
King Kenny would be great, he knows Liverpool inside and out and knows what it's like to manage the club to titles. However, there are still the issues of recruitment and the owners....

Saintsman

Juniors
Honestly, who is going to want to come manage at a club that is owned by such f**kwits? We are budgeted like Birmingham City recently. Just because we have a massive history it's hard to finish top 4 with such a pathetic budget.

Yes he spent a fair bit of money but the fact is he's had to sell to buy and so he's felt the need for big name replacements - Aquilani for Alonso, Johnson for Arbeloa and it just hasn't worked out.

lolesi

First Grade
Kenny or Hodgson for mine..

Kenny would be a great cheap option.. he knows the club, has the respect of the senior members of the squad and has a fantastic record.

Hodgson has done wonders with a Fulham team that only stayed up 2 years ago on the final day. Has done some fantastic purchasing in the transfer windows by not only getting some great cheap buys but also bringing the best out of players people had discarded.. i.e. Murphy and Davies

WireMan

Bench
Honestly, who is going to want to come manage at a club that is owned by such f**kwits? We are budgeted like Birmingham City recently. Just because we have a massive history it's hard to finish top 4 with such a pathetic budget.

Yes he spent a fair bit of money but the fact is he's had to sell to buy and so he's felt the need for big name replacements - Aquilani for Alonso, Johnson for Arbeloa and it just hasn't worked out.

No he hasn't. During his time at Liverpool they have had the third biggest net spend of any team. Only Chelsea and City have had more.

As previously stated, he had 40 million to spend on players last year. He did such a good job his team went from second to seventh.

In other news, i hear on the news Sven may be in line to take over, if they can afford him. However due to the fiscal policy of Rafa they may not be able to.

Nevcost

Juniors
I've heard rumours that we may be chasing Marcelo Lippi and that King Kenny has put his hat into the ring. I'd be happy with either Lippi, Manuel Pellegrini or Kenny Dalgish. The rest of the contenders would either cost too much money given the fact we had to pay Rafa off (we should of just waited for Inter to sign him so we'd get the compensation) or just isn't good enough ala Mark Hughes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts