What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
great win away to start the year off -
stevie g already has the goal of the season nomintation.

really impressed with this ryan babel kid - could be what we are looking for.

Foz

Bench
I know he wasnt on long but Babel impressed me too.
The other thing I'm liking is the depth we have this year with guys like Mascherano,Kewell,Crouch Benyanoun(sorry about the spellings) not making the bench.
Might need another defender(I know we are chasing Heinz-dont know why)so we might finally be able to have a dig at the title this year.
Dont want Stevie G to pull us out of trouble every game but I'm glad he plays for us and not anybody else because we will still be stuffed without him.(despite some good cover in central mid-field).

lolesi

First Grade
Looking forward to the game against Toulouse, be interesting to see the squad Rafa puts out... Wouldn't mind seeing Harry get some game time soon.

Bernster

Juniors
I can't wait to see Harry on the field..Harry is a legend.

My Brother (who also happens to be a mad Liverpool Supporter) absolutley loved it when Harry signed with Liverpool a few years ago.

lolesi

First Grade
Being at the Asian cup during the off-season did not really help his chances of starting this season, but now with some European qualifying games, i think we might start to see him playing again, which will be fantastic, though he will need to play pretty good, as Babel looked very sharp against Villa.

Fingers crossed eh.

lolesi

First Grade
1-0.

Ill take that, good to see Voronin get a goal, and a fine one at that!

Still no Harry.

Foz

Bench
Saw that Stevie G walked off with an ankle injury around the 60min mark.
Got a big game on the weekend so I'm hoping its minor.
Torres only played the last half hour too so hopefully Rafa is saving players for the Chelsea game because our record in previous years after playing a Champions League game hasnt been up to the normal standard.

Foz

Bench
I dont know that Rafa knows himself who he is picking until the last possible minute.
Dead sure he kept changing the team for the sake of it.
Gerrard's injury turns out to be a busted toe but he'll play the Chelsea game on Monday morning (our time) and then miss the England games next week.

Nevcost

Juniors
So far this is probably the most promising start for some time. This weekend will be an acid test I don't think we have beaten Chelsea in the Premier League ever since they became Chel$ki.

Foz

Bench
We touched Chelsea up at Anfield last year.
It was only 2-nil but they were never in the game.
Cant remember exactly what comp it was because we play them so often(and we have knocked them out of the Champions League a couple of times)but I think it was the League.

Tyler Durden

Juniors
important game, but not the end of the world if we don't beat them. squad will take a little time to gel together

Red Bear

Referee
Foz said:
We touched Chelsea up at Anfield last year.
It was only 2-nil but they were never in the game.
Cant remember exactly what comp it was because we play them so often(and we have knocked them out of the Champions League a couple of times)but I think it was the League.
Yeah was the league, pennant scored a screamer

Foz

Bench
Thought we shaded Chelsea on the day and deserved 3 points but winning the title is about actually getting them so I think it was a better result for Chelsea than us.
Showed enough to show we are a bit stronger than last year but only time will tell if we've closed the gap enough on last years top 2.
Manure's depth must be causing them some problems so that will assist us.
I didnt think the ref should have awarded the penalty and of course that was the only way Chelsea was really going to score-(apart from Terry missing a sitter).
Backs up my opinion that the premier league refs are way behind the standard of the players in it and other refs in different leagues around the world.
They should be importing them.
Chelsea copped a couple of ordinary decisions too with Cole being ripped off a corner and a missed tackle or two but we also missed out(Kuyts shot was deflected over by the Chelsea keeper for sure) to name but one.Doesnt make up for the penalty decision though so all in all a touch disappointing.

video_ref

Juniors
From BBC Sport's Quotes of the Week

"I think I have a naive team. They are naive because they are pure and they are clean. We don't have divers, we don't have violent people."
Jose Mourinho on his clean-living Chelsea boys, following their dodgy penalty against Liverpool.

"If Chelsea are naive and pure then I'm Little Red Riding Hood."
Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez disagrees.

:lol:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/funny_old_game/6954951.stm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts