What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Y.N.W.A. Thread (Liverpool fans thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foz

Bench
Aquilani cant return this year.
Doubt he'll ever be back.
Dont know if he was treading on the wrong toes or they just assessed he's not up to it.
Thought he was treated a touch unfairly but who knows what happened behind closed doors.
They'll play Henderson in that centre midfield spot till Stevie returns I think.
The sending off at Fulham and the odd injury will test the depth in midfield.
Maybe Shelvey will get a run?
I like Downing.
That stat is a touch surprising as he's looked pretty good in some games.
I think Maxi's been a bit unlucky as his forms been excellent and he seems to be the first dropped.
I'm sure we'll be buying a couple in January.

t10do

Juniors
Henderson- Got no choice but to play. Obviously bought as a 5 year plan but will see more action which will only develop him as a player. Realise sense for the game will match his ability with time....but think a little bit of mongrel can be added to his game effactive as of now.

Maxi - IMO should be one of the first names on the team sheet right now.

Downing - Not setting the league on fire but after the last two seasons I am more than happy having solid left footed premiership player.

Strikers- I can keep beating a dead horse....will leave it up to the KD. Am more than happy seeing Bellamy up front with Saurez. But the only way you can get the most out of a young striker who cost 35 million and is low on confidence.......is play him regularly. And the way Kd seems to react when he is questioned about Carroll......would be surprised if he did bring in another striker.

Looking forward to Suarez vs Dunne. Is Given still injured (with all due respect)?

cb4

First Grade
The Sissoko rumour just wont go away and I believe Commoli has gone to watch his last two games. Money-wise, wouldn’t the easiest thing be to bring Aquilani back?

I have no idea who it might be….if it even happens.

Missed this mate, where does he play? And who for?

Also, reading on a Madrid forum, we are in the hunt for Granero, but Mourinho wants to swap him for Lampard.

t10do

Juniors
Moussa Sissoko (I think that is how you spell it). Plays for Toulouse isn't it?

Again, just speculation, but we have definitely sent scouts to watch him.....on more than one occasion. But I wont jump to conclusions.

Nothing special. Just seems to be that typical "west-African" Vieira type midfielder who mainly holds the ball but isn't to bad going forward either.

African Monkey

First Grade
Henderson- Got no choice but to play. Obviously bought as a 5 year plan but will see more action which will only develop him as a player. Realise sense for the game will match his ability with time....but think a little bit of mongrel can be added to his game effactive as of now.

Maxi - IMO should be one of the first names on the team sheet right now.

Downing - Not setting the league on fire but after the last two seasons I am more than happy having solid left footed premiership player.

Strikers- I can keep beating a dead horse....will leave it up to the KD. Am more than happy seeing Bellamy up front with Saurez. But the only way you can get the most out of a young striker who cost 35 million and is low on confidence.......is play him regularly. And the way Kd seems to react when he is questioned about Carroll......would be surprised if he did bring in another striker.

Looking forward to Suarez vs Dunne. Is Given still injured (with all due respect)?
Suarez will eat us alive. We have one of the slowest backlines in the league.

Given is out for a month. Guzan, while a good shot-stopper, struggles to take command of his area.

Foz

Bench
I think Suarez is a great player but what is it with him and hitting the posts.
Downing,Henderson or Suarez it seems like someones hitting the woodwork every week.
I know theres the Liverpool bias but is there any stats on how many times weve hit the woodwork this season?
Id be surprised if any sides hit the woodwork more than us.
Hope Downing scores the winner this week.
Might get some people off his back because I like what Ive seen of him.

Jack_Napier

Staff member
17 times so far I think. Was mentioned in the broadcast. Reckon downing is responsible for a good bulk of that.

cb4

First Grade
Yeh, he is very unlucky, I was hoping he would break his goal drought against Villa.

I think Suarez is a great player but what is it with him and hitting the posts.
Downing,Henderson or Suarez it seems like someones hitting the woodwork every week.
I know theres the Liverpool bias but is there any stats on how many times weve hit the woodwork this season?
Id be surprised if any sides hit the woodwork more than us.
Hope Downing scores the winner this week.
Might get some people off his back because I like what Ive seen of him.

How many times this week? Twice.

Watched this game while waiting for the Arsenal one. You guys raped them. Can't remember them even having a shot from inside your box.

Red Bear

Referee
Good 2-0 win, only conceding 13 goals in 16 games thus far pretty outstanding, pity we cant score many. Should've won 4-5-0, how Suarez didnt score twice I dont know, great work in the lead up and hit the damn post/crossbar again.

Hopefully persist with this lineup whilst Suarez is not suspended. Although would still love Kelly in for Johnson

WireMan

Bench
I thought Ozil was doing the business at Madrid though? I had a whole chapter and verse about how he is the bees knees.

Where would you play him, having him and Suarez playing off Carroll in a 4-3-3 would be good going forward but that would limit Suarez's goal scoring threat. You could play a 4-4-2 but it would leave you exposed a lot.

Or do you just bin Carroll of as a bad adventure and stick Suarez upfront with Ozil behind. Would prob be the best but isn't the most powerful of attacking lineups. Plus if Ozil leaves Madrid cause he isn't good enough, would you want him?

Jack_Napier

Staff member
To be fair i don't think we're even a chance. He'll want CL football and we're certainly no guarantee of anything.

I think there gonna be stubborn and stick with Carroll for a while just cos of the price so I can't really see him going anywhere.

Sean18

Juniors
I would love to see him in a Liverpool jersey, he is a gun player but this isn't going to happen.

Last edited:

WireMan

Bench
The genius who thinks Messi is an inferior player to Rooney is right. Players who leave Franco FC are shit. Wesley Sneijder for example

:lol:

Not all of them. Just most of them.

Ozil will goto PSG, or Spurs.

I doubt Liverpool would find a place for him. Especially if you play Carroll and Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts