What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah, he's still the biggest diver

Perth Red

Post Whore
Get rid of penalties on replay, it's a blight on the game. We don't use videos for any other infield decision, get rid now and don't give the divers a reason to stay down.

gUt

Coach
Benji's eye poke looked genuine I thought... maybe he stayed down because it felt like an eblow rather than a finger.

As for Farah, meh. Dives with the best of them (eg Hayne) but it's pretty rife at the moment and unless penalties start being given for all this milking shit, it will continue.

simmo1

First Grade
Benji's eye poke looked genuine I thought... maybe he stayed down because it felt like an eblow rather than a finger.

As for Farah, meh. Dives with the best of them (eg Hayne) but it's pretty rife at the moment and unless penalties start being given for all this milking shit, it will continue.

Agree.

Benji's wasn't a dive, and shouldn't have even been a penalty.

Charlie124

First Grade
I cant say ive ever seen Benji take a dive to get a penalty, so i dont believe he decided to start diving today. It didnt look like much contact but may have copped a finger to the eye or something, give him the benefit of the doubt.
Little Wobby, on the other hand has form, the guy's a little sook who shouldnt even be in the frame for an origin recall, but as a QLDer, id be more than happy to see his name when they announce the squad.

I agree about Benji. looked to get him in the eye.

Farah's looked to have little in it, but I doubt Sheens would shift Lawrence to halfback for any period at time in return for a penalty.

Suitman

Post Whore
I agree about Benji. looked to get him in the eye.

If so, wouldn't that just be considered an acident and part of the game?
This is the problem. As soon as a player stays down, the video dickhead feels compelled to make a decision.
Can't the match review comittee decide that on Monday if there is confusion about the seriousness of the incident?

Suity

If so, wouldn't that just be considered an acident and part of the game?
This is the problem. As soon as a player stays down, the video dickhead feels compelled to make a decision.
Can't the match review comittee decide that on Monday if there is confusion about the seriousness of the incident?

Suity

I was saying he was actually hurt and not merely playing for a penalty. The rule has to be changed again, some of these tackles being put on report are ridiculous.

Matt Johns was right- the Tigers are soft. And yet they have some guys in thier forwards who are actually tough and don't milk penalities like thier playmakers seem to.

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Benji has a nice swollen eye today following the shot yesterday. And Farah copped a bicep flush on the cheekbone. So many tough guys on here who I'm sure would have no trouble getting back up after copping a high shot....

Benji has a nice swollen eye today following the shot yesterday. And Farah copped a bicep flush on the cheekbone. So many tough guys on here who I'm sure would have no trouble getting back up after copping a high shot....

Benji's was an accidental poke in the eye, and Farah got hit with a feather from a guy wrapping around his own player. Neither was worthy of being on report, but that was the only way the video ref could get involved.

gronkathon

First Grade
No issue with a guy staying down if they are hurt. Should have been PTB after the Marshall and Farah ones though

Tiger Hawk

Bench
Benji's was an accidental poke in the eye, and Farah got hit with a feather from a guy wrapping around his own player. Neither was worthy of being on report, but that was the only way the video ref could get involved.
I don't agree with either on report tbh, but Farah's was high and worthy of a penalty.

The comment on Benji was there to demonstrate he didn't take a dive - he copped a poke in the eye. Wasn't worth a penalty or to be on report but that's footy.

gypsy

Bench
JT has to get a mention here for his dive tonight. Wasn't knocked unconscious, as confirmed on nrl.com

It's not the great game it once was.

BDR

First Grade
To be fair I think most Saints fans took it very well and agreed that it was obviously worthy of a send off. I think Gypsy is taking the piss.

Latest posts