What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah, he's still the biggest diver

Mr Fourex

Bench
See above, there is a difference between someone who can’t/won’t fight and a cheap short merchant who has a penchant to find a smaller player. I am sure I didn’t refer to your clubs Cpt as a skirt. If you have taken my comments as such, well maybe there is something in what you assume. A psych would have a field day with you.

:lol:........pot-kettle-black

What's with the enlarged lettering Johnsy?

Trying to make up for other inadequacies you may have........

800px-little_finger.jpg

Hutty1986

Immortal
Can't believe there hasn't been more backlash over that pathetic dive in the A-League GF.. one of the worst sporting decisions in a long time

Mong

Post Whore
Probably because it wasn't a dive, a bad decision still, but not a dive.

no name

Coach
It most certainly was a dive, he got a slight touch on his shin, planted both feet, took an air swing then leapt to his right. I have heard people in the media have their say, but for me the fact that the leg that got touched landed first gave it away.

I bleed blue & gold

First Grade
The way i see it, the bloke dosent barely even touch him, if at all, he air swings and take the dive. If he had got a good shot on it and scored he would of stayed on his feet. Ive played goalkeeper for years and seen plenty of dives, even though it makes me no expert.

Mong

Post Whore
It most certainly was a dive, he got a slight touch on his shin, planted both feet, took an air swing then leapt to his right. I have heard people in the media have their say, but for me the fact that the leg that got touched landed first gave it away.

Did you happen to notice his left foot landed on the side of the ball which is what caused the ball to "bobble", as they said, and subsequently caused the airswing as he was way off balance after that?

It was just straight out clumsiness. I am not convinced he ever got touched by a defender at all.

Mong

Post Whore
To be honest I CBF arguing, it's only soccer.

Take it that is a no you didn't notice that then.

have a look for yourself on a slow motion replay, it's clear as day, the ref stuffed up, as did the linesman as he appeared to be off side as well.

Mong

Post Whore
I see the qld delusion continues in other footy codes too...

In what way? it wasn't a penalty, he didn't get brought down, he appears off side.

He stood on the side of the ball with his left foot and lost balance and missed the kick with his right foot. It's plain to see.

where is the delusion?

Big Pete

Referee
Wow if we're going to bring up soccer in a diving thread we're going to be here for the rest of our lives.

Mong is correct by the by.

From the best footage I've seen I'd say he did have some sort of minor contact on his planted left leg, which may have caused him to get off balance. As he felt the contact, he stopped focusing on the ball, made a wild swing without even focusing on the ball, fell on purpose and made it very theatrical just to make sure he got the penalty. Very tough decision to get right even with all the replays, generally in these situations referees are better off not blowing the whistle.

Mr Fourex

Bench
Probably because it wasn't a dive, a bad decision still, but not a dive.

I get what you're saying, although the way he stuck up an arm when he fell seemed to be signalling to the referee some kind of protest

.......which is kinda in the realm of diving or at least, dive like.

Feigning he'd been tripped when he obviously hadn't.

Mong

Post Whore
He seems to think he genuinely was and that there was contact. He has people who agree with that as well. Upon watching the replay though and seeing he stood on the ball i would be surprised if he still genuinely believes that though.

Latest posts