What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah, he's still the biggest diver

A couple worthy nominations for the Greg Louganis award this week from the Tiger (yes Benji and Robbie I'm looking in your direction). The Eels are $hit but the Tigers are a bunch of cats.

Fire

First Grade
Every half dives these days after kicking, it's standard operating procedure.

A couple worthy nominations for the Greg Louganis award this week from the Tiger (yes Benji and Robbie I'm looking in your direction). The Eels are $hit but the Tigers are a bunch of cats.

And they get rewarded for it too. The Marshall one was worse too.

Some Tigers players are soft as marshmallows - and yet they have some toughnuts as well. No wonder they can't get to the Grand Final.

I'm surprised Jason Nightingale hasn't been mentioned. He's stayed down after innocuous hits against the Tigers to earn a penalty in two separate games.

As a Tigers supporter I'll admit that Farah tends to stay down to milk the penalty. Marshall, on the other hand, normally gets up unless he's genuinely dazed.

Glen

Bench
Pathetic from Marshall and Farrah. Tigers can beat hopeless teams like Parra and Penrith but will go nowhere with those cats leading them around the field this year

Vic Mackey

Referee
To take advantage of the free interchange rule (which on a related note needs to be scrapped because the refs put everything on report and teams just play the system now to get an extra 2 interchanges).

So we could put a center on, move another center to halfback and the halfback to hooker for 15 minutes

Yep, pretty sure that's what sheens wanted.

The diving thing is done by 99% of players now and I hope sheens instructs the tigers to dive. We had two dragons players go on report when ryan and benji got up which cost us getting penalties whereas nightingale dove in the same game.

I don't care if they get called soft. I'd rather get called soft and get the 2 points then be thought of as tough and lose the game.

The diving thing is done by 99% of players now and I hope sheens instructs the tigers to dive. We had two dragons players go on report when ryan and benji got up which cost us getting penalties whereas nightingale dove in the same game.

I completely agree. If a player has been tackled illegally isn't he entitled to earn a penalty? Of course, if the tackle was within the rules and it's apparent that the player is faking injury he should be penalised accordingly.

Encouraging players to get after after being hit illegally appeals to the notion of stoicism but it effectively punishes that team for the referees' oversight.

Latest posts