What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah Right !!

jayjayselmes

Juniors
Eelementary said:
Tim isn't playing well this year. And he'd be the first to admit that.

But in terms of ability, he's got both Morris and Marsh comprehensively beaten in my mind - and I'm a fan of both Johnny and PJ.

It doesnt matter what he admits we need some new half combo cuz it aint working.

And common better than PJ and morriss that doesnt refelct your intelligence with almost 10000 posts!

Its ok lets persist as is but why are we second last on the ladder?

Eelementary

Post Whore
And what did we finish last season with one T. Smith starring regularly?

Tim Smith has a tonne of natural ability. Attacking ability. Obviously, PJ and Morris are three times each the player Tim is in defence, but last year we protected that.

I just cannot see why playing one hooker or a hooker-cum-five-eighth at halfback would see us do better than the 2005 Rookie Of The Year - a kid who practically single-handedly won us the Minor Premiership.

Eelementary

Post Whore
And I doubt a high post count is a reflection of intelligence. If that were true, Twizzle and Raider_69 would be geniuses...

Eelementary

Post Whore
I realise you're a passionate fan jayjay.

But there are clearly problems (both internally at the club and with certain players, such as Tim) this season. I mean, last season, apart from the Cowboys match, Tim Smith was a superstar.

I see no reason why he can't kick out of that form slump.

The Colonel

Immortal
PJ Marsh and John Morris will not lead us to a premiership at halfback. Sory jayjay but it won't happen. John has never played half and PJ last played halfback outside of filling in 6 years ago. He never played half at the Warriors - divided his time between hooker and five eight.

Brett Foirman for what its worth can't even get a decent run at halfback at the Cowboys with Thurston being much better suited to five eight firstly and secondly sharing the halves role with Shane Muspratt and Jason Smith.

Is Tim the answer? I think he has the talent as you don't do what he did last year without it. He needs some direction which was quite clearly lacking earlier this year with Brians head somewhere up at Newcastle. I dodn't think he was great on Saturday night but he did some very good things at stages and it was probably his best game of the season. Yes he doesn't take on the line but last year he didn't have to. I think he needs to develop a running game but would be better suited to having a player of better ability to John Morris who is more suited to hooker outside of him.

Who that player is I am unsure but there appears to be someone in mind otherwise it would be unlikely we would lose John Morris.

1) Missed ya on Saturday jayjay. I even packed a nice lunch for you HAHAHA

2) Missed ya on Saturday Flatch. Where the f**k you been?

Eelementary

Post Whore
The Colonel said:
PJ Marsh and John Morris will not lead us to a premiership at halfback. Sory jayjay but it won't happen. John has never played half and PJ last played halfback outside of filling in 6 years ago. He never played half at the Warriors - divided his time between hooker and five eight.

Brett Foirman for what its worth can't even get a decent run at halfback at the Cowboys with Thurston being much better suited to five eight firstly and secondly sharing the halves role with Shane Muspratt and Jason Smith.

Is Tim the answer? I think he has the talent as you don't do what he did last year without it. He needs some direction which was quite clearly lacking earlier this year with Brians head somewhere up at Newcastle. I dodn't think he was great on Saturday night but he did some very good things at stages and it was probably his best game of the season. Yes he doesn't take on the line but last year he didn't have to. I think he needs to develop a running game but would be better suited to having a player of better ability to John Morris who is more suited to hooker outside of him.

Who that player is I am unsure but there appears to be someone in mind otherwise it would be unlikely we would lose John Morris.

I'm probably wrong...But didn't Morris play at halfback once at Newcastle when Joey was out?

Stagger eel

Staff member
Tim proved last year that he feeds of the talent of those around him, he is at his best when everyone else is doing their job to the best of their ability, I also believe that there's still a great deal of improvement in the kid and I'm sure that the 6 months he spends under a new coach we'll prove that.

cardinal

Juniors
jayjay you are quick ti jump on tim when he is in a slump dont here you being very critical of wade though. Wades form this year has been about as good as tim. Constant errors at the back are not what you want from your fullback, and if the form he was showing before he got injured is anything to go by we should pay his airfare to NZ. Hayne,T.Smith,B.Smith and Inu are the future of this club not the players who played well in 2006 but are dishing up crap now

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Eelementary said:
And I doubt a high post count is a reflection of intelligence. If that were true, Twizzle and Raider_69 would be geniuses...

hey, who said we aren't :fist: