What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah Right !!

Eelectrica

Referee
Eelementary said:
I'm probably wrong...But didn't Morris play at halfback once at Newcastle when Joey was out?
Yep, in 2002, Newcastle finished the regular season in 2nd position, narrowly missing out on the Minor premiership (They were pretty good). They were buried 38-12 and thus ended their season with JM at half.

Eelectrica

Referee
The Colonel said:
was when Joey did his back in wasn't it?
I believe that's correct.
Johns was injured in the first round match of hte finals series and they lost that one and were buried in the 2nd round match against the Roosters. Who were also pretty good at the time ;-)

Eelementary

Post Whore
Eelectrica said:
I believe that's correct.
Johns was injured in the first round match of hte finals series and they lost that one and were buried in the 2nd round match against the Roosters. Who were also pretty good at the time ;-)

Even if they did win the 2002 GF by default lol.

parra pete

Referee
The bottom line is...Tim Smith is bloody ordinary in 2006..Doesn't matter what he did last week, last year, ten years ago. It is what he is doing now. His general kicking is awful to say the least.
Not a first grader in my opinion...
To play No 7 in NRL, IMO, you have to possess more than an occasional grubber kick. You have to have the ability to lead a team around the paddock, and that is something he DEFINITELY has not got in 2006.

Y2Eel

First Grade
shouldnt this thread be joined with the fickle fans thread??

Pete i thought he did a pretty good job guiding the team around the park atleast we dont have geoff toovey running behind players telling them where to stand i see Tim doing alot of talking out there...

parra pete

Referee
May be we should look at getting someone like Toovey to show them where to stand. IMO Tim has NO respect from his peers and it shows in the way he is playing the game.
Just because there is a differing opinion on the ability of a player doesn't mean the fan is fickle. It means that he/she faces up to reality. The reality in Tim Smith case, the way I view a footballer, is he hasn't got it. Not up to NRL standard in 2006.

emjaycee

Coach
JayJay, congratulations on managing to create a thread that doesnt compare someone to Wade. :sarcasm:

Do you think we should just play the Premier League team in First Grade with the only change being Wade to fullback of course :x

greena

Juniors
I just hope we have other options in the halves next year.

Tim Smith did not play well the other night, he has played poorly all year.

Tim seems to be carried away with short kicks which are more often than not poorly executed. I don't know how may times this season that he has chosen to kick when there has been an overlap and the pass was clearly the best option.

There isn't anybody in the lower grades to replace him with but there better be next year or Parra will be stuffed.

Pricey

Juniors
jayjayselmes said:
id go

6. Moriss
7. PJ
9. Pig

OR

6. Lyon
7. PJ
9. Moriss

And pigg as a running second rower or / hooker interchange

Morris and Lyon are going to be playing for other clubs next year.

jayjayselmes

Juniors
parra pete said:
The bottom line is...Tim Smith is bloody ordinary in 2006..Doesn't matter what he did last week, last year, ten years ago. It is what he is doing now. His general kicking is awful to say the least.
Not a first grader in my opinion...
To play No 7 in NRL, IMO, you have to possess more than an occasional grubber kick. You have to have the ability to lead a team around the paddock, and that is something he DEFINITELY has not got in 2006.

vaery good post pete it seems we like to remember last year wo cares because w need to llok to the future and not back at what happened in the past.

As they say "your only as good as yor last game for that is how you will be remembered!"

The Colonel

Immortal
:roll:
parra pete said:
May be we should look at getting someone like Toovey to show them where to stand. IMO Tim has NO respect from his peers and it shows in the way he is playing the game.
Just because there is a differing opinion on the ability of a player doesn't mean the fan is fickle. It means that he/she faces up to reality. The reality in Tim Smith case, the way I view a footballer, is he hasn't got it. Not up to NRL standard in 2006.

Name 10 of the 35 odd players that have been used so far that are up to NRL standard this season.

You'll struggle. ;-) I know I would.

In your opinion he has no respect from his peers. Have you ever asked them pete? :roll:

The Colonel

Immortal
jayjayselmes said:
vaery good post pete it seems we like to remember last year wo cares because w need to llok to the future and not back at what happened in the past.

Hypocrite. You've been telling everyone to use a bloke who hasn't played halfback in six years. Maybe you should follow your own advice.

sooperdooper

First Grade
jayjayselmes said:
Maybe elementary but its a f**k lot better than we have going on right now.

I mean wake up mate stop living a fantasy this is real life and he shouldnt be playing first grade.

We are willing to lose morris/pj all the keep little timmy at halfback. Drop him immediatly and promote proven players not jokes of footballers

mate i have seen you post on the official forum and you are nothing but negative towards T Smith even last season in a great year.
wow he made 4 metres we all know he isnt a running half.
Seriously mate give it a break, he did some good things out there

Kornstar

Coach
Does anyone else think that jayjayselmes is the Santa that had the altercation with Tim Smith in the off-season?

It would explain the deep hate he has for Timmy

Stagger eel

Staff member
Kornstar said:
Does anyone else think that jayjayselmes is the Santa that had the altercation with Tim Smith in the off-season?

It would explain the deep hate he has for Timmy

not really, I just think he's a simple fool with no idea.