What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yeah Right !!

The Colonel

Immortal
parra pete said:
:shock: :shock: Oh no...What have we done to be forced to endure this.

Invested quite a bit of time and money by the sounds of it pete. Might be something you may need to get used too. Particularly given who is staying and who is going....

Freak2

Juniors
Because of lack of overall game Tim has been found out. No running game means the opposition don't need to defend that. Meaning he will pass or kick.

To be fair tim's long kicking game has improved, but he is still to kick a 40-20 in NRL!

His short kicking game has depleted badly, mostly due to confidence and the rest due to opportunities. You don't lose this skill once you have it and Tim has it, and he simply needs to work harder on it.

I just don't think he is good enough, again I will say it; I HOPE HE PROVES ME WRONG, but at this stage my lungs are under extreme pressure!!:-# :sarcasm:

jayjayselmes

Juniors
We ll the be blatant this was the quote from Jason Taylor when he was asked the questiom...

Would you have promoted Tim Smith is Jeremy smith didnt get Suspended?

Taylor: "Thankfully I didnt have to make that decision"

I think thank quote says it all

Glenn

First Grade
JJS Unless I misread it, it means it is a hard choice between the two.
But of course you can bend it to suit what ever floats your boat.

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
Common we beat souths and timmy still couldnt shine and produced stats listed at the start of this thread.

ts really quite pathtic and sad we have this tool playing at our most crucial positions.

Remember we are second last because of this Joker

While Tim is not performing to the best of his ability, to say he is the reason we are second last is delusional in the extreme. For starters, he played his tenth game of the year on the weekend, in round 15. What happened in our other losses? We have now won two games with him and two without. Is the fact that our forwards (bar Cayless Hindmarsh and MoiMoi) can't make it over the advantage line irrelevant? What about the fact that we've dropped more ball up to now than we probably did all year? That counts for nothing? Or the fact that his halves partners in Morris and Smith have been just as out of sorts? There is always more to a team than pone man, even Newcastle. Tim Smith was not our entire team last year and he is not this year, and to say he is the sole reason behind us being 14th is insane. He, like every single Eel, is a part of the reason. We are not playing AS A TEAM, and relying too much on our induvidual brilliance.

Last year we played as a team, everyone knew where to be and when, evryone knew what to expect. This year they are all relying on someone else to do it, looking for Smith to come up with the kick, or MoiMOi with the bust. We are disjointed and individualistic, whereas last year we were fluid and cooperative. THAT is the problem. Everyone is trying, they just aren't trying together.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
We ll the be blatant this was the quote from Jason Taylor when he was asked the questiom...

Would you have promoted Tim Smith is Jeremy smith didnt get Suspended?

Taylor: "Thankfully I didnt have to make that decision"

I think thank quote says it all
:BDH: :blahb: :blahb:

Bazal

Post Whore
jayjayselmes said:
obviously not JT though

Yet he picks him over Green and Perenara...not to mention PJ Marsh, even though you have such a hard on for him as halfback....

jason taylor

Bench
what happen dto last year when you all were saying Tim Smith was the Eels best halve back since Peter Sterling. It sall happening again Micheal Witt got into the Maroons prem team and he stuffed up same thing is happening to Smith.

jayjayselmes said:
like who colonel? who is not perfroming?

Reddy, Delaney, Morris at times, J Smith at times, Morrison, Robinson, Cayless, Vella, Tsoulous, Cordoba, Riddell, Widders except for maybe 2 games, Taia, Perenara (except for the hit on Gower!), Graham, Burt, Petersen, Wagon.....all have played like shot ducks for most of the season.

And it's not because of Tim, either. Cayless has no go forward and spent the first 8 rounds dropping balls left right and centre. Vella can't even return a kick with mongrel (and up to last year he was one of the best in the game at this). Morrison is playing like he has already signed elsewhere (whoa - guess what?), Widders took his time finding form, Delaney is as slow as my dead grandmother, the young forwards on the bench have provided us with nothing, Wagon plays solidly but does little else most of the time, Graham/Burt/Petersen need no explanation, Reddy has been unspectacular, Robinson is solid but rarely spectacular.

This is not because they aren't being organised or are getting bad service - for the forwards it is because they are a bunch of pussies so far in 06, and the backs have either simply lost the edge they have had in the past or just plain failed to live up to expectation.

It's pretty obvious jayjay that you have little real knowledge of rugby league. The person who takes note of what you say is a rare sight indeed.

forward pass

Coach
I agree HJ, and even worse, he cant spell, construct sentences, use correct grammar or punctuate properly!!

Try posting again when you finish 2nd grade !!!

zuke

Juniors
Surely it's about time that Green was blooded at No. 7. Tim Smith is not the answer at half-back. I have heard of the second year syndrome but I did not think he would end up performing as poor as he has been on the field and off. That is now his 3rd incident. Give Blake Green a go. I heard a caller on 2KY's BSB saying that if he ever heard the name Tim Smith being compared with Sterlo he would vommit. So true.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
We'll see what happens, but the way he's going in PL I dont think he could anymore to get a spot in first grade. This would be good for Green.

James_Hardie

Juniors
Originally Posted by Twizzle
btw JJ, you left try asists off your stats

Angry_eel said:
i was wondering what was missing from ye those stats. oh ye THE MOST IMPORTANT THING.

The answer to that is zero.

I am not siding with the "he is useless" side, but he did nothing in the Souths game to warrent praise. Part of that appeared to be due to the game plan which seemd to be to maintain posession and minimise the chance of mistakes by not playing wide or with second phase. (we had 11 less off loads than the week before against Melbourne). That game plan itself was fair enough against a team like souths, if you hold the ball for longer, you win.

Tim Smith's problem is clearly off the park. He has shown he has the skills nobody can deny that. Application and desire are the issues for Tim.

Sometimes they say you have to lose something before you realise how lucky you were. Perhaps Tim needs to lose his fame and tag as "the next Sterlo" to realise how lucky he is to be doing what he is doing.

yy_cheng

Coach
Could it be he misses Brian. There were always reports where he would phone up Smithy in his spare time to go over tapes.

Utey

Coach
Smithy had him doing the extra training sessions as apart of the "fat" club. Doubt those would be still going on.

sooperdooper

First Grade
Hollywood Jesus said:
Reddy, Delaney, Morris at times, J Smith at times, Morrison, Robinson, Cayless, Vella, Tsoulous, Cordoba, Riddell, Widders except for maybe 2 games, Taia, Perenara (except for the hit on Gower!), Graham, Burt, Petersen, Wagon.....all have played like shot ducks for most of the season.

And it's not because of Tim, either. Cayless has no go forward and spent the first 8 rounds dropping balls left right and centre. Vella can't even return a kick with mongrel (and up to last year he was one of the best in the game at this). Morrison is playing like he has already signed elsewhere (whoa - guess what?), Widders took his time finding form, Delaney is as slow as my dead grandmother, the young forwards on the bench have provided us with nothing, Wagon plays solidly but does little else most of the time, Graham/Burt/Petersen need no explanation, Reddy has been unspectacular, Robinson is solid but rarely spectacular.

This is not because they aren't being organised or are getting bad service - for the forwards it is because they are a bunch of pussies so far in 06, and the backs have either simply lost the edge they have had in the past or just plain failed to live up to expectation.

It's pretty obvious jayjay that you have little real knowledge of rugby league. The person who takes note of what you say is a rare sight indeed.

i dont agree that everyone you quote have played like shot ducks!

but in saying that all those players you mentioned have talent as most players who play NRL do.

All i know is if Parra is the great club we know it as it will bounce back from this poor form and poor off field behaviour.
Tim Smith is a player with talent if he is a true future champion he will dig HIMSELF out of it. Whilst others can help him by putting there hand up to help him out on the field and off it its solely up to him in the end....

Latest posts