What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You fcken bit me, dawg.

salivor

First Grade
So on one hand he was concussed and couldn't remember the incident and then he proceeds to explain the incident in details. Yeah I'm really sold.

ShineDog

Juniors
perverse said:
*sigh*.. it doesn't reflect poorly on other individual players. that's not what i said. it reflects poorly on your club.. which at the moment rates somewhere between the ice addict that tries to bum smokes off me every day on the way to work and a pack of teenage gang rapists in terms of it's image to the rest of the footballing community.

face it - your club has very serious disciplinary issues.

Farkwit, why do you feel the need to catagorise a club , based on the indiscretions of one individual. I am so sick and tired of farkwit's :roll: like you who continually feel the need to pin point the actions and views of one individual , and promote them as the views and actions of all involved in that club or community.

IMO the biting incident was disgraceful and reflects badly on the player (shred his contract) , however the fans and other players seem to cop continual abuse.
If this was not a Dogs player ....would the club (any team bar the Dogs) be copping so much crap or just the player ??????????

Tom Shines

First Grade
Dani said:
The Danny Williams defence. Love it. Both idiots.
That's exactly what I thought. He tells us he doesn't remember anything, and then retells the whole incident?

"Oh I was concussed, I don't remember anything about it. Except for the part in the 38th minute where Tahu caught me slightly high, and I hit my head. I gave him only a slight nibble to get him off me. It was quite a cool night, due to the mediocre weather during the day. I had Weet-bix for breakfast, followed by a hearty lunch of roast lamb on sandwiches. I put the toaster on 3, Medium-brown..."

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well from those quotes, at least Morrin isn't denying it. But the lack of regret will bring him down.
Noad isn't helping his cause.

perverse

Referee
ShineDog said:
Farkwit, why do you feel the need to catagorise a club , based on the indiscretions of one individual. I am so sick and tired of farkwit's :roll: like you who continually feel the need to pin point the actions and views of one individual , and promote them as the views and actions of all involved in that club or community.

IMO the biting incident was disgraceful and reflects badly on the player (shred his contract) , however the fans and other players seem to cop continual abuse.
If this was not a Dogs player ....would the club (any team bar the Dogs) be copping so much crap or just the player ??????????
lol players from the dogs are always in the proverbial sh*t. morrin is just the latest in a long list of morons that rub dirt on your club.

eels_fan_01

Bench
ShineDog said:

Maybe because the whole club is always up to something f*cked up and then fans like you say everytime "its just one player, its just one supporter, its just this, its just that". Go f*ck yourself mate.

gong_eagle

First Grade
I bit him and was shocked when I saw the mark it left

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/why-i-bit-tahu-morrin/2007/08/04/1185648204697.html
Adrian Proszenko | August 5, 2007

Remorseful Bulldogs forward Brad Morrin has talked for the first time about his "brain snap" against Parramatta and apologised for letting his teammates down with an act he fears will forever tarnish his career.
Morrin admitted to biting Timana Tahu in an ugly incident that overshadowed the Eels' brilliant 34-22 win against the Bulldogs on Friday night.
The 25-year-old said he had only meant to give Tahu "a nip" to try to force the former Kangaroos three-quarter off him after being headslammed into the Telstra Stadium turf just before half-time.
"It's a bit unfortunate, I didn't think I did it that bad," Morrin told The Sun-Herald. "I had my hands caught underneath and I more or less did it to get him off me.
"The main thing is that I got slammed into the ground. When I was in that position I had both my hands underneath and if I had my hands free I would have pushed him off me.
"More or less I gave him a nip to get him off, but I was more shocked than anything when I saw the mark it left. I didn't think I could do it that hard with my mouthguard in.
"I did go and apologise to him after it, it was a bit of a brain snap. I haven't done it before and I don't think I'll do it again."
There were suggestions Morrin may have been mildly concussed in the tackle but the no-nonsense back-rower refused to make excuses.
"I do have a bit of a short fuse - it was in the heat of the moment," he said. "My head was slammed to the ground and I felt a bit defenceless down there. I was annoyed by that because I did hit my head pretty hard with the ground.
"It still doesn't condone what I did. He accepted the apology and said 'it's fine, don't worry'."
The Canterbury local junior feared his achievements on the football field would forever be tainted due to his biting indiscretion.
"My dad pointed that out to me," he said. "A lot of hard work goes into getting to first grade and I'd hate to think I would be remembered as a biter.
"I have to make sure the next time I play I go well and put it behind me. I feel for the team at the moment, we've got a few crucial injuries and it's a stupid thing to do and leave them another man down. I'm more worried about them than me.
"I apologise to everyone for what I did and hope to make it up to them and put it behind me. I feel sorry for the club and the fans for leaving them another player down."
The NRL will ask Tahu to provide a statement over the incident, which is almost certain to be referred straight to the judiciary. Although he has yet to discuss the matter with club officials, Morrin admitted he had little choice but to plead guilty should charges be laid.
Bulldogs teammate Reni Maitua said the club would rally around the embattled forward.
"Our club cops a lot of crap and it brings us close together," Maitua said. "We'll let the judiciary deal with things like that and concentrate on playing footy.
"I didn't see the incident at the time, but Brad Morrin is a great guy and a great player.
"He's one of those passionate players and maybe it was a bit of a brain explosion, we'll just have to see what happens at the judiciary.
"We're a pretty close-knit bunch, especially me and 'Moz'.
"We came through the grades together, he's a local junior and been great for the club. Hopefully this won't tarnish his reputation too much."
Eels club doctor Michael Johnson said Tahu's arm was "quite swollen" after the incident.
"It was so blatant, everyone could see it," he said. "He doesn't need stitches or antibiotics, he just needs the bruising to go down. "If he hasn't already been immunised with tetanus we'll consider that."
In further bad news for the Bulldogs, a rib injury will sideline former Test centre Willie Tonga for two weeks.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Look, we all make mistakes

http://www.leaguehq.com.au/news/news/look-we-all-make-mistakes/2007/08/04/1185648204700.html

Willie Mason | August 5, 2007

I REALLY hope the judiciary doesn't throw the book at Brad Morrin.
What happened on Friday night was totally out of character because you couldn't meet a nicer bloke. That's why we were all so stunned to see what he did.
In fact, the only person more stunned than the Eels' Timana Tahu was the man who bit him. When he got into the sheds we all asked him why he did it and all he could say was, "I don't know, I don't know".
"Moz" was really embarrassed by it and feels he's let the team down. It's hard for him because he's been playing some good football and contributing. Even though he's not one of the big names in the NRL everyone knows he's a decent bloke.
At some stage we all do something we regret and it was his turn on Friday night. This sort of thing is not normally his go and he'll take full responsibility for the outcome.
There's not much point trying to pretend it didn't happen - it was picked up on TV and you could even see the bite marks.
At full-time Moz shook hands with "T" and was very apologetic, but there's really nothing more he can do about it now. It certainly doesn't help to have Eels boss Denis Fitzgerald come out and demand he be rubbed out for 10 weeks. There's no need for him to kick a guy when he's down - he should just butt out.
It would be a tragedy to see Morrin on the sidelines for a long time just for one moment of madness. He's better off copping a few weeks' suspension and coughing up a fine. It's up to the judiciary but I hope they are a bit lenient and don't rub him out for the rest of the season.
He's a great bloke, one of the funniest guys you will ever meet, and one of my closest mates. He doesn't deserve to be remembered as a biter. We'll just have to write it off as a brain snap.
It's a shame the incident took the spotlight away from how good a game it was. I didn't enjoy that we lost and I was helpless to do anything about it on the sidelines.
But I don't think we'll be fearing the Eels too much in the semi-finals if we run into them. They fielded pretty much their best side while we had a heap of blokes on the sidelines.
You've got to give the Eels credit - that try by Krisnan Inu was something special - but at times our defence was disgraceful up the middle. There were some positives but "Folkesy" - coach Steve Folkes - was filthy with some of the soft tries. From now on we have to win some games or we're in serious danger of missing out on the semis.
If there's one thing we're keen for at this club it's to cut out the on- and off-field dramas. The leadership group got together recently and decided for the players to stay away from Kings Cross and impose a 10pm curfew during nights out. We decided that if you break curfew or break the rules you're dropped - simple as that. It's a pact that shows how serious we are about performing at our best.
It also shows we're serious about improving our image at the Bulldogs. Alcohol has been a common factor in some of the bad headlines, so this is our way of dealing with the issue.

Moffo

Referee
i believe him

let him off, tahu made a naughty tackle on him in the first place

moonfire

Juniors
Can someone explain to me why if the video ref is allowed to rule on foul play he was not used in this situation?

As for the penalty being blown.... I may be from a union family but can penalties not be reversed in League as they can in union?

Moffo

Referee
absolutely they can be reversed, but the ref didn't see it in person so i don't think he is allowed to reverse it.

gong_eagle said:
"I did go and apologise to him after it, it was a bit of a brain snap. I haven't done it before and I don't think I'll do it again."

So he is saying that he may bite again..........................Give him a holiday, and all players rabies shots before they play the dogs. :lol:

Latest posts