What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You go girls

CozDragon

Juniors
Looks like age shall not weary Stephanie Hancock at the mature age of 42. Sowie must see her being of significant help to the girls team.
I think she will be huge for the young forwards we have at the club, the likes of Koster, Wilson, the Tauaneai sisters, etc. Even the older ones. While she was still providing good impact off the bench for the Titans last year, it is what she will provide off the field that i think will be most invaluable.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
With Maddison Weatherall that's a powerful front row for the women's team
Problem for Maddison is she is purely impact 5-10 minutes either side of half time and possibly at the end if you are chasing points..
With Tara McGrath-West out for the season, Hancock is a good signing, Sowie will need to rotate the forwards well, I don't think Hancock can play as long as McGrath-West so that will be interesting to see how that unfolds, I was impressed with Angelina Teakaraanga-Katoa last year especially the later part of the season she lifted after McGrath-West got injured, she really lifted to cover for her loss. Wraps on Bronte Wilson the 18yo , having Hancock mentor her and the others like Alexis Tauaneai, Ella Koster will be invaluable.

justadragon

Bench
I don't think Maddison is playing NRLW this year. There hasn't been any mention of her re-signing and the fact she is named in the Steelers HNWP team makes me lean towards not playing this year.
She is still on the team list on the Dragons site

CozDragon

Juniors
She is still on the team list on the Dragons site
It's a strange one, they have updated the list with the likes of Kim Hunt etc, but Targett is still there who has retired.
If Maddison is playing, she is the only girl in our team named in one of the HNWP teams.
Per the NRL website it is only showing Te Pou, Mcgregor, Riordan & Mapusua as unsigned (they are still mentioned on the Dragons site, bar Mcgregor who was replaced by Amone). No mention of Maddison as having a contract nor as being a loss.

Latest posts