What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

you MASONS can all go get FARKED!

Inferno

Coach
ok i should have clarified, did anyone form cssc know this was happening, in your answer you said 1% probably did.

Im not trying to take sides cos i simply am not as affected by it as some people but if this was a "jobs for the boys" type of thing then its completely unfair that a supporters group are getting preference over any other supporters.

What benefits do i get given as a supporter that pays $35 per home game to sit in the southern stand? or jo bloggs who sits in the ET stand? If we all wear the same shirt in the southern stand will i get extra benefits or help from the club to get a better seat?

Just sounds suss to me. And honestly we cop enough from rival supporters without creating factions within our own supporter base.

Now I should clarify, I don't even know if its 1%. I can tell you nothing has been spoken about the move on the forum before today when everyone else found out. I'm sure from memory someone asked about moving in the past, and all that was said, was there may be discussions about it down the track.

Like I said though, I do feel a little guilty about taking someone else's seat. But I have also been assured they are being taken care of, and any questions or queries should be directed to the Stadium manager.

Personally I think you raise a good point Ausguy the last thing we want to do is split our supporters, which any favouritism has the potential to do.

jackal

Juniors
Now I should clarify, I don't even know if its 1%. I can tell you nothing has been spoken about the move on the forum before today when everyone else found out. I'm sure from memory someone asked about moving in the past, and all that was said, was there may be discussions about it down the track.

Like I said though, I do feel a little guilty about taking someone else's seat. But I have also been assured they are being taken care of, and any questions or queries should be directed to the Stadium manager.

Personally I think you raise a good point Ausguy the last thing we want to do is split our supporters, which any favouritism has the potential to do.
The focus should have been to get more bums on seats. Not piss off 10% of the current bums on seats.

You say Inferno that someone mentioned moving in the past? Seemingly it paid off, and obviously with very little effort. I know you and other members are not at fault, but it is a silly move and a great cop out. I will miss attending games next year.

But to think when watching every home game and its kick off, seeing the boys in aqua on the half way line will remind everyone of this glorious brain storming idea implemented by the club.

For the record - the CSSC are a fanatical group and no doubt great supporters, but they are not the people who made this decision. I hope their numbers increase to cover the decline on renewals for next year.

Inferno

Coach
I believe someone proposed a question about it, but I don't know what effort if any the CSSC put into making it happen. At the end of the day it remains a club decision. I should also say I don't speak for the CSSC and these are just my opinions on it.

Ausguy

Coach
thanks for not making this an argument Inferno, but its a deadset shame that the cssc is going to be looked on in a negative light by all those people now put out of their season seats that many have probably had since the concourse was put in.

Id love to know what the club is doing to "look after" these people that have been put out? In my opinion nothing can be done if they have moved thier seats, its black and white.

Who is responsible for this? Is it ultimately Mr Irvine or does it fall on someone elses head? If its Damian's call then it stinks to high heaven, an explantion on here or elsewhere is in my opinion needed to let us know why one supporter group has been given preference over the core season ticket holders who pay the same if not more to support their team.

C'mon Damian you were in here when you needed the votes, where are you now?

Fein

First Grade
What a major f**k up this would be if it goes through.

Displacement of people who have had the same seats for years all for the sake of what - TV shots showing a cluster f**k of finger wavers?

The Burrow have been moved from arsehole to breakfast at Souths but never displacing season ticket holders, in fact they are always on the other side of the ground - and rightly so.

Fight it hard.

blacktip-reefy

Immortal
I think its a good idea, as long as the people that are dispossessed are compensated in the plus. Compulsory acquisition shouldn't come cheap.

The Dodger

First Grade
the main reason why i never joined the group was because of where they sat.

i sit on the eastern concoourse, bay 10, right on the 50 metre line.
i like to watch the game when i attend them, not just sit around and cheer for no reason.

where they currently sit, not only was it hard to watch the entire field but you were facing your back to the only screen the stadium has.

its a pretty unfair decision to the people that usually sit there, but throughout the year, bay 11 (to the left of me) wasn't always full.

people that sat there at the begining of the year, stopped turning up after a while and alot of the seats were left empty (same for alot of bays on that side)

obviously the seats couldn't be re sold because of the season ticket holders, but i think they would have made a calculated decision as to which bay would have benefited the most from it.

bay 9 and 10 also had empty seats throughout the year from season ticket holders not turning up, but im guessing bay 11 had more not turning up, hence why they chose that bay.

maybe this move was an attempt to entice people into joining the group.

but i for one would be upset if the seat that i have been sitting in was taken like that too.

newman

First Grade
A shame that we are talking about this and not the membership deals,(and the jersey) which in my mind are fantastic.

newman

First Grade
Ok so the official line from the club is that they are trying to compress everyone on the eastern side, and leave the ends empty (rather than the middle) so it looks better on tv. CAS should have been offered season seats in a better position (closer to the 50) at no extra cost. Mate, I reckon if you get in touch with the memberships manager at the club and have a big enough whinge, they might even upgrade you for nothing.

The jersey in the memberships brochure will be our home strip for the entire year.

Anyone got any thoughts on the Platinum package at $850? Its a good deal but thats alot of money in anyones language. For those who dont have the brochure it includes.

- choice of season seat
- players wet weather jacket
- vip parking for home games
- tour of dressing room with Ricky and watch warm up at one home game
- introduction of all platinum members to the crowd round one
- $100 voucher at Supporters Store
- your name on that rd 1 jersey
- hat, keyring, sticker, flag
- option to buy 2nd seat for $250
- Members emails and all that other bollocks.

Eion

First Grade
Mate, I reckon if you get in touch with the memberships manager at the club and have a big enough whinge, they might even upgrade you for nothing.
And I suppose that is the point. Those forced to relocate should not have to whinge to be looked after properly. Is the club hoping they save a few bucks from those that grin a bear it? For farks sake we should be looking after supporters not treating them like f**king bank customers.

newman

First Grade
From what I have heard Eion they are not. Other people in the same position have been contaced and offered better seats as compensation. CAS seems to be an unfortunate exception.

Supporters are all this club has at the moment. We certainly dont have players or sponsors teehee.

Eion

First Grade
From what I have heard Eion they are not. Other people in the same position have been contaced and offered better seats as compensation. CAS seems to be an unfortunate exception.

Supporters are all this club has at the moment. We certainly dont have players or sponsors teehee.
I hope you're right newman. I suppose we'll hear about it if not.

Angry's posting of the cssc promotion on the sharks website raises some questions. I don't have a problem with it IF all conflicts of interest are properly declared and managed and ALL financial dealings between club and cssc are completely transparent.

The website promotes the cssc as a 'club within a club'. WTF does that mean? Pardon my ignorance here as I'm coming in late to all this but I don't understand why the cssc can't become completely integrated with the club, particularly as there seems to be high level support for cssc at a high level.

gunnamatta bay

Referee
The website promotes the cssc as a 'club within a club'. WTF does that mean? Pardon my ignorance here as I'm coming in late to all this but I don't understand why the cssc can't become completely integrated with the club, particularly as there seems to be high level support for cssc at a high level.
I don't think it's a unique situation. Red V at the dragons fo example.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
No other club promotes memberships to a supporters group, only memberships to the club it self. Checked them all

So I take the finantics are dead?

I spoke to Jarrod Johnstone via phone yesterday. He did confirm to me that the move was made because bays 10 & 11 are only at around 60% capacity and moving the cage and bunching the rest of the members up will make it look "bigger" for TV however he did admit that they didn't think of other factors like family members that have different surnames etc.

He also did say that he will relocate my family to a "better" position so we are all together.

One thing Im also concerned with is - The CSSC are known to stand up during the game and do there little arm waving and sing-a-longs... Since they are now going to be located at the 40m line does this mean that the surrounding bays are going to have extreme trouble viewing any action at the opposite end of the field because they cant see past all the CSSC standing???

At the start of season 09 our children were not allowed to go down to the fence line to give the mascots a high-five because people complained the year before that it apparently disrupts there vision of the game (however towards the end of the year they stopped policing this and our kids enjoyed the quick attention of the mascots)

I wonder if enough people complain that their vision is blocked by the CSSC standing up... will they make them sit down??? After all.. I payed for a SEAT and dont expect myself and my family to stand and try to look over them.

Latest posts