What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You set of knobs!

You have interpreted the situation as an Aus v England thing in regards to rules and whatever... but Evil Homer stated it quite perfectly where you are off the mark.

This is probably why spud kept telling you to reread the thread. THIS post.

This thread has very little to do with countries or racism at all... until you started talking.
You clearly haven't been on this forum for as long as I have so I'll tell you how it is. Spud and a couple of other poms come on here as often as possible and slander anything and everything Australians do yet completely ignore the fact that their country does the same if not worse all the time.

AND most people on here have advocated exactly what Carr is saying. Make a choice when you become a senior player and stick to it. That's what he is saying and it's what most people on here have been saying for years. But because Carr said it the poms try and use it as another opportunity to abuse Australians AS A WHOLE. Have a look at the very first post in the thread. That language is directed at Australia as a country and Australians as poeple. That right there makes it an issue of nationality.

clarency

Juniors
The fact that you cite this as evidence that spud and others slander Australia makes me suspect that they are, in fact, slanderous to Australia. Regardless of whether they are or not, this thread has it's merit outside of international rivalry.

Yes everyone here agrees that the international rules are geniused, though it's been explained (by a few people here) why Carr's proposal is everything but fair.

------------

I just reread the very first post. I don't see any direction towards Australians or Australia as a country. Based on the quoted text I can deduce the remarks he made are aimed at the ARL.

roughyedspud

Coach
don't bother clarency...whenever he's losing a argument,very often, he reverts to claims of racism...he's done it for a few years now..

i swear we could be arguing about water carriers and he'd claim we don't know about australian multiculturalism and that we want to deny the player rights to water...lol...its sad really :lol:

Just as for many years now you have tried to suggest players like Petero Civoniceva, Hayne, Jennings, Willie Mason and any number of others shouldn't be allowed to play for Australia. You've proved how ignorant you are on issues of Australian identity and multiulturalism on many occasions and now you don't even know simple facts about the sport, even in your own country. And you even have to put words in my mouth. You are an ignorant, anti-Australian biggot, but I never used the word racism. Your hypocracy, ignorance and conastant attacks on Australia and Australians proves your hatred. It's clear for all to see. When you choose to only attack one country for something that all countries have done there can be only one motivation for that. Deep seated hatred and discrimination with a healthy dose of hypocracy thrown in.

roughyedspud

Coach
yeah yeah run along little man...everyone knows the game you play..

Just as for many years now you have tried to suggest players like Petero Civoniceva, Hayne, Jennings, Willie Mason and any number of others shouldn't be allowed to play for Australia.

i actually started all this with NZRL & moimoi...as many kiwis will remember..long before starting on the aussies...

and i've never gone after civoniceva either cos he's never played for anyone other than australia

and i've you really have'nt got why i, and many others on here, go after players that nation swap....yeah like hayne,jennings mason, tonie carroll and even the celts like brough then you really do have the head of a rock and are,to paraphrase the great australian language, A DEAD SET IDIOT

ONCE A PLAYER HAS PLAYED INTERNATIONAL RL FOR ONE NATION HE CAN NOT SWITCH

really what part of that do you struggle to understand...cos everyone else gets it

What part of it does Richard Lewis and the RFL not understand? Because they are happy to poach players from other countries, and have done for a decade. And once again we come back to your hypocracy. You haven't argued that players should stick to one country, you have argued that Australia poaches players fromother countries, ignored the fact that England does the same thing, and blamed the whole thing on Australians. That's been your line for years. And it's hypocritical, discriminatory and motivated entirely by your clear hatred of Australia and Australians.

Bwuce

Juniors
Great debate lads but can I ask what is your desired outcome?

If the rules are clarified and then policed what does the sport gain? Surely this is the heart of the matter.

Do players get a better deal? Do spectators win on some "loyalty by nationality" factor? Does this ensure a better spread of players within the international network?

Of course it should be one country with some qualifying clause for those who migrate but there also needs to be an enforcable set of standards for how a player qualifies in the first place.

roughyedspud

Coach
What part of it does Richard Lewis and the RFL not understand? Because they are happy to poach players from other countries, and have done for a decade. And once again we come back to your hypocracy. You haven't argued that players should stick to one country, you have argued that Australia poaches players fromother countries, ignored the fact that England does the same thing, and blamed the whole thing on Australians. That's been your line for years. And it's hypocritical, discriminatory and motivated entirely by your clear hatred of Australia and Australians.

i've never argued that players should'nt stick with one country?? what f**king planet do you live on?? look at my sig..its been there about 3 years lmao

right i'll do this slowly so you'll understand and i'll use current players instead of going back decades to when no one ran the game anyway..

right..case 1

AKUILA UATE - was actively poached from fiji by the NSWRL to play state of origin and as a result be eligible for australia

geoff carr even tried to intervene

FRIDAY, 30 APRIL 2010 06:40
By Robert Dillon - ARL chief executive Geoff Carr has ordered Country Rugby League officials not to select Knights flyer Akuila Uate for next Friday's representative clash with City Origin at Port Macquarie. The Herald was told on Wednesday that Uate was a virtual certainty for a Country Origin wing berth, except in the unlikely instance that Australia's selectors did not retain Brett Morris for next week's Anzac Test. But Uate, by representing his native Fiji at the Pacific Cup in November, unwittingly made himself ineligible for representative honours in Australia until after the next World Cup, in 2013.

yet 6 months later he's picked for australia..with geoff carrs blessing

case 2

feleti meteo - was actively chased by the NSWRL for a couple of seasons..and the only reasons he did'nt switch was because 1.he could'nt be arsed writing a letter to the RLIF and 2. despite chasing him NSWRL would'nt guarantee him a place.

case 3

ben harrison & chris bridge - these players where able to switch to england after the world cup legally because the ARL put it in the laws that after the world cup players would be able to switch again..they put this law into effect so that they could get the likes hayne and jennings back after the world cup..

case 4.

danny brough - see akuila uate....you guys have set the precedent on players switching outside of the alloted period...i don't want him playing for england...but you guys let uate switch...so we have to let brough switch

the difference between us and you lot is you chase players and we leave it upto the players...danny brough wanted to play for england last year,if we poached players we would have selected him and we did'nt..

was that slow enough for you?

Nightward

Juniors
AFAIK with the World Cups what happens is that players who have heritage eligibility to another nation but who have played for another are free to play for their heritage nation if their home nation does not select them. Similarly, any player who represents their heritage rather than home nation can be selected for their home nation later.

The idea here, as already mentioned, is to help the nations that don't have as many top-flight players as others do to bulk up their playing stocks and have a better go at the tournament. I think this is reasonable enough; nations like Australia, England, and New Zealand can all call in additional reserves if everything goes pear shaped any way.

Tonie Carroll played for Australia and NZ under that system.

In the case of Akuila Uate, what actually happened was that he failed to file the required paperwork to declare eligibility for the Blues. I'm not sure where that article got that information from, because that wasn't what really happened.

Benji Marshall and the others played for an Australian Residents team... at that age and level, that's just how they're selected.

The long and the short of it is that aside from the World Cup dispensation, selection rules probably need tighter wording.

What are you going to do? Some people's families migrate soon after their birth, and their children rightly consider themselves people of their new home much of the time. Unfair to deny them the right to represent their home country.

I'd say being 18+, citizenship and an application in writing to the RLIF and the nation they want to play for, with a year off for those who are changing nationality and citizenship (more to make sure nobody's doing it for the sake of it than anything else) should be enough.

YMMV.

deluded pom?

Coach
If you are of Kiwi descent and raised in Australia why should you have to commit to one or the other at such an early stage of your career? What if they chose Australia but never get the call up? Do you want them to be denied the chance to play international football (within rules established by many other sports) just because he had to make a decision when he wasn't even being considered for an international team?

roughyedspud

Coach
if your lucky enough to be dual eligible and opt for 1 nation but never makes it then i've not got a issue with that person then playing for his 2nd nation.

its when they actually get a cap..thats when they become locked in

Evil Homer

Staff member
You have interpreted the situation as an Aus v England thing in regards to rules and whatever... but Evil Homer stated it quite perfectly where you are off the mark.

This is probably why spud kept telling you to reread the thread. THIS post.

This thread has very little to do with countries or racism at all... until you started talking.
He won't reply because he has absolutely no reply. If you read ECT's posts he's barely mentioned Geoff Carr. Like I said, all I can think is his bizarre rants about racism are a sort of coping mechanism because he can't deal with the fact that the ARL are so crooked.

ParraEelsNRL

Referee
Fair dinkum.

Hurry up and get the 4 nations playing so we can settle this the right way, the Australian way :D

i've never argued that players should'nt stick with one country?? what f**king planet do you live on?? look at my sig..its been there about 3 years lmao

right i'll do this slowly so you'll understand and i'll use current players instead of going back decades to when no one ran the game anyway..

right..case 1

AKUILA UATE - was actively poached from fiji by the NSWRL to play state of origin and as a result be eligible for australia

geoff carr even tried to intervene

yet 6 months later he's picked for australia..with geoff carrs blessing

case 2

feleti meteo - was actively chased by the NSWRL for a couple of seasons..and the only reasons he did'nt switch was because 1.he could'nt be arsed writing a letter to the RLIF and 2. despite chasing him NSWRL would'nt guarantee him a place.

case 3

ben harrison & chris bridge - these players where able to switch to england after the world cup legally because the ARL put it in the laws that after the world cup players would be able to switch again..they put this law into effect so that they could get the likes hayne and jennings back after the world cup..

case 4.

danny brough - see akuila uate....you guys have set the precedent on players switching outside of the alloted period...i don't want him playing for england...but you guys let uate switch...so we have to let brough switch

the difference between us and you lot is you chase players and we leave it upto the players...danny brough wanted to play for england last year,if we poached players we would have selected him and we did'nt..

was that slow enough for you?
You certainly are slow. Where is your proof of this supposed "chasing" of players? It doesn't exist. It's just more typical pommy conspiracy nonsense made up because you hate Australia and Australians. AND you still try and defend England poaching Irish players EVEN THOUGH you try to claim you support one nation for life. So it's okay for England to do this but not Australia. What a f**king surprise. Your hatred couldn't be more obvious. When you single out one country but completely ignore other countries that do the same thing and then have to make up slandrous bullshit to try and back up your discriminatory nonsense it's pretty clear.

AND you have the hide to say England don't poach players. So how do you explain Barrie McDermott, Chris Bridge, Ben Harrison, Gareth Carvell, Keith Mason, Lee Gilmour and Richard Horne? All played for other Celtic nations and then played for England. The only reason the list isn't MUCH longer is because England hardly played from 2001 to 2007 because it was Great Britain - with "and Ireland" hastily tacked onto the end to try and justify selecting Irishmen like Carney. I'm sure you can't explain it but you'll make up some bullshit.

And on top of that England has also selected players who only qualify for England due to being paid to play RL in England. This includes Faasavalu who only ever went to England to play for St Helens and young Rhys Evans who played at full senior level for Wales only a year before playing England Academy. He was a Brynteg product from South Wales and only ever went to England to play for Warrington. And I suppose no one "chased" him and told him to switch from his native country to England. Name one Australian who was bought into the Australian game like this. EVERY single player who has played RL for Australia came through the Australian system, either as a junior or a union convert. We don't go coercing Welsh kids who played the game at school in Wales and for all the Welsh junior sides to then play for us just because one of our clubs paid him to play for them. And Wales is supposed to be a country the RFL is trying to help! Some f**king help.

RedVee

First Grade
I haven't read all the thread because it is all a bit angst driven, so forgive me if someone has covered this.

Soccer makes people choose at the time they rep at national 20s (I think), someone else mentioned Rugby with the 7s etc.

Rugby League is not Soccer or Rugby as we all know. so whats the answer, surely they need to have one eye on what the others do.
Would it be better to do what Carr is suggesting, but with the proviso it only covered the major Test nations? ie Pacific Islands, Scotland, Ireland, Lebanon etc are excluded but Australia, New Zealand, England are in the deal? I'm not sure about PNG, France and Wales because of the 4N.

roughyedspud

Coach
and on top of that england has also selected players who only qualify for england due to being paid to play rl in england. This includes faasavalu who only ever went to england to play for st helens and young rhys evans who played at full senior level for wales only a year before playing england academy.

that makes no fcking difference what so f**king ever you spaz....stop making your own laws up

dibviking

Juniors
if your lucky enough to be dual eligible and opt for 1 nation but never makes it then i've not got a issue with that person then playing for his 2nd nation.

its when they actually get a cap..thats when they become locked in

but then isnt that player only playin for that nation because he cant get a game for the nation he actually wants to represent?? thats wrong