What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young kiwi guns

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Can any of you kiwi guys or gals list any good young kiwi NRL prospects warriors or otherwise to keep an eye on. I’ve heard a lot about perham and Tavita-Harris for the warriors and hiroti(souths) and marsters(dragons).

Thanks.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
It’s a huge ask to throw 2 youngsters in at the deep end. Ideally These 2 kids need to be eased in behind 2 established NRL halves over the next 2 seasons.
Yeah I understand what you're saying but they have to hit the ground running at some stage. Theres no real (NRL) experienced halfback left at the club right now, so unless we sign someone up, we could very well see these guys open the season straight from kick off.

Stalefish

Juniors
my only worry with the playing the young ones is a full season of nrl contact, speed and tackling. big jump for them

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Green is our experienced halfback. He'll do the bulk of the organising and run the forwards around.

Whoever partners him just needs to do their job and execute when called upon.I'm expecting CHT to end up getting the nod round 1.

Paul Turner is highly rated but CHT moving up to first grade will probably open up an ISP slot for him to continue his development.

Juju

Juniors
The name Paul Turner popped up today along with those two and Keighran. Is he any chance or is Cameron George just making light of the loss of SJ?
Paul Turner is a way off FG. He's a prospect for sur - but the Australian School Boys owned the NZ u18s with him playing leading them around.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Yeah I understand what you're saying but they have to hit the ground running at some stage. Theres no real (NRL) experienced halfback left at the club right now, so unless we sign someone up, we could very well see these guys open the season straight from kick off.
get the whole off season to train in the position and then Sink or swim. I'm a fan of this approach

jaseg

Juniors
Warriors have a kid called Tom Ale who could/should debut in 2019. Still has growing to do but he could grow into the Warriors Jason Taumalolo. Very powerful and damaging runner.

Terrific with ball in hand. Massive issues on the other side of the ball.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
get the whole off season to train in the position and then Sink or swim. I'm a fan of this approach
It's how Shaun and so many other young halves started out. It SEEMS like the only way to do it, unless they put Green at 7 and Hiku at 6 (Im not a fan of Hiku in the halves) and the youngsters come on for Hiku. Obviously no-one else is offering an alternative so thats all I can see happening.

Might be another one to add to my big list of correct predictions...hmm...

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Green is our experienced halfback. He'll do the bulk of the organising and run the forwards around.

Whoever partners him just needs to do their job and execute when called upon.I'm expecting CHT to end up getting the nod round 1.

Paul Turner is highly rated but CHT moving up to first grade will probably open up an ISP slot for him to continue his development.

As long as they can play the same sort of role Lino played this year and the rest of the team plays to the plan we’ll be fine.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
I was listening to Aussie talkback and John Sutton was bandied around as a good fit for Warriors if they could get him cheap. Thoughts?
Good buy because he's quite versatile and he fits the Warriors style of play. To get him cheap would be a bonus. I wouldn't say he's up there with the best but more of a 'thereabouts' player.

It's how Shaun and so many other young halves started out. It SEEMS like the only way to do it, unless they put Green at 7 and Hiku at 6 (Im not a fan of Hiku in the halves) and the youngsters come on for Hiku. Obviously no-one else is offering an alternative so thats all I can see happening.

Might be another one to add to my big list of correct predictions...hmm...
There was an article with Kearney saying there will be no stop gap measure (eg no Hiku or Harris) in the halves.
So it's there for the young guys to impress preseason.

What we see about round 6 if we have less wins than losses could be different.