What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young kiwi guns

spear tackle

Juniors
There was an article with Kearney saying there will be no stop gap measure (eg no Hiku or Harris) in the halves.
So it's there for the young guys to impress preseason.

What we see about round 6 if we have less wins than losses could be different.

Round 6 is about the time I expect to see SJ get too comfortable with his new club and start to drift.

Round 6 is about the time I expect to see SJ get too comfortable with his new club and start to drift.
Sharks have a nice first 6 weeks based on last years form.
Knights
Titans
Cowboys
Eels
Roosters
Panthers

Depends on a few factors with SJ.
Results, media attention, mrs location and level of arrogance to prove haters wrong.

If all those are negative it will be very interesting and his new potential friendship with Fafita.

spear tackle

Juniors
Sharks have a nice first 6 weeks based on last years form.
Knights
Titans
Cowboys
Eels
Roosters
Panthers

Depends on a few factors with SJ.
Results, media attention, mrs location and level of arrogance to prove haters wrong.

If all those are negative it will be very interesting and his new potential friendship with Fafita.

SJ doesn't seem to take negative well

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Getting back on topic is the once rumoured warriors target Dylan brown an actual kiwi born #7 or was he born in Aus to kiwi parents?

Also just read that broncos boom forward jaydn Sua has pledged his allegiance to Queensland. God I F-ing hate state of origin!!!

Matua

Bench
Getting back on topic is the once rumoured warriors target Dylan brown an actual kiwi born #7 or was he born in Aus to kiwi parents?

Also just read that broncos boom forward jaydn Sua has pledged his allegiance to Queensland. God I F-ing hate state of origin!!!
Wasn't he in Oz since he was 2 and he's played Junior Kangaroos? No issue with that.

Brown's Eels profile says he's Auckland born.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
...Also just read that broncos boom forward jaydn Sua has pledged his allegiance to Queensland. God I F-ing hate state of origin!!!
As you may or may not know - theres a lot of kiwi league fans who love State of O just as much as the aussies do. I do think its less popular with the millenials but these young gun kiwis that play union or league are right into it. You just pick a team and back it to win on the best thing to watch on a Wednesday night. Any team you pick is going to be good. The only way for Origin to lose its popluarity is for the Kangaroos to start losing and thats not happening soon. Until then, I think we can expect to see more kiwi born "Origin" players.

Matua

Bench
As you may or may not know - theres a lot of kiwi league fans who love State of O just as much as the aussies do. I do think its less popular with the millenials but these young gun kiwis that play union or league are right into it. You just pick a team and back it to win on the best thing to watch on a Wednesday night. Any team you pick is going to be good. The only way for Origin to lose its popluarity is for the Kangaroos to start losing and thats not happening soon. Until then, I think we can expect to see more kiwi born "Origin" players.
I really don't give a shit about Origin and I live in Australia ... the only way I'd be interested in it would be if they opened it up for NZers. It's not the early 90s anymore and we're not starved for sport that I have to watch two Australian teams play each other midweek.

IMHO Origin ruins international league and I care more about the Kiwis than any other league team - yes, including the Warriors.

Although, I can fully understand why others like it and have no issue with that.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
I really don't give a shit about Origin and I live in Australia ... the only way I'd be interested in it would be if they opened it up for NZers. It's not the early 90s anymore and we're not starved for sport that I have to watch two Australian teams play each other midweek.

IMHO Origin ruins international league and I care more about the Kiwis than any other league team - yes, including the Warriors.

Although, I can fully understand why others like it and have no issue with that.
Imagine if the old trans-Tasman 3 test series of the 80’s&90’s replaced state of origin. Now that’s something I’d watch instead of some interstate contest that’s killing international RL.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Imagine if the old trans-Tasman 3 test series of the 80’s&90’s replaced state of origin. Now that’s something I’d watch instead of some interstate contest that’s killing international RL.
We could have both! Remember that in the 90's when we had those tests, origin was being played those years as well. I'd love to see both.

I guess I speak for the masses. A few of you may not like origin but so many do, including some of our own young gun kiwis who have chosen to pick origin over NZ (e.g. Jayden Sua). Also, I think theres bigger crowds at origin games compared to the kiwi/aussie tests.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
Wasn't he in Oz since he was 2 and he's played Junior Kangaroos? No issue with that.

Brown's Eels profile says he's Auckland born.
So if he turns out to be any good there could be a tug of war between NZ and Australia for him.

Walter sobchak

First Grade

Exactly. Origin has become a behemoth and does huge damage to the international game.

Walter sobchak

First Grade
We could have both! Remember that in the 90's when we had those tests, origin was being played those years as well. I'd love to see both.

I guess I speak for the masses. A few of you may not like origin but so many do, including some of our own young gun kiwis who have chosen to pick origin over NZ (e.g. Jayden Sua). Also, I think theres bigger crowds at origin games compared to the kiwi/aussie tests.
Each to their own but I hate origin so much I’d rather watch a wallabies v allblacks international than 2 state teams.

ozbash

Referee
Green is our experienced halfback. He'll do the bulk of the organising and run the forwards around.

Whoever partners him just needs to do their job and execute when called upon.I'm expecting CHT to end up getting the nod round 1.

Paul Turner is highly rated but CHT moving up to first grade will probably open up an ISP slot for him to continue his development.

season over if Green gets hurt,, theres no plan B.

Rich102

Staff member
About time we grew a pair instead of running off and paying overs for some unproven "name" player. Give our juniors a chance or they will go overseas.

Latest posts