What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your clubs best sponsor?

dontmakemeangry

Juniors
Over the years there have been hundreds of different companies jump on board as a major jersey sponsor for NRL teams. In your opinion who has been your best?
Being an old Gold Coast and now new Titan supporter Jet*Star would have to rank as our best, who has been yours?
Maybe Woodgers
DahDah
Alpha Micro
Penfolds
What was the Broncos very first one.............
The Northern Eagles one was a goodin but can't remember it..

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Mitsubishi Electric and Hyundai for the Dogs. Mitsubishi have the been the longest and staunchest I think.

The Preacher

First Grade
dontmakemeangry said:
Over the years there have been hundreds of different companies jump on board as a major jersey sponsor for NRL teams. In your opinion who has been your best?
Being an old Gold Coast and now new Titan supporter Jet*Star would have to rank as our best, who has been yours?
Maybe Woodgers
DahDah
Alpha Micro
Penfolds
What was the Broncos very first one.............
The Northern Eagles one was a goodin but can't remember it..

It was Powers, the brewery had just got going at Yattala. Bernie Powers was the boss, ended up selling out to Carlton/Fosters.

t-ba

Post Whore
Dodger said:
Yes. :sarcasm:

For those who aren't aware, Nick Politis is Cty Fords Scion.

That neagles sponsor was QALA if memory serves. A far sight better than our 1998-9 sponsor-Goold old FAI.

Rocky Rabbit

Juniors
The best of course is our current sponsors,cause they pay the bills

Always loved the rabbits with Smiths Crisps on the front.

Hurriflatch

Referee
t-ba said:
For those who aren't aware, Nick Politis is Cty Fords Scion.

That neagles sponsor was QALA if memory serves. A far sight better than our 1998-9 sponsor-Goold old FAI.

Ah yes the Qala Bears ;-) :lol:

Choppies

Coach
Milk is still on the shorts I think.
City ford for the length of time but Samsung mach 2 for the cash.

Dodger said:
Yes. :sarcasm:

:lol: you don't know sh*t, time to school you

when he took over at city ford, it wasn't called city ford -i forget what it was called, wright motors i think- he renamed it to city ford, became one of the largest ford dearlership in the country, became a major sponsor of the roosters and ended up as chairman, where do you think all our money came from? why do you think everyone hates us?

my god you are annoying

t-ba

Post Whore
petetheileet said:
remember the year faggy sharks and sea eagles both had pepsi as a sponsor

I don't actually.

I thought the Sharks had Reebok as their sponsor up until 1996 and didn't carry a sponsor in 1997 (SL year). After that they were sponsored by Pepsi (1998 onwards), and Manly were then sponsored by FAI.

Hurriflatch

Referee
I remeber having a bottle of coke confiscated at the gates at Brookie because they were sponsored by Pepsi f*ck that one pissed me off

macavity

Referee
for the Knights,

C&A came on board when we had nothing going for us and they didn't really have much to gain. still, 90% of the region hated them before they came on board, and now 90% of the the region walks around with their logo on them...

for longevity would have to be NBN, and NIB have stuck solid too. we have a bazillion of them though - most individual sponsors in the comp.

I miss Henny Penny at games though.... :(

Latest posts