What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your clubs best sponsor?

Choppies

Coach
macavity said:
C&A came on board when we had nothing going for us and they didn't really have much to gain. still, 90% of the region hated them before they came on board, and now 90% of the the region walks around with their logo on them...

care to explain for those that don't live up that way? ;-)

Tom Shines

First Grade
t-ba said:
I don't actually.

I thought the Sharks had Reebok as their sponsor up until 1996 and didn't carry a sponsor in 1997 (SL year). After that they were sponsored by Pepsi (1998 onwards), and Manly were then sponsored by FAI.
Correct.

Tom Shines

First Grade
Wests Tigers have had some good ones... Don's Smallgoods, JFTA, and of course, Radisson Maine.
What about the Manly one, TJF-EBC? (Whatever the f**k that meant).

Perhaps Firepower for the Bunnies will be another collapsed company.

Mr Saab

Referee
Dont know how you can say which sponsor is better than another.
For the Broncos i guess Powers as they are the original and they won back to back 92/3 with them as sponsor.

Best of all time is Cash Converters for the Reds of 1995.

Mr Saab said:
Dont know how you can say which sponsor is better than another.

agree...all sponsors are good sponsors as long as they are putting money into the club and keeping their noses out of how the club is run

macavity

Referee
Choppies said:
care to explain for those that don't live up that way? ;-)

C&A are a division of Rio Tinto

which is a company renowned for

a) environmental destruction; and
b) screwing workers the world over

ever heard of Ok Tedi?

locally they have screwed over coal miners for longer than I have been around, though the current boom means the miners are finally getting some of their own back.

to be honest the commie greenie in me hates the fact they sponsor my beloved club.

but the economic rationalist in me says I would have Satan Inc on the jersey if they ponied up the right cash...

and yes my vote would be for Henny Penny - they paid bugger all, but talk about an iconic sponsor....!

Hurriflatch

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
James Hardie

Parra fans might remember that old song "James Hardie is there for you" :lol:

you missed the next line of that song

"unless you want a compo payout"

Latest posts