What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your clubs best sponsor?

Von

Juniors
As someone has stated Canberra Milk used to be the major sponsor for the Raiders in the early 90s, and so all the players had "MILK" plastered on their back. I had an American mate visiting so I took him to the pub in Sydney and was explaining our great game to him. In Gridiron, the players names are stated on their back, so after about half an hour, he turned to me and said, "that MILK guy is a great player. He's involved in everything! He is everywhere!" :D

RainMan

Juniors
petetheileet said:
remember the year faggy sharks and sea eagles both had pepsi as a sponsor

Not me?

Pepsi for Manly. Was good for a laugh when the Coke Cola Sevens were around and Manly won it a couple of times. Matty Ridge rubbing it in by thanking our sponsors Pepsi and neglecting to thank Coke. :D

innsaneink

Referee
Mow em down Magpies with VICTA

13.02_westsretro.jpg

Wests Tigers = JFTA....most aesthetically agreeable on the jersey at least.

Opposing team= always chuckled seeing Roosters running
around with SEMEN all over their jerseys :lol:

Chachi

Bench
McFadden (garages).

Took over from Woodgers for our World Club Challenge game against Widnes and then went bust.

Nice.

Hurriflatch

Referee
Chachi said:
McFadden (garages).

Took over from Woodgers for our World Club Challenge game against Widnes and then went bust.

Nice.

if only Andrew McFadden was playing then :lol:

Alex28

Coach
I would think that Stockland came in at a time where the Knights were looking pretty dodgy - poor performances on the field and a diabolical position off the field. BP took over sponsoring the Knights after Henny Penny left, but there was at least a season where we didn't have a major sponsor at all and just had the Hunter McDonalds franchisee's on the sleeves.

No doubt Coal & Allied has been quite important to the club, but Wests were always going to bail us out. Back then Wests were aligned to Super League and we had no saviours...

Walt Flanigan

Referee
Gotta go with Woodgers.

Before Mal Meninga lifted the 89 Winfield Cup he says "this is for you jim". He's talking about Jim Woodger who was great for the club.

Timbo

Staff member
Woodgers was a furniture dealer I think. At least thats what the people in my house who are old enough to remember are telling me.

I miss Video Ezy and Milk mainly.

Latest posts