What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

timka4

Bench
Your living in denial, it was a dead rubber, they didn't care. If that was a decider, Queensland would have killed NSW

yeh your right, they didn't wanna white wash us and become the latest team to do it, not saying they were 100% but still

Springs

First Grade
Because your club has a crap hooker and you can't realize what a good one can do.

What?
What I meant was, I don't like Ennis' style of play as he is a little grub, and Farah is good but always seems to stuff up at the big stage.

diddi kong

Juniors
Where the f**k did you pull this sh*t out of? Sure there are plenty of questions about Jennings in attack, but there's no question that he is one of the best attacking centres in the game. In relation to his passing, did you not see him set up Gordon for 2 tries the other week against the Dogs on a platter?

Stop talking out of your ass!!!

did you also see josh morris that game? narrowly denied twice, gunned jennings for pace easily, big, footwork, and deadly close to the line. proved last year that his combination with his winger is very potent, imagine if that were his brother. the better choice plus lyon/idris right, jennings isn't a left centre! morris is the better choice

G.I.

Juniors
NSW ORIGIN

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Josh Morris
4. Jamie Lyon
5. Jamal Idris
6. Terry Campese
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Kade Snowden
9. Michael Ennis
10. Ben Cross
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Paul Gallen
13. Luke Lewis

14. Tom Learoyd-Lahrs
15. Michael Weyman
16. Willie Mason
17. John Sutton

Top side :thumn:thumn:thumn

Jono1987

Juniors
except for last year?, and don't mention dead rubber cause that means sh*t!

I liked your team Jono, except I would prefer Idris on the wing if anything, make him like what Folau was / is like for QLD, I think it will suite him more. Also I would chuck Snowden or Douglas in over King. But otherwise I would be very happy with that team

Yeah I would be just as happy for someone like Snowden to get a chance instead of King. Also to be completely honest I forgot all about Mason. If he was in my side I'd get him out there playing prop with Weyman and moving Lahrs to be the bench. As others have said Lahrs is probably more suited to the bench anyways.

benj4

Juniors
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Cooper
4. Beau Scott
5. Timana Tahu
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh (c)
12. Chris Heighington
13. Paul Gallen

Interchange:
14. Luke Lewis
15. Luke Douglas
16. Kade Snowden
17. Anthony Watmough

Josh Dugan
Jarryd Hayne
Timana Tahu
Jamal Idris
Joel Monoghan
Trent Barret
Brett Kimmorley
Michael Weyman
Michael Ennis
Tom Leroyd-Lahrs
Ben Creagh
Luke Lewis
Anthony Watmough

Kurt Gidley
Paul Gallen
Willie Mason
Luke Douglas

Ladmate

Bench
1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Brett Morris
3. Matt Cooper
4. Beau Scott
5. Chris Lawrence
6. Kurt Gidley (c)
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Aiden Tolman
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Chris Heighington
13. Paul Gallen

Interchange:
14. Luke Lewis
15. Luke Douglas
16. Kade Snowden
17. Anthony Watmough

Good team, but two changes.

1. Tahu has done nothing to deserve being selected, first one dropped.
2. They will never drop Gidley, so slot him at 5/8 where he is better.

Springs

First Grade
Good team, but two changes.

1. Tahu has done nothing to deserve being selected, first one dropped.
2. They will never drop Gidley, so slot him at 5/8 where he is better.

But Lawrence has, pfft. Whenever I see Lawrence play he seems to be shrugged off and run over the top of. He can't tackle, and selecting him at right wing will only make it worse.

hybrid_tiger

Coach
But Lawrence has, pfft. Whenever I see Lawrence play he seems to be shrugged off and run over the top of. He can't tackle, and selecting him at right wing will only make it worse.

You can't have watched him too much then.

He couldn't tackle a few years ago, he's now a quality defender.

mxlegend99

Referee
did you also see josh morris that game? narrowly denied twice, gunned jennings for pace easily, big, footwork, and deadly close to the line. proved last year that his combination with his winger is very potent, imagine if that were his brother. the better choice plus lyon/idris right, jennings isn't a left centre! morris is the better choice
Narrowly denied twice against a centre you're saying can't defend though. :lol: although if you actually watched him play you would realise that his defence isn't as bad as people make out and that he has also improved a lot since last season.

As for his pace... having a screwed knee will slow down pretty much anyone. He needs surgery but has put it off in hopes of making the Origin team. Josh Morris wasn't the only one that caught him. Michael Gordon was matching pace with Josh Morris as he chased Jenko down.

That said, I wouldn't pick Jennings for Origin with his knee the way it is. He quiet often gets up out of tackles with a bit of a limp and his pace is definitely suffering aswell.

Also... Jennings spent the majority of his career at left centre. His form at left centre is what got him picked for City, NSW and Australia last season. They played him on the right as he's more comfortable on either side of the field then most centres. He asked to be moved to the right this season as that's where he was more likely to be picked in rep teams.

typicalfan

Coach
Josh Morris is in terrible form. I know this because he is in my fantasy side and he is ordinary at the moment.

He gifted Luke MacDougall a try on the weekend and IMO needs to improve to be in the front running.

Even though Cooper had a bad game I wouldn't drop him like that, I think we under utilised him and Morris in game 1.

My personal preference is to make as little change as possible whilst fixing the balance of the team. However I would change the forward pack a little to give a stronger look.

1. Jarryd Hayne
2. Timana Tahu
3. Jamal Idris/Beau Scott
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brett White/Kade Snowden
11. Nathan Hindmarsh
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Luke Lewis
16. Tom Learoyd Lars
17. Willie Mason

18th man Greg Bird

Vic Mackey

Referee

well you must have stopped watching tigers games in 2007 then.

the last few years lawrence has become one of the best defensive centers in the nrl. the transformation in his defence has been unbelievable.

diddi kong

Juniors
Josh Morris is in terrible form. I know this because he is in my fantasy side and he is ordinary at the moment.

Wow shows what you know judging players by fantasy points, Lockyer never gets any points on fantasy, is he in poor form, no, he's playing the best he's played for years, his quote, not mine.

MacDougall

First Grade
Assuming Hayne will be suspended.

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Jennings
6. Gidley
7. Pearce
8. Douglas
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Heighington
13. Gallen

14. Snowden
15. Mannah
16. Lewis
17. Learoyd Lahrs

Lewis is probably good enough to be the starting 6, 11, 12 or 13 but he is the perfect utility. The Dogs are crap and choosing their 7 and 9 is geniused. Farah goggles off, how can you justify selecting the key playmakers of a side that haven't won in over a month? The Cowboys might be poor but Thurston always looks good for them. Kimmorley has looked alright but Ennis has been very quiet. Farah at 9 allows Gidley to play 6 because he becomes the second key playmaker that the 6 usually would be.

Snowden is probably a slightly better player than Douglas but the difference isn't wide enough to counter the fact that having Snowden come on after twenty would scare QLD. Mannah has been in undeniable form.

There is no way they will choose a side even close to this. But oh well.

typicalfan

Coach
My side altered for possible omissions to Hayne and Lewis due to suspension.

1. Josh Dugan
2. Timana Tahu
3. Jamal Idris
4. Matt Cooper
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Brett Kimmorley
8. Michael Weyman
9. Michael Ennis
10. Brent Kite
11. Nathan Hindmarsh/Trent Waterhouse
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Greg Bird
16. Tom Learoyd Lars
17. Willie Mason

typicalfan

Coach
Wow shows what you know judging players by fantasy points, Lockyer never gets any points on fantasy, is he in poor form, no, he's playing the best he's played for years, his quote, not mine.

He was miles better last year. Very good game against the Tigers considering the lack of opportunity but many times this year he has looked sluggish and off the pace.

I never said that I judged his form based on his fantasy points.

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
1. Josh Dugan
2. Timana Tahu
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. John Morris
10. Kade Snowden