What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your NSW Game 2 Lineups?

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
I dont think theres many selections you can debate with to be honest. All have proven they should be there. You cant say you cant pick Sharks players (even though thats stupid as we are in amazing form). Cause the Sharks are doing better than teams like the Cowboys. So should we not pick Thurston? its the same principle which should be applied to some of the Sharks players.

cheers

gronkathon

First Grade
1. Josh Dugan
2. Timana Tahu
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. John Morris
10. Kade Snowden
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Tim Mannah
Back up back: Josh Morris
Back up half: Jamie Soward
Back up forward: Luke douglas

One prop on the bench = Epic Fail

Big_Bad_Shark_Fan

First Grade
One prop on the bench = Epic Fail

Why? I have no personal vendetta with you Gronkathon but I must ask you why?

Why would you bother picking 4 props when we hardly have any besides Snowden, who are really any worth picking. we had 3 props play last game and maybe 1 played averaged, the other two crap. why would you bother wasting 4 spots on these guys? Watmough, Gallen etc can effectively play the role of the 4th prop if needed. They do more tackles, hit harder, and make more metres in attack, and size wise arent far off.

Cheers

diddi kong

Juniors
He was miles better last year. Very good game against the Tigers considering the lack of opportunity but many times this year he has looked sluggish and off the pace.

I never said that I judged his form based on his fantasy points.

Ok, sorry. But i don't think he hasn't been playing well, I think the Bulldogs haven't been getting the go forward and hasn't been given the same opportunity as last year.

Spot On

Coach
Assuming Hayne will be suspended.

1. Dugan
2. B Morris
3. J Morris
4. Lawrence
5. Jennings
6. Gidley
7. Pearce
8. Douglas
9. Farah
10. Weyman
11. Watmough
12. Heighington
13. Gallen

14. Snowden
15. Mannah
16. Lewis
17. Learoyd Lahrs

Lewis is probably good enough to be the starting 6, 11, 12 or 13 but he is the perfect utility. The Dogs are crap and choosing their 7 and 9 is geniused. Farah goggles off, how can you justify selecting the key playmakers of a side that haven't won in over a month? The Cowboys might be poor but Thurston always looks good for them. Kimmorley has looked alright but Ennis has been very quiet. Farah at 9 allows Gidley to play 6 because he becomes the second key playmaker that the 6 usually would be.

Snowden is probably a slightly better player than Douglas but the difference isn't wide enough to counter the fact that having Snowden come on after twenty would scare QLD. Mannah has been in undeniable form.

There is no way they will choose a side even close to this. But oh well.

Is this selection one you have included because you feel Gidley is the best option at 5/8 or have you slotted him in because you believe the selectors will have him there??

gronkathon

First Grade
Why? I have no personal vendetta with you Gronkathon but I must ask you why?

Why would you bother picking 4 props when we hardly have any besides Snowden, who are really any worth picking. we had 3 props play last game and maybe 1 played averaged, the other two crap. why would you bother wasting 4 spots on these guys? Watmough, Gallen etc can effectively play the role of the 4th prop if needed. They do more tackles, hit harder, and make more metres in attack, and size wise arent far off.

Cheers

You run two bench props for balance.

Yes Gallen, Whatmough can do the hard yards up the middle if required but if they pick the right props (Not Perry & White) than the two guys mentioned can do the hard line running at the fringes.

Picking more than one player in the teams spine who offers a genuiine attacking threat would also have helped our pack greatly in game 1

MacDougall

First Grade
Is this selection one you have included because you feel Gidley is the best option at 5/8 or have you slotted him in because you believe the selectors will have him there??

I suppose it's a bit of both.

After last night I'm not so sure though.

I think that as he's captain there is no way he won't be in the run on side. If I was the sole selector he would be on the bench. Lewis at 12 and Heighington out of the team.

Spot On

Coach
I suppose it's a bit of both.

After last night I'm not so sure though.

I think that as he's captain there is no way he won't be in the run on side. If I was the sole selector he would be on the bench. Lewis at 12 and Heighington out of the team.

No offence MacDougall but as a Newcastle supporter I can tell you that Kurt Gidley playing in the halves for NSW is insane. I will be in total disbelief if the selectors go with him there unless all other viable options are injured or suspended.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
1. Josh Dugan
2. Timana Tahu
3. Michael Jennings
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Brett Morris
6. Trent Barrett
7. Mitchell Pearce
8. Michael Weyman
9. John Morris
10. Kade Snowden
11. Greg Bird
12. Anthony Watmough
13. Paul Gallen

14. Kurt Gidley
15. Trent Waterhouse
16. Anthony Tupou
17. Tim Mannah
Back up back: Josh Morris
Back up half: Jamie Soward
Back up forward: Luke douglas

THAT is why you fail.

hellteam

First Grade
Will Lewis get suspended? His tackle looked pretty bad.... more dangerous then Hayne's pussy headbutt anyway

Jono078

Referee
1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Jamal Idris
3 Michael Jennings
4 Matt Cooper
5 Brett Morris
6 Trent Barrett
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Michael Weyman
9 Michael Ennis
10 Jason King
11 Trent Waterhouse
12 Ben Creagh
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Kurt Gidley
15 Kade Snowden
16 Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
17 Greg Bird / Luke Lewis (depending on injury and suspension)

Is what I think selectors will go.

MacDougall

First Grade
1 Jarryd Hayne
2 Jamal Idris
3 Michael Jennings
4 Matt Cooper
5 Brett Morris
6 Trent Barrett
7 Brett Kimmorley
8 Michael Weyman
9 Michael Ennis

10 Jason King
11 Trent Waterhouse
12 Ben Creagh
13 Paul Gallen
--
14 Kurt Gidley
15 Kade Snowden
16 Thom Learoyd-Lahrs
17 Greg Bird / Luke Lewis (depending on injury and suspension)

Is what I think selectors will go.

These are the only selections I won't be angry with. The other positions have better players available. I do agree with this except I don't think Gidley will be on the bench and I don't think Hayne will play.

voltron

Juniors
players i want to see in the team
gallen, snowden, douglas, bird, O'Donnell, barrett, and mannah
well one of snowden of douglas, and if O'Donnell isnt included not too fussed
but the rest? they should be in the team
stiffen up our team

1. Hayne/Dugan
2. B. Morris
3. Scott/Cooper
4. Tahu
5. Burt