What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your team for the Penrith game

brook

First Grade
Actually I'm going to (partially) agree with westie

Wilson imo has been poor all year - he simply doesn't appear to be the same player he was last year.

On the other hand fitzy was also caught out a few times and you can't blame that all on wilson - both players were a worry in defence

honestly I liked fitzy at hooker - a lot - and I am begining to think the best solution to reynolds injury (at least until we have benji back) would be to have fitzy back at hooker sharing the role with mears and Farah at 5/8th

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Wolsin has been poor lately and Fitzy cant really be blamed. He hasn't played wing before and hasn't played centre in over a year. It will take him time to get used to defending there again. Did well I think, he would be back to his best football at centre after a few weeks and would play better than he did in 2002 because he has some good halves to play off.

ozcrusader

Bench
Fitzy at hooker?
No way.

Mears played so well yesterday and Farah gives us something else everytime he goes on.

Why does fitzy HAVE to be in the team? He is HOPELESS at five eigth. Has absolutely no idea. Just draws a circle on the ground and runs around it non stop.

I dont know what Fitzy gives sheens every week but its working - i can see sheens moving him to 5.8th #-o

brook

First Grade
Why do we have to have fitzy in the team?

In this case I would argue because we DO need a 5/8th and have limited options

we could move a backrower there but I hate doing that - we need creativity in the halves and farah would offer that...we really don't have many others (if any) that do

Given that sheens clearly likes using two hookers to me fitzy would be the obvious choice - he looked good there and has every time I've seen him there and while he is nowhere near in the same class as robbie I think in the month or so before benji gets back we really don't have anyone else who would offer as much at 5/8th as robbie does

Dale.2.

Juniors
I'm sick of Westies "black and white" veiw of the world,the way he can completely overlook the pathetic defence of his favorite little Magpie Reynolds and then turn around and give it to one of our best defenders can no longer be put down to his age or obvious bias,instead i suggest it is his superior intelligence and over friendly personality that are to blame.

Westie go f**k a Magpie!

Anyhow back to Wilson,his slight lack of form is a simple of case of him going from one of our trump cards last year to a bit player this year combined with a slightly different defensive pattern employed by the coach,he's better suited to the in your face defence we had last year and he more than most will take a while to adjust to the wait and slide defence we are using this year,not a lot is wrong with his attack its more a case of him being thrown the ball and asked to do something with it rather than as it should be with the halves putting the ball out infront of him so he can hit a hole,a small adjustment is needed by all responsible.

Watch for Johnny to have a big game friday night ;-)

Tigerpete

Juniors
My side this week is one i wouldnt normally pick but since out stocks are getting lower and lower, we have no choice:

1.Hodgson
2.Moodie
3.Wilson
4.Halatau
5.Elford
6.Fitzhenry
7.Prince
8.Gibbs
9.Mears
10.Skandalis
11.Graham
12.O'Neill
13.Sattler

14.Farah
15.Laffranchi
16.Lima
17.Galea

Fitzhenry back to 5/8 because he is a tried option in this position and would still be better to play there than say Graham, Sattler or Galea. Elford Shifts to the wing and Halatau comes into the side. Elford depsite being great in the number 4 shirt, to me is the most logical choice on the wing.

skandofan

Juniors
1-Hodgson
2-Moodie
3-Halatau [ went strongly last yr and should b there]
4-Wilson
5-Elford [ ive just taken this from other ppl but can he play wing?]
6-Fitzhenry [we need a quick defensive 5/8th for campbell]
7-Prince
8-Gibbs [ deserves to start- more bulk than lanfranchi]
9-Mears [played brillantly last sunday- great out of dummy half]
10-Skandalis
11-Graham
12-O'Neill
13-Sattler

14-Lanfranchi
15-Viane [ is he fit?]
16-Lima [great debut- showed why he was picked]
17-Galea [ do u guys just forget about this guy?]

Dale.2.

Juniors
yappy said:
favorite little Magpie Reynolds

:? :? :?
First Murphy now Reynolds. Why do the Balmain fans want to lump all of their nuffy's on us. :lol: :lol: :lol:

No you've got that all wrong,i am a Wests Tigers supporter.

I used to be a Balmain supporter but shit happens so i got over it and moved on,it's called personal growth, a stunted stand alone dreamer like yourself should try it.

yappy

Bench
it's called personal growth, a stunted stand alone dreamer like yourself should try it.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

and you should try and find out where your precious Wests Tigers go back to when they get dropped peanut. It's called intelligence - a fairly important pre-requisite to personal growth dopey. A mental stunted genius like yourself should try it before you go lecturing anyone. :roll:

I'll make it so easy even a tool like you could understand. Ben Reynolds does not, and never has played for Western Suburbs, so how the hell he could possibly be westie's "favorite little Magpie Reynolds" is a mystery only an amoeba like yourself could possibly comprehend.

If you meant Fitzhenry then you can't be much of a Wests Tigers supporter, seeing as a stunted stand alone dreamer like myself knows more about your players than yourself.

I'll steer clear of any personal growth you might advocate, seeing as it would doubtless consist of sub-dividing and spreading like the germ you are. :p

westie

Bench
Dale.2. said:
I'm sick of Westies "black and white" veiw of the world,the way he can completely overlook the pathetic defence of his favorite little Magpie Reynolds and then turn around and give it to one of our best defenders can no longer be put down to his age or obvious bias,instead i suggest it is his superior intelligence and over friendly personality that are to blame.

Westie go f**k a Magpie!

Anyhow back to Wilson,his slight lack of form is a simple of case of him going from one of our trump cards last year to a bit player this year combined with a slightly different defensive pattern employed by the coach,he's better suited to the in your face defence we had last year and he more than most will take a while to adjust to the wait and slide defence we are using this year,not a lot is wrong with his attack its more a case of him being thrown the ball and asked to do something with it rather than as it should be with the halves putting the ball out infront of him so he can hit a hole,a small adjustment is needed by all responsible.

Watch for Johnny to have a big game friday night ;-)

This is a classic post. You do realise that Reynolds is a Balmain player dont you?

BTW im really sure Timmins agrees with you about Wilsons defense :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dale.2.

Juniors
So Reynolds is a Balmain man is he,silly me i should know these things but which side of the joint venture a player comes from makes no difference to me,they are all Wests Tigers players in my eyes.

Well done Westie you scored a nice little victory there,when your finished gloating try explaining why you dont criticise Reynolds defence :roll:

Yappy i see you put a lot of thought,passion and effort in to that post,hell i dare say you even enjoyed it,but the bottom line is that i couldn't be bothered replying to someone who doesn't share the same passion for the Wests Tigers.

innsaneink

Referee
Yappy said:
and you should try and find out where your precious Wests Tigers go back to when they get dropped peanut. It's called intelligence - a fairly important pre-requisite to personal growth dopey. A mental stunted genius like yourself should try it before you go lecturing anyone.
Not very substantial yappy.......and not very intelligent to advise someone to find out where the team goes in YOUR fantasy.....only YOU can tell us that mate.

bonstonker

Juniors
Dale.2. said:
Well done Westie you scored a nice little victory there,when your finished gloating try explaining why you dont criticise Reynolds defence :roll:

probably because he makes more tackles per minute than any other player in our backline along with missing less. :roll:

westie

Bench
Dale.2. said:
So Reynolds is a Balmain man is he,silly me i should know these things but which side of the joint venture a player comes from makes no difference to me,they are all Wests Tigers players in my eyes.

Yappy i see you put a lot of thought,passion and effort in to that post,hell i dare say you even enjoyed it,but the bottom line is that i couldn't be bothered replying to someone who doesn't share the same passion for the Wests Tigers.

It might have something to do with him not being continually run through.

yappy

Bench
Not very substantial yappy.......and not very intelligent to advise someone to find out where the team goes in YOUR fantasy.....only YOU can tell us that mate.

Have you had a couple of brewskies Ink? Still trying to decifer this. Dale gave westie a serve and referred to Reynolds as his 'favourite little Magpie'. I was merely making the quite obvious point that Reynolds is a Balmain player. Nothing to do with fantasy, just who he played for when Sheens dropped him.

which side of the joint venture a player comes from makes no difference to me, they are all Wests Tigers players in my eyes.

So that's why you referred to Reynolds as a Magpie is it? :roll: :roll: :roll: Even when you're back tracking you show your true colours. Give it a rest you hypocrite.

innsaneink

Referee
Almost as smooth as one of Joe Cools sidesteps, but not quite.

I'll give ya a hint.......

and you should try and find out where your precious Wests Tigers go back to when they get dropped peanut. It's called intelligence - a fairly important pre-requisite to personal growth dopey. A mental stunted genius like yourself should try it before you go lecturing anyone

I'd like to know.
Where will they go? When will this happen?

yappy

Bench
Mate I'm in under the sticks and jogging back into position after nailing the conversion.

Reynolds is a Wests Tigers player correct?
When he gets dropped from First Grade (as he already has this season), he must play for one of the two Premier League sides correct?
So which one? (I'll give you a hint - it's not the Magpies!)

I have no idea what sort of fantasies you're accusing me of, but I'd say it's you that is running off on some sort of flight of fancy. Can I make it any more plain than:-

Reynolds plays for Balmain when he gets dropped!

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

innsaneink

Referee
Oh now I get it......when you say "precious Wests Tigers", your talkin of individual WT's players, not the team as a whole.
My misunderstanding.
Though maybe you can see why I was a little confused....I do know seeing
the whole WT's team dropped wouldnt make you unhappy :lol: ...thought that was ur angle.
My apologies

Latest posts