What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your Teams Starting Line-up week one 2010

Bazal

Post Whore
1-Hayne
2-Grothe
3-Inu
4-Tahu
5-Burt
6-Mortimer
7-Robson
8-Cayless
9-M Keating
10-Poore
11-Hindmarsh
12-Shackleton
13-Mateo

14-K Keating
15-Ben Smith
16-Moi Moi
17-Mannah

After a few rounds I think Keating will move to the starting halves with Morts, and Robbo will drop out with Anthony Mitchell coming on to the bench...but it depends how we go

timka4

Bench
Even at full strength, that's a bloody weak team. I'm struggling to find more than 3 players that would be playing first grade at ANY other club in the NRL.

Knights for the spoon.

yeh that was pretty much our team on paper last year, but we still made 7th, plus we had at least 4 injuries to starting players last year so i think we are underdogs once again this year

Bulldog Force

Referee
01. Luke PATTEN
Steve TURNER
Josh MORRIS
Jamal IDRIS
Bryson GOODWIN
Ben ROBERTS
Brett KIMMORLEY
Ben HANNANT
Michael ENNIS
Michael HODGSON
Gary WARBURTON
Andrew RYAN ©
David STAGG
INTERCHANGE
14. Chris ARMIT
Jarrad HICKEY
Yileen GORDON
Dene HALATAU

franklin2323

Immortal
Even at full strength, that's a bloody weak team. I'm struggling to find more than 3 players that would be playing first grade at ANY other club in the NRL.

Knights for the spoon.

I thought the same thing last year and they went well. Same team this year. Souths would kill for that backline they have a terrible backline

Vic Mackey

Referee
Surely you guys would have a better option?

im one of denes biggest critics, but i think him and the bulldogs are a perfect match. after 4 big hit ups he would be great to steal another 15ms or so out of dummyhalf for them.

dene is what he is, you won't change him.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What I expect from Ricky
1. N. Stapelton
2. B. Ferguson
3. D. Collis
4. B. Pommeroy
5. L. Covell
6. T. Barrett
7. S. Porter
8. K. Snowden
9. J. Morris
10.L. Douglas
11.A. Topou
12.G. Millington
13.P. Gallen

14.J. Mannah
15.B. Wright
16.A.Cuthbertson
17.P. Aiton

macavity

Referee
Knights for the spoon.

Like clockwork.

We are definately lacking a game breaker, but it is a well balanced team with a lot of depth.

We need Stone to prove himself a great coach and we need two of Mullen/Rogers/Dureau to really step up.

We have a great pack and our backline can find the line - our halves are the big question.

6th-9th on balance - as high as 4th if Mullo has a break-out year, 12th or lower if things fall in a heap.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
What I would go with
1. A. Kelly
2. B. Ferguson
3. D. Collis
4. L. Covell
5. N. Stapelton
6. T. Barrett
7. S. Porter
8. K. Snowden
9. P. Aiton
10.L. Douglas
11.P. Gallen
12.A. Cuthbertson
13.A. Topou

14.J. Mannah
15.B. Wright
16.G. Millington
17.J. Morris

NAS

Juniors
I thought the same thing last year and they went well. Same team this year. Souths would kill for that backline they have a terrible backline

This is the same backline that scored more tries than any other last year......

You sure about that?????

To be honest, I think with the exception of Gidley and Mullen, souths wouldn't swap the players that they have for any of the knights players......that's just my take on it.

The Roosters on the other hand......really look ordinary going into next year, and the sharks look weaker than I thought they were.

That Newcastle team is suspect on paper, but there are a lot of teams that look shaky....Penrith are unconvincing, as are Brisbane and the Cowboys. St George really look weak up front!! And the warriors have holes everywhere, but none more prevalent than in the outside backs.......

That Dogs side looks the goods, and I'd like to see what titans fans think their side will look like.......

Jelly Warrior

Juniors
This is the same backline that scored more tries than any other last year......

You sure about that?????

To be honest, I think with the exception of Gidley and Mullen, souths wouldn't swap the players that they have for any of the knights players......that's just my take on it.

The Roosters on the other hand......really look ordinary going into next year, and the sharks look weaker than I thought they were.

That Newcastle team is suspect on paper, but there are a lot of teams that look shaky....Penrith are unconvincing, as are Brisbane and the Cowboys. St George really look weak up front!! And the warriors have holes everywhere, but none more prevalent than in the outside backs.......

That Dogs side looks the goods, and I'd like to see what titans fans think their side will look like.......

So who's going to give us a titans and Broncos teams, not sure if we have missed any others.

NAS

Juniors
im one of denes biggest critics, but i think him and the bulldogs are a perfect match. after 4 big hit ups he would be great to steal another 15ms or so out of dummyhalf for them.

dene is what he is, you won't change him.

I agree completely with this assessment. If there's one thing that the Dogs have lacked, it has been a genuine utility who can play in the back line or the forwards.

They tried to do this with Reni Maitua who was more of a forward, and Daniel Holdsworth who was more of a back........

Halatau is adept at covering centre, backrow or hooker, and does all well enough. In that dogs side, with the big forwards, he'll really prosper. He's likely to make Ennis all the more dangerous as well, given that Ennis will be allowed to take a breather every now and again.

If gordon can do for the dogs what Eastwood did for them last year, it could be the year of the dog.....

Geohood

Bench
The Roosters side is very much an unknown, but what I think round 1 will be:

1. Carney
2. Minichiello
3. Graham
4. Perrett
5. SKD
6. Anasta
7. Pearce
8. Ryles
9. J. Aubusson
10. FPN
11. Myles
12. Symonds
13. M. Aubusson

14. Foran
15. Paea
16. JWH
17. Cherrington

Palms

Juniors
As a Tigers fan I would run with (and I think this is the most balanced team) for round 1:

1. Mitch Brown
2. Taniela Tuiaki
3. Blake Ayshford
4. Chris Lawrence
5. Beau Ryan

6. Benji Marshall
7. Tim Moltezen

8. Bryce Gibbs
9. Robbie Farah
10. Keith Galloway
11. Gareth Ellis
12. Chris Heighinton
13. Liam Fulton

14. Arana Taumata
15. Jason Cayless
16. Todd Payten
17. Junior Moors/Tame Tupou/Mataka/Simon Dwyer all vying for a spot

Fitzhenry will not be anywhere near the round one team unless injuries occur!

Boofhead

Juniors
I'm thinking Carty will be going with this to begin the season.

1. Preston Campbell
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Mat Rogers
4. Joseph Tomane
5. David Mead
6. Greg Bird
7. Scott Prince (C)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Michael Henderson
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Mark Minichiello
13. Ashley Harrison

14. Aaron Cannings
15. Brad Meyers
16. Luke O'Dwyer
17. William Zillman

I prefer this line up much more:

1. William Zillman
2. Kevin Gordon
3. Mat Rogers
4. Clinton Toopi
5. David Mead
6. Preston Campbell
7. Scott Prince (C)
8. Luke Bailey
9. Nathan Friend
10. Aaron Cannings
11. Anthony Laffranchi
12. Ashley Harrison
13. Greg Bird

14. Michael Henderson
15. Brad Meyers
16. Mark Minichiello
17. Luke O'Dwyer

Big Pete

Referee
Expected Broncos Line Up

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Denan Kemp
3. Steve Michaels
4. Israel Folau
5. Jharal Yow Yeh
6. Darren Lockyer (c)
7. Peter Wallace
8. Nick Kenny
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Ashton Sims
11. Ben Te'o
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Corey Parker

14. Lagi Setu
15. Alex Glenn
16. Josh McGuire
17. Scott Anderson

elyod138

Bench
1. Gallant
2. Williams
3. Graham <sigh>
4. Tonga
5. Williams
6. Thompson (only one ive seen in action out of the young crop we have, god i hope we can find somone better then rovelli out of them)
7. JT
8 Tamou (very exciting prospect, leaves antonio cowpussy for dead. Might be more suited to backrow though)
9 Payne
10 Webb
11 Bolton
12 Southern
13 LOD
14 Watts
15 Rapira (same as tamou, genuine hitter we need to come off the bench and make an impact)
16 Kaufasi/Manakafoa <sigh>, hopefully they pull their fingers out and earn their $$$
17 Ah Mau, which ever one of the brothers is the prop. Hopefully unearths some decent talent ALA tamou and rapira in 2009.

Not the best looking squad we have put together. Losing tronc means the rest of the pack has to cover for those 40+ tackles he made every week and looking at the likes of webb and kaufasi its not promising. Hopefully atleast one of the younger blokes we signed fires as we are desperate need of unearthing a superstar instead of buying old broken down ex-stars

No Matt Scott?