What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts on our loss

The_Coach

Juniors
Absolute disgrace, the lot of them. Heartless pathetic performence.

You can't single one or two players out, they all had pea hearts today. And for evey good thing the likes of Tahu and McKinnon done they stuffed something else.

18 men need to take a look in the mirror, have a beer and pizza night, whatever, and ask themselves what they get paid for?

Y2Eel

First Grade
_goParra said:
Watch the game, Tim Smith did absolutely nothing just went MIA. Morris was the only half visible.
everyone went MIA...

stringer was bloody doing more passing..

WTF did brian say at halftime....

Y2Eel

First Grade
Tahu and Mckinnon werwe there usuall selves but geez everyone else sucked...

Avenger

Immortal
1. We are missing go forward. Moi Moi will fix that.

2. We are missing Morrison.

2. Tim Smith's game is being affected by the lack of go forward.

V1er

Juniors
I think it was a pretty awful performance from just about all the players, tahu and wade were proably our best, its like they forgot how to tackle after halftime. What has smith been saying to them at halftime? we seem to go ok in the first half of games but we just turn to crap in the 2nd half.

Y2Eel

First Grade
Avenger said:
1. We are missing go forward. Moi Moi will fix that.

2. We are missing Morrison.

2. Tim Smith's game is being affected by the lack of go forward.

1. we should have enough go forward without the Moi moi...

2. I thin we did miss morrison but zeb played alright today..

3. timmy should take more control but i guess the lack of go forward doesnt help...

Avenger

Immortal
Y2Eel said:
1. we should have enough go forward without the Moi moi...

2. I thin we did miss morrison but zeb played alright today..

3. timmy should take more control but i guess the lack of go forward doesnt help...

Tim aslo has a 5/8th next to him that is badly out of form. He seems to be the only option in attack.

The_Coach

Juniors
From what i saw it looked like the players just ignored Timmy and everyone just wanted to run from dummy half or pass it to Widders.

The frustration he showed when Grothe gave him a nothing offload that he knocked on proves it.

nöyd

Staff member
Sure McKinnon makes a sh*tload of line breaks but will he please stop running away from his support ffs

_goParra

Juniors
The problem is not go forward. Tim is not even TOUCHING the ball. Whats that got to do with go forward.

His touches for the entire game would be in single digits. Second half would be ZERO. Why blame forwards for that.

Sean7

Juniors
Tai (spelling?) was our only true go forward. A great debut, he'll probably get the sack for that effort. Vella and Tsoulos were solid and tried hard, but just don't have the impact on the defensive line that just about every other team has. Cayless once again was nowhere to be found when the going got tough. Hindmarsh was awful in attack and he was (for some reason) 5/8 off just about every scrum. It's never done anything for us so lets try it again after the bye. We have one of the most dangerous centres in the comp in Tahu just standing around after we win scrums because we prefer to take hit-ups.

Peterson looks loke he's making his debut every week. It's time to stop the Burt - Peterson - Burt - Peterson merry-go-round and try to find someone who will be our true first grade winger. Both have spent plenty of time in reserves over the last few years, but Brian seems to think that this time it's going to be different. Why would it be? Let go.

Tahu did everything humanly possible to get us back in the game. Take a bow. McKinnon was also very good, though how he bombed that try I don't know.

Tim Smith's touches were all class, but in the second half it was just all one out crap. I'm really sure if it was his fault or not. I guess he just has to be more demanding, but he needs some support as he's still young. Morris wasn't crap today, but he doesn't exactly strike fear into the hearts of his opponents. He's okay at continuing a play, but we need someone else who can create something. When Gower went off for Penrith, they could rely on Campbell and Wesser's individual brilliance to conjure something out of nothing. We only have Tahu and we need him with some space out wide. We need a new 5/8 and that's not a knock on Morris. I just don't think he fits at the moment.

So what's our excuse this week? I'm sure we can think of something. Get cracking guys and gals. I'm working on something based around the inspiration that Gower's injury provided, but I've got hammer out a few chinks before I post it.

nöyd

Staff member
I liken Tim Smith to an american basketballer (and I'm paraphrasing the film "White Men Can't Jump")

He wants to look good first, and win second