What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts on our loss

_goParra

Juniors
nöyd said:
Sure McKinnon makes a sh*tload of line breaks but will he please stop running away from his support ffs
We seem to be too confused when we make a line break.. just dont know what to do.

Avenger

Immortal
nöyd said:
Sure McKinnon makes a sh*tload of line breaks but will he please stop running away from his support ffs

I reckon McKinnon may be lucky to start in 2 weeks. Reddy has been killing it in PL.

nöyd

Staff member
Avenger said:
I reckon McKinnon may be lucky to start in 2 weeks. Reddy has been killing it in PL.

Well somebody has to come in for Peto, I honest to god cringe whenever he goes near the ball

parralight

Juniors
1. No one can tell me that Matt Peterson is the best right winger we have at the club.

2. Tahu was great so was Taia.

We need LEADERSHIP.

Its time Brian bought some of the young fellas into the first grade. Surely we cant go worse than we already are...
Blokes like Cordoba and Jak and Taia are the future, they are enthusiastic and fit.

We need to drop the slow old forwards like Cayless, Stringer and Vella.

I see that Delaney is injured... I suppose that Brian will probably be calling Joe Bartolo for another game!!

We have a world class young backs like Kris Inu and Jarrod Hayne surely they can get a run now ????

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Gee I know he didnt do anything, but some of you are going on about Petersen as if he was the worst player. I dont think he was, but he didnt really do much. I thought there were other players who did worse.

It was a disappointing performance, I cant believe in 3 games in a row we've done well in the first half but blew it in the 2nd half. Against Penrith today, we conceded 30-0 in the second half. Absolutely disgraceful, theres no excuses.

I really dont know what they need to do to improve, it seems no matter what they do they just cant put it togther. Unless the 17 players turn their form around.

Full credit to Timanu Tahu and Zeb Taia, they played well today.

pantherz9103

First Grade
As a Penrith fan I'm over the moon with our victory and very proud about how we lifted with Gower off. We did it for Gowie. I just pray he's ok and won't be out for too long.

But I can't understand the Eels. Of course this week I tipped Penrith, but all the other weeks I've tipped the Eels, because I still view you as one of the big threats in the comp. Its only early days and granted you have some injuries, but I still am baffled by your start to the season.

Be thankful that your halfback hasn't been taken to hospital though.

nöyd

Staff member
PARRA_FAN said:
Gee I know he didnt do anything, but some of you are going on about Petersen as if he was the worst player.

I am not saying he was the worst player, far from it. Petersen has the best intentions and is a great club man, but maybe his best just isn't up to NRL standard.

Harsh I know, but possibly the truth.

i would rather drop someone who did nothing in the second half before peterson who tried to make things happen and made some mistakes AT LEAST HE TRIED how many other players can say the same?
i don't mind losing its when the players give up and just throw the game away that i can't stand

PB

Bench
Tim Smith was woeful today, but you can't drop him as some suggest.

Our game plan appeared to be to run the Penrith forwards around and get them out wide. When we held the ball in the first half, it looked ok in patches. Those patches were when Tim Smith got involved and threw good long passes. Then he disappeared, and out game plan went out the window.

And people aren't going to like it but Burt will come in for Peterson. Burt had a pretty good game today in PL.

And take this tounge in cheek, but Eric Grothe needs to play a game in ressies wearing jumper 11 and realise that he is 100+ kilos, and choc-a-bloc full of power. he doesn't have to put in kicks and try and offload. JUST FREAKING RUN ERIC!

parralight

Juniors
PARRA_FAN said:
Gee I know he didnt do anything, but some of you are going on about Petersen as if he was the worst player. I dont think he was, but he didnt really do much. I thought there were other players who did worse.

It was a disappointing performance, I cant believe in 3 games in a row we've done well in the first half but blew it in the 2nd half. Against Penrith today, we conceded 30-0 in the second half. Absolutely disgraceful, theres no excuses.

I really dont know what they need to do to improve, it seems no matter what they do they just cant put it togther. Unless the 17 players turn their form around.

Full credit to Timanu Tahu and Zeb Taia, they played well today.

No saying that - what Im saying is .. when was the last time Matt Peterson ran 50 metres to score a try ? or stepped around someone to score ? or did a play whereby he beat an opponent where you could stand back and say ... well he deserves his place in the team.

We have young kids in PL (I know they are young but FFS its a young mans game!!) who can beat a man one on one who do have that little extra speed. He is NOT the best winger we have.

nöyd

Staff member
parralight said:
No saying that - what Im saying is .. when was the last time Matt Peterson ran 50 metres to score a try ? or stepped around someone to score ? or did a play whereby he beat an opponent where you could stand back and say ... well he deserves his place in the team.

We have young kids in PL (I know they are young but FFS its a young mans game!!) who can beat a man one on one who do have that little extra speed. He is NOT the best winger we have.

Exactly.

Sean7

Juniors
nöyd said:
I am not saying he was the worst player, far from it. Petersen has the best intentions and is a great club man, but maybe his best just isn't up to NRL standard.

Harsh I know, but possibly the truth.

I agree.

I don't think anybody has ever questioned Peterson's effort, but effort only gets you so far. I don't think Peterson has any football skills, just determination. I'd try really hard too, but I wouldn't put myself in the team. I'd get onto these forums and bag the s#$t out of myself to be honest.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Burt played well in PL, I think he missed him cause of his goal kicking, I reckon he wouldve kicked at least 2 of those goals from the sideline. (even though it wouldntve made much difference)

jason taylor

Bench
parra-all-the-way said:
i thought tsoulous played well, but tahu and mckinnon were far and away our best players and taia should have a spot in 1st grade next week...

Tahu was good. Did you see the second eel try. Tahu grubber

Maroubra Eel

Coach
I thought we played terrific today. A really good all round performance.

All 17 can hold their heads high. A great game by Parra. Well done Eels.

the_eel

Juniors
yeh peterson tries his butt off but he is very low on natural abaility. we need to get a young bloke onto his wing. Tahu and mcKinnon were awesome and i was very very impressed with taia (other than couple of silly penalties)