What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your thoughts on our loss

PB

Bench
ParraDude_Jay said:
Brian Smith is coach, Burt is ALWAYS the answer

You saw Premier League today?

By the way, before you start moaning next tuesday, just thought you should be aware that Wagon played reserve grade today (the almight Mateo did not) and he (Wagon) also looked good. So he will be back in first grade if not for the next game, the one after i suspect..

Sean7

Juniors
parralight said:
NO BURT IS NOT THE ANSWER : #-o #-o #-o

Our next game will be Burt's 237th first grade recall and you can trust me, it'll work this time. How can it not.

:thumb

Delboy

First Grade
All 3 grades played poorly tday, and to be honest PL & JF were somewhat lucky to win. Burt was ordinary and shown up by the other threequarters.
First grade was shocking, Taia and Tsoulos were the only forwards to show anything, Hindy is a shadow of a couple of years ago, Cayless and Stringer were awful, Vella slightly better, but not by much. Coaching is part of the problem, Knights Panthers and Cowboys dont run straight at the defence, they run angles and try to step, Taia did that a few times today and showed what can be done .
Its easy to be critical, but we were embarrassing , Perenara is a step too slow for first grade, and our 6 & 7 were shown up big time.
Whilst all is not lost for the season, until the forwards try and bend the line and give our 7 and 9 room we will be stuffed.Brian has kept his favourites for a season too long, we need better angles and runners up front, a 6 that can play in attack and ffs Wade , look at your support because it eflt like you bombed 3 tries.
Peterson is better than Burt , but both are below first grade level as a threat.Too early to panic ( I hope) but changes will need to made if we get one more performance approaching this disaster, and yes the coach and the fitness gurus need to find a mirror and take a long hard look, as well as the majority of the players.
Oh well, we get 2 points next week

nöyd

Staff member
parralight said:
NO BURT IS NOT THE ANSWER : #-o #-o #-o

Are you saying that Burt is NOT the answer?

or

NO Burt is NOT the answer which means that Burt shouldn't have been dropped...

:lol:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Jarrod Hayne maybe, but what difference will it make putting a winger in the team. Some of these players need to have a look at themselves and say "Im down on form I need to lift my game". Stringer, Cayless, Morris, Tim Smith, Vella.

Ive also gotta say Paul Stringer has been disappointing so far this year, he hasnt been doing much and has been missing tackles. There was one time he doing out wide today, c'mon he's a prop forward.

Anyone know what happened to O'Dwyer??

nöyd

Staff member
Sean7 said:
Our next game will be Burt's 237th first grade recall and you can trust me, it'll work this time. How can it not.

:thumb

and this is the 237th thread to be turned into an unofficial Luke Burt bashing :roll:

Eelementary

Post Whore
* First try was appalling.

* The try that Petersen gifted the Panthers was appalling. It was lewis up against Morris AND Petersen. He wasn't going into touch and yet he STILL offloaded.

FFS.

Sean7

Juniors
nöyd said:
and this is the 237th thread to be turned into an unofficial Luke Burt bashing :roll:

Actually, it's Brian Smith bashing, not Burt bashing. Though there's no doubt 237 (give or take) unofficial Smith bashing threads too.

Out of curiosity, where are the official ones?

nöyd

Staff member
Sean7 said:
Out of curiosity, where are the official ones?

Use the search function, they are there if you are willing to look hard enough

parralight

Juniors
nöyd said:
Are you saying that Burt is NOT the answer?

or

NO Burt is NOT the answer which means that Burt shouldn't have been dropped...

STOP IT :) :) Your confusing me and in my current state its not good for me.

1. Mc Kinnon
2. Hayne
3. Inu
4. Tahu
5. Grothe

Now thats a fast and skilful backline.....

Parra Guru

Coach
Burt may not be tha answer but he is 10 times better than Petersen.

Sorry, I don't usually like to jump into a player bash but but Petersen is the biggest let down in our squad. He tries to make everything look flashy instead of using his brain. When the Panthers were attacking and he caught it, why did he try to offload??? He didn't need to, he was nowhere near the sideline. Just another Petersen Brain Fart, which IMO was the turning point in the game, then the rest just self destructed.

On a positive note, both Zeb and Marcus played well. The commentators were impressed with Zeb's efforts!

Panthers were gutsy without Gower, and their positive attitude made the difference in the end.

We shouldn't have lost.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Parra Guru said:
Burt may not be tha answer but he is 10 times better than Petersen.

Sorry, I don't usually like to jump into a player bash but but Petersen is the biggest let down in our squad. He tries to make everything look flashy instead of using his brain. When the Panthers were attacking and he caught it, why did he try to offload??? He didn't need to, he was nowhere near the sideline. Just another Petersen Brain Fart, which IMO was the turning point in the game, then the rest just self destructed.

On a positive note, both Zeb and Marcus played well. The commentators were impressed with Zeb's efforts!

Panthers were gutsy without Gower, and their positive attitude made the difference in the end.

We shouldn't have lost.

:clap:

Bingo. And yet, for the THIRD CONSECUTIVE week, we did.

parralight

Juniors
And to add to the gloom .. if you saw the Parra v Warriors game if the warriors werent so crap we really did our best to lose that too but by some freak of nature we won it !

Sean7

Juniors
parralight said:
And to add to the gloom .. if you saw the Parra v Warriors game if the warriors werent so crap we really did our best to lose that too but by some freak of nature we won it !

Luckily the Warriors were suicidal in that one.

Eelementary

Post Whore
I don't know what the issue is, but there's clearly SOMETHING.

We were 12-nil behind, but clawed our way back to be 18-14 ahead. All good so far.

Gower goes down injured, and instead of capitalising, we crumble.

Seems to me like a mental conditioning issue...

parra pete

Referee
parralight said:
1. No one can tell me that Matt Peterson is the best right winger we have at the club.

2. Tahu was great so was Taia.

We need LEADERSHIP.

Its time Brian bought some of the young fellas into the first grade. Surely we cant go worse than we already are...
Blokes like Cordoba and Jak and Taia are the future, they are enthusiastic and fit.

We need to drop the slow old forwards like Cayless, Stringer and Vella.

I see that Delaney is injured... I suppose that Brian will probably be calling Joe Bartolo for another game!!

We have a world class young backs like Kris Inu and Jarrod Hayne surely they can get a run now ????

parra pete

Referee
PARRA_FAN said:
Gee I know he didnt do anything, but some of you are going on about Petersen as if he was the worst player. I dont think he was, but he didnt really do much. I thought there were other players who did worse.

I agree, it was close call between 15 players who was worst.
Tahu and Taia had a dip at least.

If Tim Smith is the answer, I hate to think what is the question. He is fairly ordinary if you ask me. Bit one dimensional and I think he believes his own Press. Very disappointed in him this season. I think he is close to shaking hands with Matt Cameron.

Stagger eel

Staff member
parra pete said:
PARRA_FAN said:
Gee I know he didnt do anything, but some of you are going on about Petersen as if he was the worst player. I dont think he was, but he didnt really do much. I thought there were other players who did worse.

I agree, it was close call between 15 players who was worst.
Tahu and Taia had a dip at least.

If Tim Smith is the answer, I hate to think what is the question. He is fairly ordinary if you ask me. Bit one dimensional and I think he believes his own Press. Very disappointed in him this season. I think he is close to shaking hands with Matt Cameron.

by shaking hands with PL coach you need a ready made replacement that could step up and lead a firstgrade team round the park.

your suggestion is??

parra pete

Referee
That's the problem! There isn't anyone. Maybe John Morris perhaps...I don't think Tim Smith is pulling his weight..Could consider PJ Marsh when he returns from injury whenever that is going to be.

Latest posts