What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tip on who will have a great season from your club

macavity

Referee
Raider_69 said:
i think Jarod Mullen might struggle for the knights

after watching him absolutely dominate in both trials, a few classes above anyone else on the park, im predicting a massive year for mullo.

I think Carney will struggle with all the expectation of carrying Canbraaa. ;-)

westie

Bench
Marshall looked very slick from what I saw in the Roosters trial.

J.Clinton to make WC team.

Stagger eel

Staff member
I'll go for a couple of roughies from my mob.

Mark Riddell: fitter and leaner then he's ever been.

Todd Lowrie: may finally realise his full potential

Feleti Mateo: will benefit greatly from Joey Johns.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
I think our stand out player will be Luke Burt. He should of been Eels player of the year last year and this year if he stays injury free, he will be Eels player of the year this year.

At other clubs, I think Sonny Bill Williams will get even better. Criag Wing will start well, but I can see him running out of ideas at half later in the year. Ryan Hoffman I think will shine in especially with lower interchange. Justin Hodges will be the best center in the world by a country mile.

Magpie Nick

Juniors
Liam Fulton will wear more than Wests' 13 on one condition. He is given the ball with some runners off him. If anyone watched him in the lower grades then they'd know the way he's been used in First Grade so far is borderline criminal. The bloke has so much ball playing ability it's not funny yet he's been used as a tackling machine and a battering ram. On the odd occasion he has been thrown the ball and decided to do something with it he's got blokes looking at him like a stunned mullet. Collis showed little glimpses of running off him last year but Fulton didn't get enough opportunities to take the line on. Lawrence's willingness to run straight lines is also promising for Fulton.

As has been said, Marshall looked very good in the Roosters trial. He was out there playing football instead of proctecting himself. It seems to me he's had enough of stuffing around and is deciding to make the most of what he's got.

Everyone has been ripping into Galloway about starting to run like a mean bastard. He's done it at training since he's been here and it seems like everyone else is fed up of him not doing it in games. He certainly ran a lot harder in the Roosters trial and looked to push through the line and not just stop there.

For Manly :

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson
Steve Matai
Steven Bell
Michael Bani
Jamie Lyon
Matt Orford
Brent Kite
Matt Ballin
Jason King
Anthony Watmough
Glenn Stewart
Luke Williamson

Heath L'Estrange
Steve Menzies
Josh Perry
Adam Cuthbertson

:cool:

Shorty

Staff member
David Faumu will continue to improve and become a pretty dangerous force.
Ben Farrar to come along nicely.

Matty had a great year last year,it's hard to top it but I think he'll keep the same intensity.

Disco

Bench
For Manly

I think Afamasaga will have a big year, the guy is talented and hasnt had a decent off-season in a while, this year he has so he should be primed to go

i also think Bani will have a blinder of a year and agree that Lyon will improve

yobbo84

Coach
Most obvious one for mine is that Issac Luke will step up this year to be in the Top 3 hookers in the competition, alongside Farah and Smith. He is a superstar in the making.

I also think Yileen Gordon and Michael Greenfield are up for big years.

Later in the year, Sam Huihahau will cement a wing position. Once he gets some confidence in his knee his trademark fend and bullocking runs will be back. Think Eric Grothe Snr.

sydraider

First Grade
If Carney leaves it will all go to sh*t but I expect good years from Herbert and Campo.

Err, I'm thinking Pearce will make or break this year. I am hoping to finally see the explosion of our backs having a good year, but I think the main bloke would be Riley Brown. Hoping he has a killer.

mattyg

Bench
i'm expecting big ones from:

- Willie Tonga
- Reni Maitua
- Matt Utai
- Michael Sullivan
- Sonny Bill (but isn't everybody?)