What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tip on who will have a great season from your club

imasharkie

Coach
lockyno1 said:
Watch for Darius Boyd to have a ripper of a year as well

If he plays anything like last year he maybe having a ripper of a year in the lower grades.

Fair dinkum you would be the only person that rates Boyd. You must be related, thats all I can say.

bunny hop

Juniors
I wasn't sure about the form of the dragons but after watching the charity shield i think gaz & jamie soward are going to have a great year.The game was played with two totally different teams ,dragons having a great backline & souths having a decent forword pack,but gaz and soward were standouts in a pretty competetive game.I think Luke,Paea & greenfield are going to have a great year, with Asotasi,Kidwell,Merrit & Sutton to do their usual heavy load of work

effnic

Bench
I think Soward is very underrated in the speed department aswell, he as some pace on him.

Raider_69

Post Whore
effnic said:
I would dead set pay more for Soward than Carney, much better player imo.

Sowards about as effective in defence as a wet lettuce leaf. Both arnt close to being consistant performers at NRL level yet, but at their best Carney's over all game is better

Monk

Referee
For the Chooks:
Lopini Paea, SKD, Mini, Fitzy & pearce ( herd that pearce went awsum in trials and got MOM against the tigers)
also later in the year Brent Grose, look out for him..

For the Others
- Travis Burns for the Cowboys, with JT with him they could lead the cowboys 2 be serious contenders.
- Matt Head for the Tigers hopefully replace prince and help the tigs lose the ideas that benji can play 7...
- Dean Young for the Dragons, one of their better players, will kill this year
- Mullen for the knights awsum player...

blain

Juniors
ropati if he is not injured. he can carve up any side outwide when free of injury.

pj marsh i think could have a massive season.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
_Johnsy said:
I'd be interested to see which ones you would put in that category.

Im not going to rubbish anyones predictions when there is nothing to say that they are wrong.

But alot of predictions on here that I think are hopefuls, seem to be players that clubs need to have a good year because their club is lacking in that position.

Or they are players that have shown no real sign of improvment.

I rate Soward very highly. He should of been Roosters half back in 06 but instead they resigned Finch for one more year. Then they choose Mitchel Pearce infront of Soward and Wing for halfback.

1 Eyed TEZZA

Coach
Monk said:
For the Chooks:
Lopini Paea, SKD, Mini, Fitzy & pearce ( herd that pearce went awsum in trials and got MOM against the tigers)
also later in the year Brent Grose, look out for him...

Mitchel Pearce was almost non existant in the trial against us and Brent Grose was terrorised by Jarryd Hayne allllllll night.

effnic

Bench
Raider_69 said:
Sowards about as effective in defence as a wet lettuce leaf. Both arnt close to being consistant performers at NRL level yet, but at their best Carney's over all game is better
Yes in your opinion.

D

Deleted member 10972

Brent Grose is useless.

Mitchell Pearce is going to be great, but it is a real shame we lost Soward. He is one player i rated VERY highly, but Ricky treated him like garbage, & Anderson put the nail in the coffin.

simmo1

First Grade
Chris Lawrence will really tear it up. City-Country at least, Origin if NSW hit injury troubles.

parra pete

Referee
simmo1 said:
Chris Lawrence will really tear it up. City-Country at least, Origin if NSW hit injury troubles.

Chris apparently told the Origin selectors he is available if they are short..
They told him they wouldn't be THAT short....

parra pete said:
Do you mean ....Pearce off??

tumbleweed.jpg