What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your tip on who will have a great season from your club

caylo

Bench
FUIFUI_MOIMOI said:
Tim Smith

I think one of the two keatings will be a big star, along with T.Williams who should make his debu IMO

Our best player IMO will be Timmy on the back of the two Nathans and Fui at their peek.

Most improved will be Burt, will be regarded as one of the best players who will never play reps, and Riddell in for a big one too.

Most dissapointing... i don't know Wagon? may struggle to break the full-time squad once Williams, Hauraki come through. Benny if he plays in the backrow IMO

Raider_69

Post Whore
macavity said:
If we get the halves right we can win the series.

what that means, well thats a whole other thread, but I want to see 6. Mullen 7. Carney

id reverse them simple because i think mullens a better #7 and todd's a better #6
but thats the future of the blues halves imo, but i dont think that matters too much... i say blood them this year... even if we lose this series, those two will lead the era of blues domination IMHO. Who plays where is really irrelevent, both will be good enough to play either... im not sure mullen will be up to it this year (nor carney for that matter) but i say go with it anyways.

Eelementary

Post Whore
aqua_duck said:
I'm sorry to tell yiou his full potential is still pretty limited

He's not a bad player. He's no "next Ben Kennedy", as he's been labelled. But he goes alright.

Eelementary

Post Whore
As for Parra:

Mateo - starting the year at 5/8 and eventually movin to lock as a ball-playing lock, he'll love it

Inu - he'll prove just why we were not too fussed to see Tahu leave

Kris Keating - most talented 5/8 at the club imo

effnic

Bench
mattyg said:
i'm expecting big ones from:

- Willie Tonga
- Reni Maitua
- Matt Utai
- Michael Sullivan
- Sonny Bill (but isn't everybody?)

:p Not everybody mate.

Dragon_psa

First Grade
I've got a feeling that Ryles is primed to have his best ever season IMHO.

From the others:

Creagh to carry on where he left off. He'll play origin this year I reckon.
Young to make a hell of a comeback and also crack the Blues squad.
Reynoldson to prove an inspiration to the young players and provide some starch to our pack.
Nightingale and Rangi Chase to make the Kiwis WC squad.

Munky

Coach
For Penrith to even compete we need Sammut to fire.

Everytime he got the ball in a promising position in the lower grades something would happen.

gong_eagle

First Grade
Dragon_psa said:
I've got a feeling that Ryles is primed to have his best ever season IMHO.

Haven't really heard much on Ryles have we , if you are right he may get his Origin jumper back

nqboy

First Grade
Carl Webb's last six weeks before injury late last year were brilliant, the raw power and brute force that few can muster or counter. He's playing for his next contract this year, so, injuries permitting, I'm expecting a big one from him.

Iafeta

Referee
Manu Vatuvei and Jerome Ropati.

Vatuvei's started well in the trials from what I hear, and I think Ropati is a natural centre, he had an outstanding end to the year and I think this will continue.

JB

Juniors
Simon Mannering.

Playing 2nd row this year. Great work ethic. Good speed (for a forward), strong, tailor made to suit the new interchange rules. If he can develop an offload he'll be very valuble.

i reckon anasta is going to stand up and be counted this season, wasn't fit in his first and struggled, but credit to him for not wanting to let his new team down. he had a good solid year last year despite what the anti anasta brigade say so i reckon this year he will be hitting his straps

the player i'm looking forward to watching the most is lopini paea. this is going to be his year. he is going to stand up and be the backbone of our forward pack and i think his bumper season will carry on into the world cup

also think minichiello will have a great season with plenty to prove after injury problems

i still think pearce is a year away

_Johnsy

Referee
1 Eyed TEZZA said:
I think that alot of tips on here a more "hopeful" then actual predictions.

I'd be interested to see which ones you would put in that category.

Latest posts