What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your top 5 overrated players of all time?

bedlam breakout

Juniors
did any one here see Mitchell Pearce turn out but not turn up for Catalans v St Helens at the weekend and get totally shafted by some Saints young guns
have the dogs signed Addo Carr as a try scorer or a cheerleader?
Aaron Woods is stealing a living
Blake Austin and Aiden Sezer are proving to be Leeds Rhinos worst signings from down under for some considerable time - thats 5 innit?

johns_reds

First Grade
Daly Cherry-Evans is talked about in levels of Thurston and Cronk but plays more like Brooks or Mitchell Pearce.
Without great players around him like Stewart and Turbo he would have been nothing.

Daly Cherry-Evans is talked about in levels of Thurston and Cronk but plays more like Brooks or Mitchell Pearce.
Without great players around him like Stewart and Turbo he would have been nothing.

2013 was the last time, in my opinion, DCE played at a consistently high level. Since then he's been very hit and miss, not poor per se but goes from a very good game one week to a very quiet one the next.

Hammer Time

Juniors
2013 was the last time, in my opinion, DCE played at a consistently high level. Since then he's been very hit and miss, not poor per se but goes from a very good game one week to a very quiet one the next.

Manly had more successful approaches to managing their salary cap back then :)

Chippy73

Bench
Who talks about DCE being at Thurston/Cronk levels??...i.e. no Manly fan I know of does and never seen a RL media identity say something like that.

soc123_au

Staff member
Who talks about DCE being at Thurston/Cronk levels??...i.e. no Manly fan I know of does and never seen a RL media identity say something like that.
Mal apparently has him ahead in the race for the Kangaroos 7 jersey at the end of the year.

aqua_duck

Coach
This guy was half decent about 4 years ago but is barely a 1st grader now yet not one pundit/commentator calls it for what it is-Josh Jackson

Valheru

Coach
Mal apparently has him ahead in the race for the Kangaroos 7 jersey at the end of the year.

I don't think DCE is overrated at all, he is a very very good player IMO who is unfairly criticised at times. I reckon Manly have a better chance with him than Turbo if only one were to play.

Having said that Cleary is better and should be the Kangaroos 7 although I'm not sure if you swapped their clubs that the results would be much different.

soc123_au

Staff member
I don't think DCE is overrated at all, he is a very very good player IMO who is unfairly criticised at times. I reckon Manly have a better chance with him than Turbo if only one were to play.

Having said that Cleary is better and should be the Kangaroos 7 although I'm not sure if you swapped their clubs that the results would be much different.
I think DCE is a great player and probably underrated for most of his career. I just thought it was dumb of Mal to all but declare him a lock for the 7 at the world cup.

Fangs

Coach
Munster, Cleary and Cherry-Evans would all be in the 17 for the test side if picked today.

One would ride the pine. Probably Cleary but he really has won the 7 at this point in time.

SBD82

Coach
Munster, Cleary and Cherry-Evans would all be in the 17 for the test side if picked today.

One would ride the pine. Probably Cleary but he really has won the 7 at this point in time.
I’d have Cleary in the team right now, but it’s very early to be talking about the WC side.

Plenty could happen between now and then. Given last year, Cleary may need his shoulder cleaned out in the offseason.

Latest posts