What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You're Ossie...

Glenn

First Grade
Back to the OP $200k take it or leave it, Mateo has done nothing to suggest he is worth more IMHO (no on his own their)

Fathead

Bench
In other words, he wouldn't have had the opportunity to win the Dally M's

JT put him in the team when Smithy left. Hagan kept him in the team and last year during the first year of andos coaching - Hayne won the Dally M.
Theres a little bit of water between him starting and winning the Dally M !!!

COACH STERLING

Juniors
JT put him in the team when Smithy left. Hagan kept him in the team and last year during the first year of andos coaching - Hayne won the Dally M.
Theres a little bit of water between him starting and winning the Dally M !!!
Hagan and JT both had an idea that Hayne was a freak. Smith is still stuck in the 80's looking for that Mick Potter type fullback.
Smith is a talent killer. Obviously he would have made 1st grade under Smith but not atleast until mid last year meaning he wouldn't have played atleast 4 SOO and won the Dally M's and led Parra to a GF. Agree?

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Didn't watch the game tonight but by the sounds Mateo needs a massive rocket, he has seemed unhappy since Hayne has taken control of the team. Suck it up son or find somewhere else to play, but to be fair to him our support play this season has been non existent.

Stagger eel

Staff member
And you're sitting at the negotiating table with Feleti Mateo opposite you, he has an offer on the table from Warriors for 350K and an offer from the dogs for about 325K...

what do we offer???

I would say 200K for 2 years take it or leave it.

*waits for grapeape to post 550K*

ok..some of you may of missed the point completely, with this thread, it was not designed to bag or blame him for the teams effort but this guy is currently off contract and is rumoured to be commanding big money from other clubs, so the topic is quite simple, how much would you offer him to stay at the club...

Stagger eel

Staff member

Were you guys watching Mateo in 07,08 and the back half of 09?

Luca, I don't particularly give a sh*t what he's done in those years, I want to know what he's worth now and to us in the future...would you match the Warriars dollar for dollar...because I sure as hell wouldn't.

Avenger

Immortal
Luca, I don't particularly give a sh*t what he's done in those years, I want to know what he's worth now and to us in the future...would you match the Warriars dollar for dollar...because I sure as hell wouldn't.

You know what stags, maybe he just didn't fit with our team anymore. He did when he was the man but now he isn't. We can see now why Lowrie started last year. Maybe we should just go after O'Donnell.

Hellsy

Immortal
I was freakin angry sitting in that rain watching that sh*t served up.. but now I am more like 'back to the training field to get ready for next week boys' and I'm over it.

As for Feleti, I'd tell him that he looses $10,000 everytime he throws a 4ward pass or drops the ball (not a strip) over the next 20 weeks and see how he goes then.....

Stagger eel

Staff member
I was freakin angry sitting in that rain watching that sh*t served up.. but now I am more like 'back to the training field to get ready for next week boys' and I'm over it.

As for Feleti, I'd tell him that he looses $10,000 everytime he throws a 4ward pass or drops the ball (not a strip) over the next 20 weeks and see how he goes then.....

you had every right to be pissed, godbless you and every other eel supporter that had to endure that crap at that sh*thole of a place..

You should get your ticket refunded.

I was on a hot date tonight so could not watch the game, glad I missed it.

Hellsy

Immortal
We left after the 2nd try, it was f**king pissing down rain like you would not believe.

Didn't pay for the tickets, but I reckon they almost owe the NRL passes money :lol:

cv8z

Juniors
ok..some of you may of missed the point completely, with this thread, it was not designed to bag or blame him for the teams effort but this guy is currently off contract and is rumoured to be commanding big money from other clubs, so the topic is quite simple, how much would you offer him to stay at the club...
250k, 150k if what was dished out tonight is what we are pricing him on

hineyrulz

Post Whore
it could of been Jakes worst nightmare and it still would of been a better spectical than what we had put up with..
Blind Date???

UglyDate.jpg