What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Youtube remove NRL videos

video_ref

Juniors
I got an email from Youtube this evening, stating that my Matt Sing Tribute video had been deleted due to a complaint by the NRL. I've just had a quick look around, and all the other NRL videos I've seen have been removed as well. All that appears is this message:

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner National Rugby League Partnership because its content was used without permission

I think this is a real shame. I don't see how these video clips could possibly be fininacially damaging the NRL. If anything they were probably promoting the game to people who had never heard of League.

Very disappointing.

greenhat

Juniors
yea that is incredibly stupid on the NRL's part

and it just sux, there were a lot of great moments and tribute compilations and stuff on there

video_ref

Juniors
yeah no doubt the NRL's lawyers would target any website that hosts these videos.

All they have to do is write a strongly worded letter, and the website will remove the videos. The website really has no choice, unless they want to risk a law suit.

It wouldn't really be that big of an issue if the NRL Video Gallery had sufficient content. But they've decided to take down everything older than 2 years. How the hell are we supposed to see any footage from before the 2005 season?

Pierced Soul

First Grade
good on ya NRL, way to kill off promotion of the game!!!

it doesnt hurt the clubs, doesnt hurt the players (unless they're doing something dirty i.e. danny williams -and deserve to be shown up anyway) and can only be positive for the game but lets block that...like they did with the radio rights...

[furrycat]

Coach
You're joking aren't you?!?

Honestly... Why not let people promote the game on websites? They aren't losing any money because of videos being posted up!

For f**k sake!

axl rose

Bench
The NHL and a few other sports have agreed to let videos be posted on YouTube becuse they are aware of what good promotion it is. Some fans put a fair bit of work into those tributes to players.

All videos should be removed and replaced with Thats My Team promos, that will really hook in some new fans :roll: how bloody stale can you get.

Oh well they just keep kicking fans in the guts. Lucky Rugby league fans are so loyal, although i question why sometimes.

Raider Azz

Bench
id suggest emailing the NRL to complain about it. if enough of us do, you'd think they'd realise what a moronic decision it was. it's not like they are offering any of these videos on their website.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Well then where the hell are we gonna see old replays if the NRL doesnt bother to put them on their website. At least the ESL clips, and the ones showing say Russia vs Estonia, or Holland Vs Germany, we want to see how our International game is growing. Also people overseas who dont know anything RL would want to know how good the likes of Sonny Bill, Greg Inglis, Benji Marshall and Andrew Johns are.

video_ref

Juniors
Raider Azz said:
id suggest emailing the NRL to complain about it.

Nice idea. I just sent a complaint to the NRL. I doubt they'll listen, but its worth a shot.

I just used the NRL site's contact page: http://nrl.com/ContactUs/tabid/62/Default.aspx

axl rose said:
Some fans put a fair bit of work into those tributes to players.

Absolutely. I only did one tribute video, but the time spent collecting clips + editing, must have been around 30 hours.

Noa

First Grade
One of the most short-sighted and ridiculous decisions ever by the NRL. Again highlights the lack of people with :sarcasm: "vision" :sarcasm: in the offices of the NRL.

Latest posts