What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yow Yeh's Ankle

StormHi

Juniors
For once you made a useful post.

Usain you farkwit, at best you had some hairline fracture or just your typical break. And that's if you're not just completely making it up. You did not have a compound fracture.

The outside of Yow Yehs foot touched his leg a quarter of the way up his shin. Muscles, veins, nerves all possibly seriously damaged. He now faces complications like possible infections. He is no certainty to ever play again. Usain, you did not suffer what he suffered.

Am I dreaming or did Bunniesman actually post a response that diddnt make him look like a grade A moron?? Or without a sing along to the former glories of Souff$??

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hope he recovers..LUCKILY we have Dane Gagai to come in but jeez this is a hug blow for Brisbane and QLD...would say that Tate would be the favourite for the QLD wing spot or Tonga I guess.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Am I dreaming or did Bunniesman actually post a response that diddnt make him look like a grade A moron?? Or without a sing along to the former glories of Souff$??
Sometimes my crazy pills start to wear off and I have a disturbing moment of temporary intelligence/sanity/common sense. It scares me and is very uncomfortable.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Was sat on the other sid eof the field so couldn't tell what had happened but realised it was bad. Waiting for Ch9 game to be shown here (fricking 11.30pm!) to watch what happened.

WireMan

Bench
Plenty of examples of this type of injury happening in football, Larson, Valencia, Ramsey etc. and they are came back just as good as before so no need to right this guy of just yet.

Hope it works out alright for him.

The worst i saw was a guy called busst (sp?) playing for Coventry vs United. That was a nasty one.

Hoggy

Bench
Fair to say the physical impact on his body will be right up there with the mental anguish that he will suffer through re-hab and his early training sessions and return games.

Nathan Brown (AFL) was never the same after his double leg break.

user_nat

Coach
When he does come back it will be interesting to see how it effects his confidence in contesting kicks the way he does.
Pretty big part of his game.

the kirwan kid

Juniors
Are you f**king stupid? A compound break means the bone pierced the skin. That means that he possibly has multiple breaks, his leg musculature is probably damaged and his connective tissue is probably messed up beyond belief.

Compound fractures also carry a very high risk of infection which can lead to some very miserable complications. This type of injury has caused people to lose their leg and has caused athletes to stop competing.

If it is truly a compound fracture (and the pictures say it is) then Yow Yeh has a long way to go before he can even walk unassisted again, let alone step on his foot or take a tackle. It's not just a "broken ankle".

My daughter's boyfriend had a car accident in January. On one leg he smashed his ankle/heel which has been plated ... The other leg was a compound fracture that required a rod through his lower leg (femur). It's been over 2 months and he's only been on crutches for the past 2 weeks. He's got a long haul ahead of him so there's no doubt jharal has 12 months of rehab ahead of him. Pretty bloody nasty!

The Red Afro

Juniors
Watching the slow motion replay of that during the game was sickening. I think their was a collective 'oh f**k' from anyone watching it.

I dont think he realised what had happened at first - he didnt seem to be writhing around as much as that Souffs bloke. I guess thats shock for you.

Poor bugger, not particularly a fan of Brisbane or QLD, but nobody deserves to have that happen to them, especially with him considering his natural ability. Here's hoping he's back next year and recovers well

Last edited:

Usain Bolt

Bench
FFS some of stupid merkins saying "i hope he walks again" are acting like he was in a car crash and his leg has multiple fractures, just shows how little many of you have seen of the real world and real trauma. Live a little in my shoes and you'd know what real trauma is all about.

Yow Yeh will be fine and will play again next year, probably not at his best till 2014 though because he will have to build up his confidence, so stop over analyzing things like you are all doctors

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Nobody is pretending to be a doctor.

People are just comparing the incident to similar breaks over the years, and many of those resulted in a very long recovery at best ( here's hoping for him) through to career ending, and in a few extreme cases, lifelong impairment or even amputation due to infection.

Get off your high horse you queen. It's not all about you, it's 'LEAGUE unlimited', not 'usain bolt fapfest unlimited'.

Best of luck to Yow Yeh. I hope to see him being tackled by Simon Dwyer in 2014.

Last edited:
FFS some of stupid merkins saying "i hope he walks again" are acting like he was in a car crash and his leg has multiple fractures, just shows how little many of you have seen of the real world and real trauma. Live a little in my shoes and you'd know what real trauma is all about.

Yow Yeh will be fine and will play again next year, probably not at his best till 2014 though because he will have to build up his confidence, so stop over analyzing things like you are all doctors

Nobody gives a f**k about your hardships you daft narcissistic merkin.

age.s

First Grade
f**k that's a nasty one. Like others I hate the ponies, but you never like to see that happen to someone. All the best Yow Yeh.

Usain Bolt

Bench
Funny thing is most of the merkins on here giving advice work in factories driving forklifts or are labourers lol

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Funny thing is most of the merkins on here giving advice work in factories driving forklifts or are labourers lol
clutching_at_straws.jpg

I like the bendy ones.:sarcasm:

If its his tibia that snapped he should be sweet. A few pins and antibiotics would see him make a decent recovery. If the break is more in his ankle, which it looks like, he would have ruptured all of his ligaments, he will probably have decreased range of motion for the rest if his life, could need an ankle fusion, it would be anyones guess as to the damage done and treatment required if its his ankle. Lets just hope its a nice clean break on his tibia.

Latest posts