What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yow Yeh's Ankle

Goddy

Juniors
Danny Cipriani in Union suffered a compound fracture/dislocation to his right ankle a few years ago, I'm not sure if it was as serious because I'm not a doctor (it looked exactly the same and his ankle was basically off and turned the other way. He was injured in May and was back for October.

DannyCipriani3.jpg

So if the injury is the same there is chance you can recover, lets hope for Yow Yeh's sake it's not as serious as we're all thinking and he can return to good health, if not his league career

In Yow Yeh's case I notice one of the players puts his head back and makes him lie down so he can't see his injury, who was that? He deserves a pat on the back for his good thinking.

That was Justin Hodges, the so called "grub".

Louiethefly

Juniors
well said. i remember Gasnier ruptured a pec in the Charity Shield one year.
Initial diagnoses had him sidelined for about 5 months, yet he was back playing
just inside 20 weeks. Who knows, Jharal may also heal quicker than expected.

I really really hope so. I hope Jharal is running around playing for Brisbane, QLD and Australia for years to come.

Justin Hodges is a grub. Pretty sure Yow Yeh and Hodges play for the same team mate, Hodges helping him doesn't stop him being a grub. It was smart thinking though, if only he treated opposition players with the same humanity eh

Louiethefly

Juniors

He did dive on Morris after he (broke?) his ankle in the Semi last year... Can't have it both ways mate, if anyone dived on Yow Yeh to make sure that he 'didn't score the try' or whatever there would have been a huge stink and I think Hodges (and rightfully so) would have been in the thick of it.

JW

Coach
Reminds me of Scott Prince getting his leg snapped while kicking when he played for the Broncs. Sickening injuries these. Hopefully he doesn't run into any complications during his recovery.

chigurh

I don't mind how long he is out for, as long as he makes it back.

Gagai will presumably get an extended run for us now which will be interesting.

StormHi

Juniors
Oh man My heart went into my boots after seeing that...... I said a quick Prayer for him Really hate seeing injuries of any kind happen to any player from any club. An that was FFing god awful I think he may be lucky to play again after that Severe Ankle Injuries have so many complications its not funny Be better long term if its his Lower Leg near the Ankle that Broke.

Poor Kid....

And I hate Hodges and he is a Grub but how he treated Yoh Yeh made me hate him a little less.

Poor Kid :(

Jordan

Juniors
Absolutely sickening incident... really hope he can make it back and make a good recovery. A long tough road ahead. I feel for the poor guy.

Card Shark

Immortal
well said. i remember Gasnier ruptured a pec in the Charity Shield one year.
Initial diagnoses had him sidelined for about 5 months, yet he was back playing
just inside 20 weeks..

20 weeks is about 5 months mate - no miracles there.

After seeing the photo of Yoh Yeh's foot, I think he will need a miracle to be the player he was again.

Pigskin

Juniors
terrible injury, hope it mends fast

funny posts from cockroaches in this thread calling for Ash Graham and Justin O'Neil for Origin ... don't worry ... Tatey and Tonga have never let us down and won't again ... no let up for blue scum

Oink !

StormHi

Juniors
Absolutely sickening incident... really hope he can make it back and make a good recovery. A long tough road ahead. I feel for the poor guy.

This +1 Really all that needs to be said Usain Pull your head in man why start an arguement in a thread that should have nothing but best wishes for the poor kid.....

And I agree with the guy who disagreed with you 8 weeks is Utter BS I have fractured both my ankles (Indoor Football,Soccer/ footsol can suck) And it wasnt anywhere near as bad as what Yoh Yeh had and I was out of commission both times for 4 months. Time Frame was a bit like 2 months waiting for the muscle and bone to knit then another 1-2 months of Physio and getting my damaged nerves some movement memory back then another half year or so getting my strength back in my legs.... So I call BS on your statment.

Well anyways I diddnt follow my own advise I suck :(

Sorry to the Bronc fans and to Yoh Yeh hope it is a fast recovery and not a season ending injury the Kids a Star and a rising Super Star.

Last edited:

Louiethefly

Juniors
20 weeks is about 5 months mate - no miracles there.

After seeing the photo of Yoh Yeh's foot, I think he will need a miracle to be the player he was again.

I'm sure Gypsy was just saying making the point that Yow Yeh could be back sooner than predicted, and I hope Gypsy is right.

wibble

Bench
Poor bloke. He was becoming one of the premier backs in Rugby League. I hope he can get back to that level.

He'll obviously need surgery immediately to clean the wound, and if he has no complications with surgery or infection, it will really depend on his soft tissue damage and where the break is as to his recovery. He might be back in light training in a couple of months. I really doubt he'll play NRL again within 6 months. Which means his season is probably over.

BunniesMan

Immortal
I think you have been doing way too much fast action rectal shoom shumming with a long broomstick no?:cool:
For once you made a useful post.

Usain you farkwit, at best you had some hairline fracture or just your typical break. And that's if you're not just completely making it up. You did not have a compound fracture.

The outside of Yow Yehs foot touched his leg a quarter of the way up his shin. Muscles, veins, nerves all possibly seriously damaged. He now faces complications like possible infections. He is no certainty to ever play again. Usain, you did not suffer what he suffered.

some11

Referee
I felt dizzy watching it, kudos to everyone around him realising how serious it was and trying to calm him.

Hopefully he can make it back next year :(

aargon

I'm weak at the ankles just looking at those photo's.

Forget about playing again, he'll be lucky if he can walk properly. Heart goes out to the guy.

Latest posts