What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Dragons4me

Juniors
This has Roosters written all over it. Normally I would say that Lomax won't go anywhere as no other clubs will stump up the 800K ??? for him. However, the Roosters will find a TPA and/or an after retirement gig. If anyone can make that happen, Uncle Nick can.

Guaranteed, and if you think this has just come out of the blue you're a goose. Been cooking for a while. I'm so over reading constant media reports of who wants out of the club. Go and f**k off!!

TheRev

First Grade
I certainly hope we are very confident about making 1-2 well above average signings, cause we just gave away one of the few players we had to leverage other clubs.. granted it was probably made difficult by hisinflated cap value.

I know we feel rosy after a win against a very ordinary manly side, but rewind a few days ago... what it feels like to be on the back of a few losses... im not sure what power we will have to make signings at all, free cap value or not.. I've got my faith in Flanno though.. hopefully there is a reason he's done it this way.. if I had only 1 criticism of him.. its that hes very optimistic that he will get players at market or barely over market value.. im not so sure.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
guys it is clear

the club statement said he is terminated 2025 and 2026 and no financial compensation on his rumored BS $800k pa salary

I mean lots of players walk away from supposed BS future 2025 and 2026 $800k pa contracts...... 6 months early dont they? with no new contract in place ???? are you kidding me !!!!

Imagine if Zac does an ACL this weekend................no 2025 and or 2026 with us. No registered 2025 2026 with another club probably for a couple weeks. No supposed $800k pa.................i mean every tom dick and harry would give up a $800k pa job wouldnt they? if they are in Rozelle at the funny farm maybe ?

Genius !

no registered contract with another club as Zac is only allowed to now enter contract negotiation since the agreement reached re terminating 2025 2026

I am dead set close to walking on the Fox set and saying "what player in the history of the game has given up 2 years at $800k pa contracted and just walked away?"

its either

A) unless Rugby is knocking and paying Zac a mill a year in 2025 onwards...............it is the worst media crock of shit ever

or

B) Zac is on much lower than $800k pa......much much lower and he knows it will be very easy to get to another NRL club for more given we have pre paid in 2024...............2025 and 2026 is much lower $.........and now he being a double dick for 2025 2026

Last edited:

SaintPeter

Juniors
I’m thinking there is a lot more going on with Zac than what we see on the footy field.
I don’t recall too many (any) Saints players (have only been watching them for sixty years) that have had that same negative body language and face that Zac has.
He was very unhappy last year and it showed.
I reckon the coach wants people in the team that are happy and committed to the cause.
Get the impression that Zac isn’t.

SAP58

Juniors
You would have to think the club is very confident/has already sewn up a deal for a good replacement or two. If they aren't confident in doing so/haven't done it yet, this is unbelievably dumb
Agree, in Flanno we trust ! I don’t believe he would make this decision without a plan/agreement already done with others. The same could probably be said about Lomax & his manager (if not he is an idiot). I am over hearing about it, the decision has been made let’s move on.

TruSaint

Referee
I’m thinking there is a lot more going on with Zac than what we see on the footy field.
I don’t recall too many (any) Saints players (have only been watching them for sixty years) that have had that same negative body language and face that Zac has.
He was very unhappy last year and it showed.
I reckon the coach wants people in the team that are happy and committed to the cause.
Get the impression that Zac isn’t.

That's right and that's why I glad is done NOW.

He can be the next immortal and it wouldn't change a thing, IF he wants out. Not fussed. Now sort out the other grumpy one and move on to a new era.

True_Believer

Juniors
I mean I think it's a pretty good move from the club. In reality, if someone wants Zac now before the end of the year, they need to pony up a player/players for a swap that the club are happy to move forward with. Alternatively, Zac can't go until the end of the year - can't even sign or talk to other clubs until the end of the year.

So in the event we continue to improve and play finals, it may make him think twice about his decision and he may want to stay. And then the club again is in the box seat given they've cancelled his contract for the final 2 years. If he wants to stay, we will more than likely offer a lower contract given these series of events. Again, we are playing hardball and putting the ball in his court.

I like that we are taking this stance. If he doesn't want to be here or he thinks he's better than the club, then let him go. I'm sick of players holding us to ransom, disruptive players or players coming for a free ride into retirement. It's about time we cleaned that shit up and brought in players that want to play for the club and put in - and not just because they are looking for a better deal elsewhere.

JamesRustle

First Grade
I hope we replace him with someone who has genuine pace.

I think it was the Cowboys game, they made a break down his side and Lomax and Bird were going backwards in the chase.

I like the kid and think he has great skills. He doesn't have pace and if he doesn't want to be here and play where the coach wants (and where he is going great guns), then good luck. This might be the reality check he needs to succeed... either he gets paid what he wants to play where (position) he wants for a team he's happy at, or he doesn't and we offer him a wingers contract.

JamesRustle

First Grade
The 800k rhetoric can now work in our favour. Do what the Roosters always do.... When they buy a player they say he comes in for unders..... When he leaves he frees up suddenly becomes more.
Who knows with the way a salary cap can be managed... Someone can be on $3m over 6 years and be paid $800k + this year. Same as someone can have a front loaded pay day if there is cap space - get $1m in year one and two, then $250k for the last 4 years... they wouldn't be positioned as a $250k player, but that might be what they are paid in their final year.

Auntie.Gerald

First Grade
If we are not top4 going for GF series in 2024 which i dont think we can ................even if biting above or below the top8

Then if Loamx has been pre paid in 2024 and is on $800k cause we had a lot of space in the cap and have to meet out minimum spend in the cap................Flano has cleared the lane successfully for 2025 and 2026 but has said if you want Zac pony up the other $400k or more of his remaining 2024 contract and he is yours

That is.................if we have our eyes on a player we think we can pull in for 2024 early and or pre pay a few other players in our top30

justadragon

Bench
We need to be bringing in this level of player....not releasing him
Not if he doesn't want to stay, then what do you do with him, you could go the Gordon Tallis way, and that does nothing for the club. With the mutual termination of 25/26, there is only one conclusion I have come with........you are playing the best football of your career, you are earning the same amount of money, you most likely will be considered for SOO, but most of all you are a f$#king idiot !!!

shiloh dc

Juniors
There is only one scenario that makes sense - the Dragons must have paid extra this year to rescind Zac contract for 2025/26. So instead of getting 800K this year Zac gets say 1M or more. We have to use cap space so it doesn't impact the Dragons. The benefit is surety of Cap usage next two years. Zac now only had to find a two year contract at 700K to be even but should he score a higher salary he could be better off by up to 300K - 500K over these 3 years. Plus he gets more money up-front.

A Win Win from the Win Win team and for Zac!

sammymills

Juniors
If
guys it is clear

the club statement said he is terminated 2025 and 2026 and no financial compensation on his rumored BS $800k pa salary

I mean lots of players walk away from supposed BS future 2025 and 2026 $800k pa contracts...... 6 months early dont they? with no new contract in place ???? are you kidding me !!!!

Imagine if Zac does an ACL this weekend................no 2025 and or 2026 with us. No registered 2025 2026 with another club probably for a couple weeks. No supposed $800k pa.................i mean every tom dick and harry would give up a $800k pa job wouldnt they? if they are in Rozelle at the funny farm maybe ?

Genius !

no registered contract with another club as Zac is only allowed to now enter contract negotiation since the agreement reached re terminating 2025 2026

I am dead set close to walking on the Fox set and saying "what player in the history of the game has given up 2 years at $800k pa contracted and just walked away?"

its either

A) unless Rugby is knocking and paying Zac a mill a year in 2025 onwards...............it is the worst media crock of shit ever

or

B) Zac is on much lower than $800k pa......much much lower and he knows it will be very easy to get to another NRL club for more given we have pre paid in 2024...............2025 and 2026 is much lower $.........and now he being a double dick for 2025 2026
If that’s the case and he’s double dipping he should be forced to backpay us

steerlerbab

Juniors
I don't think Zack will be kicking the bucket. If he wants 800k or higher per season, he has to work hard every game. He also has a chance to be in consideration for State of Origin this year and that will considerably push his asking price higher if he makes the team. An state of origin player like Crichton gets 825k. On the other hand, if he starts playing like he did the last few years, teams will know that he has an attitude problem and will come nowhere near him. Robinson and Arthur have been around long enough to notice who puts the effort week in week out.

56to66

Juniors
Give the goalkicking duties to Kyle now as well I say.
The way he Shanked the ball on the weekend, was a complete embarrassment, I agree give it to Kyle.
People make fun of soccer players for taking dives, but they do it for there their ( hey fwit gregstar which one is it they're?)clubs, but a soccer player will never compromise his ability to play at his best all times, however rugby league players will at certain times decide to play shit, just to send a message to the Coach or Board.
This guy could never lace the boots of a Gasnier or Coops.

Last edited: