What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zac Lomax

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Zac did OK and will only improve. Mary needs to stick with him. I would push Euan to the wing and Lomax at centre for 1 round. Rava to the bench.

Zac is only a kid and does not need the fans bagging him that is for sure. Losing Norman was a huge turning point. It was 18-18 and Saints were looking to bounce back only to suffer another big blow after losing Tyson. It was a touigh day in the office and when you have Latimore as a replacement you really are pushing $hite up hill as he will give you nothing much just provide some rest time for the starting forwards.

LINESPEED

Juniors
If I was Lomax, I'd ask for a release and go to Manly. At Manly under a good coach he would become a superstar.

Yeah Possm
Over the past 2 years I’d hoped for Zac & Reuben to eventually be our longterm centres

But in any case I’m
Pleased for Reuben

With us he had no chance once he got palmed by a Wigan player in his one and only chance with us WTF

Hope Saab gets better chances now that the Aitken spell has been broken & there might be further centre opportunities

Last edited:

LINESPEED

Juniors
Interesting comment from Mark Coyne on the footy show...stated he couldn't understand why lomax was taken off in the Warriors Game..unless he was injured...Which as far as we know he wasn't.

I reckon Waterboy gave Turnstile his 26 or so minutes to give him one last chance at Origin - since that’s been the duo’s longterm ambition

That’s how fuc*in deluded they both are

You could see Zac was seriously pissed off in the shed at halftime

As I keep saying - the root cause of the team’s problems stems from Aitken being in the 17

And Lafai, Jordy & Rav wouldn’t make another NRL backline IMHO

Last edited:

possm

Coach
Zac did OK and will only improve. Mary needs to stick with him. I would push Euan to the wing and Lomax at centre for 1 round. Rava to the bench.

Zac is only a kid and does not need the fans bagging him that is for sure. Losing Norman was a huge turning point. It was 18-18 and Saints were looking to bounce back only to suffer another big blow after losing Tyson. It was a touigh day in the office and when you have Latimore as a replacement you really are pushing $hite up hill as he will give you nothing much just provide some rest time for the starting forwards.

Slippery, Aitken is not suited to the wing position. No good under the high ball and no good at turning/chasing a kick over his head. Also not a great stepper, just a hard running player that is difficult to stop. For me he is suited to the backrow.

18to87

First Grade
Slippery, Aitken is not suited to the wing position. No good under the high ball and no good at turning/chasing a kick over his head. Also not a great stepper, just a hard running player that is difficult to stop. For me he is suited to the backrow.
Exactly and McIdiot hasn't given him that chance from the bench even though he is more naturally suited.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Starting to wonder if the "gifted" one is not that at all, I hope not and that I'm proven wrong, but the wheels seem to be falling off.

He hasn't impressed in the games he's started in.
Is it too much expectation?
Is it trying too hard?
Has his talent been coached out of him?
Is it the ghost sitting on the bench that's spooking him?

Whatever it is, he's an extremely frustrated and unhappy young man and it shows in his play and even on his face. He didn't even take the kicks for goal today. That was given to Field.

I would like to see him play fullback next week. Let him control the game from the back, which I think would suit him better and hopefully bring some confidence back to him.

He's definitely a talent, so I hope something can be done and soon to get him back on track.

j0nesy

Bench
Starting to wonder if the "gifted" one is not that at all, I hope not and that I'm proven wrong, but the wheels seem to be falling off.

Is it trying too hard?

Whatever it is, he's an extremely frustrated and unhappy young man and it shows in his play and even on his face. He didn't even take the kicks for goal today. That was given to Field.

I would like to see him play fullback next week. Let him control the game from the back, which I think would suit him better and hopefully bring some confidence back to him.

He's definitely a talent, so I hope something can be done and soon to get him back on track.

He’s young (19) and has a lot to learn. It would be unrealistic to expect him to be an immediate success in first grade week in week out. It will take a good season for him to start to iron out some of the low percentage options out of his game. Let’s hope Mary sticks with him. I’m gradually warming to the idea of Lomax at fullback.

possm

Coach
He’s young (19) and has a lot to learn. It would be unrealistic to expect him to be an immediate success in first grade week in week out. It will take a good season for him to start to iron out some of the low percentage options out of his game. Let’s hope Mary sticks with him. I’m gradually warming to the idea of Lomax at fullback.
Instructions from his coach would contribute to his nervous state of mind. He is a skilled footballer and Mary's answer is to strip away a variety of his skills and then if things don't go well hook him. Much the same as he did to Mann.

In my opinion the season is lost, we are not going to make the grand final. So let's prepare the team for 2020. Test some of our players in other positions in an effort to see if they succeed or if we want to hold onto them or not.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Instructions from his coach would contribute to his nervous state of mind. He is a skilled footballer and Mary's answer is to strip away a variety of his skills and then if things don't go well hook him. Much the same as he did to Mann.

In my opinion the season is lost, we are not going to make the grand final. So let's prepare the team for 2020. Test some of our players in other positions in an effort to see if they succeed or if we want to hold onto them or not.
I'm not willing to concede all is lost for 2019 just yet, I am close, but I believe this roster can compete with the big boys. its time they showed some respect for themselves and turn this mess around. This is when character matters.

Wittenberg

Juniors

He would also run in off his wing all game.

Wittenberg

Juniors
I'm not willing to concede all is lost for 2019 just yet, I am close, but I believe this roster can compete with the big boys. its time they showed some respect for themselves and turn this mess around. This is when character matters.

I agree with the sentiment but they looked a real rabble against Newcastle. They looked flat and I think throwing away both games after having a half time lead in the two weeks prior to the Newcastle game has drained ever bit of self belief and confidence out of them. It is times like these where a coach shows what he has got. I would love them to win this week but I will accept a loss if, and only if, they fight and try to hurt in tackles and to bend the Sharks' defence back. Pride in the jersey and an effort to show that last week will not happen again is what I want......and the attempt to smash Gallen every time he has the ball. Over to you Mary.

slippery5

Juniors

Is it trying too hard?

If Norman is rushed back in, expect Field to be the new FB.

Red V for life

Juniors
He has had an unhappy few weeks for sure and does look frustrated. I’d like to know how that sticky spray works. Can’t get the ball outta his hands to play the ball but can’t hold onto a bomb!

We are not doing him ANY favours by shuffling him around. He starts at centre and has been moved to bench, 5/8 and wing. It’s simply too much to ask of him I feel.

Also, I feel the senior players have by and large let our newbies down. No senior player has really stood up in the last 3 weeks or so.

Mary needs to be patient with him and do him a huge favour by letting him settle into A position. He won’t though...he just won’t.

SnowDragon

Juniors
The guy has class!

He showed it last year, and although he is off a bit atm, we have to develop this guy... remember 19

He said early in the season that FB is his preferred position. He has his hands on it! Take it, tear the game apart!

...and let’s give the youngsters some slack for at least some time. While team needs to take more heart and do better... but they can!

Carlton

Juniors
The guy has class!

He showed it last year, and although he is off a bit atm, we have to develop this guy... remember 19

He said early in the season that FB is his preferred position. He has his hands on it! Take it, tear the game apart!

...and let’s give the youngsters some slack for at least some time. While team needs to take more heart and do better... but they can!

If you are going to give a player a bit of slack to improve in first grade its a 19 year old that at times seems to be the real deal with a complete game. The question then is how long do you persevere, this year is not on track, this is the time to experiment. But come pre season for next year the experiment must be resolved one way or the other, we need a quality fullback.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Read an article about the roosters winger Matt Ikuvalu, basically said that Robinson has faith in him, he had a shocker in one or two of the games but Robinson said he trusted him and so did the players and he wouldnt be dropped because of those couple of shit games, he has gone from strength to strength because the coach has shown faith in him and is giving him a continious run of games, not getting moved around week to week or dropped...

boardlumps62

Juniors
Correct me if my judgement is wrong but did Pierce outpace Lomax to score a try. My take we need size, speed and skill at the back and in the back line. We have the forwards the halves which are hard to come by let's not blow it on mediocre backs.

Crush

Coach
Read an article about the roosters winger Matt Ikuvalu, basically said that Robinson has faith in him, he had a shocker in one or two of the games but Robinson said he trusted him and so did the players and he wouldnt be dropped because of those couple of shit games, he has gone from strength to strength because the coach has shown faith in him and is giving him a continious run of games, not getting moved around week to week or dropped...
So you think we should have persisted with Ravalawa?

Crush

Coach
Correct me if my judgement is wrong but did Pierce outpace Lomax to score a try. My take we need size, speed and skill at the back and in the back line. We have the forwards the halves which are hard to come by let's not blow it on mediocre backs.
Yeah how Pearce beat Lomax to that ball and scored was pathetic really. A day to forget for the whole team, they all stunk the place up.
I reckon they were on the Mudgee Shiraz all week.