What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zuess Cut Loose ?

Foz

Bench
At the end of the day if Goldy doesn't want to be here and the Sharks dont want him its best for both parties.
We will need to buy a centre though.
And he'll cost more than Goldy you'd think.

cheese

Bench
big call labelling anyone that doest think goldy is puff the magic sharkette a nuff reefy.

im not a hater ...im just not a lover

sorta reminds me of when we lost franze .....goldy offers slightly more than that hack due to his speed, but they're the same calibre of player imo.

Their auras are both similar in a way imo ....both 'myth' and 'if only' and potential based. If only goldy/franze would get more ball......if only he was better coached .....if only we played with more depth ...if only we utilised him better

Franze went to a team that has a better coach, plays with more depth, and has a set of halves that service both sides of the ruck aswell as anyone.

Yet he still looks like he looked when he was here. An average to mediocre 1st grader.

I know its apples and oranges ......but not every "potential" based 1st grader that leaves us goes on to bigger and better things just because they are set free from our system. I hope for his sake he does though. I dont wish unemployment on anyone.

anyway

The more worring thing is not the fact we're losing goldy ...its the fact we're not replacing him with anyone.

Its either a gamble that sludge is willing to take because he has someone in his sights, or one of the younger blokes has been earmarked. maybe aitken. plenty of 5/8's learnt their nrl trade in the centres.

Foz

Bench
I've been thinking Sludge's son might want out of Union.
Seems they prefer Latham to him over there and Matty gets to sit on the bench.
Bit of a waste.
I know he spins that World Cup rubbish but what use if he isnt a starter?
Stranger things have happened.

Macca

Coach
Good post Cheese. I totally agree.

I hope Bryson Goodwin is the guy to step up for us.

black_dot

Juniors
I was going to let the nuffy comment slide cheese, but well done.

Interesting comparison to Franze, another player that got a fair chance, but injury may have played more of a part there than it has for goldy.

MightySharks

Bench
I agree, Franze was going well until he did his knee then he bulked up and has never been the same. Maybe union ruined McGoldrick

White Poiner

Coach
maby a bad decision for the sharks. Many posters have already said this vagana is on his last year next season. And mellor is set to retire. I Have a feelin mellor has guranteed the sharks he is stayin next year if this goldy rumor is true.

PeacheyPower

Juniors
blacktip-reefy said:
So we know the club is begging Mellor to stay now & that is bad becasue as much as I like the big show, he just cant get there in defense any more.

Cowboys 56 - Sharks 14 no Mellor
Tigers 34 - Sharks 18 no Mellor
Sharks 16 - Roosters 10 Welcome back Paul

Macca

Coach
Probably because Bryson plays right centre and Beau play left. (Could be mistaken there.)

Bryson must be developed to take over from Nige in that case.

Interestingly, with the talk that Simmo may stay a winger, I wonder how soon Mitch Brown will be looked at also.

I'd love to see Goldy shine as a top centre option, but he's 24 years old, plenty of chances to shine but he hasn't done it. Class centres like Tahu, Tate and Tonga were representing at an earlier age. We need a class centre pairing, sadly Goldy will never be a class player in my view. I wish him luck developing as solid first grader at another club.

Funny that Covell, Dykes and Hutch have gone well under Raper's coaching? Perhaps Goldy can join Canberra with Lomu. Lomu looked the same old player last week playing for the Raiders as he did for the Sharks.

Frenzy.

Post Whore
McSharkie said:
Probably because Bryson plays right centre and Beau play left. (Could be mistaken there.)

Bryson must be developed to take over from Nige in that case.

Interestingly, with the talk that Simmo may stay a winger, I wonder how soon Mitch Brown will be looked at also.

More likely because of who is in the top 25 and who isn't.

Bryson Goodwin & Beau Scott can replace McGoldrick there is nothing that he offers that either of these players cannot provide, it would be tempting to give Goodwin a run in first before season end

Macca

Coach
Captain Jack Sparrow said:
More likely because of who is in the top 25 and who isn't.

Well if that's the case and Zues is definately leaving then Bryson should be elevated to the top 25.