What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Main looks really nice, good work sharkies.

Alternate looks to be a play on that old reebok/pre superleague era jersey which is no too bad.

Correct - the fans voted on it in 2014 and they wore it several times this year

Vic Mackey

Referee
Main looks great, rest not so much. Never understood why the Sharks try for so much black on their jerseys recently.

Timmah

Staff member
The times they tried using grey or white for their alternate jerseys were a complete disaster, IIRC

Last edited:

hellteam

First Grade
Not a fan of the new Sharks home. Seems like a pointless variation of the classic and ends up looking worse.

...but then again I'm a Broncos fan and we have the worst jerseys in the league.

beave

Coach
Cows instagram is showing a sneak peek of our new jerseys.

I think we have a whole new set, there seems to be a lot more grey which is making fap a little!!!!!

RedVDave

First Grade
Sorry Broncos fans but that away jersey is absolute vomit!

The Sharks ones looks really good except for the Nines Jersey (to be fair I think the majority of Nines jerseys generally look sh!thouse)

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade

I think we have a whole new set, there seems to be a lot more grey which is making fap a little!!!!!

Had their current jersey been Grey instead of White, it would have been great.

Had the V instead been flattened as well, it would have been perfect.

Timmah

Staff member

Yep, the club's whole statement this season for membership is BLUE+GREY so I think they're trying to phase out the yellow where they can.

Which is especially good given there are currently three blue+yellow teams.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yep, the club's whole statement this season for membership is BLUE+GREY so I think they're trying to phase out the yellow where they can.

Which is especially good given there are currently three blue+yellow teams.

This does assume that teams take any notice of their long term branding at all, which (judging by the history of most teams) seems a step too far for the NRL...

LESStar58

Referee
2016 Main Jersey
4D19F01D-A346-314A-CEDF0057C2B40C10MainJersey20163Dfront.jpg

2016 Members Jersey
DF5DC131-D252-653D-2820CD00CABA71DEMembersJersey2016.jpg

2016 Alternate Jersey
4D70EA4C-F0B2-683A-D85F4287DE40AFB2AltJersey20163Dfront.jpg

2016 Nines Jersey
4DA2E360-DF49-DA18-DBBA524E8FFDB996NinesJersey20163Dfront.jpg

Home jersey is solid. Alternate needs better Reebok style sponsor integration.

I don't know why they don't do league wide themed jerseys or at least shirts/singlets.

As much as I despise AFL, they do Superman and Star Wars t-shirts - same print but in different team colours / shirt fabric colours.

Surely the NRL could work a theme like the cool Cronulla Iron Man jersey for all 9's teams and in their colours and advertise around it: The Iron Men of RL blah blah blah...

And when an event comes along, the whole league gets involved and they split the cash 16 ways instead of clubs having to work it out on their own.

I don't know why they don't do league wide themed jerseys or at least shirts/singlets.

As much as I despise AFL, they do Superman and Star Wars t-shirts - same print but in different team colours / shirt fabric colours.

Surely the NRL could work a theme like the cool Cronulla Iron Man jersey for all 9's teams and in their colours and advertise around it: The Iron Men of RL blah blah blah...

And when an event comes along, the whole league gets involved and they split the cash 16 ways instead of clubs having to work it out on their own.

BBL is doing a Batman v Superman promo for the replay of last year's final. These are the jerseys.

ByKFIXgNt13C7QbgRiaZQPJfmWB4Pe5MiBFOR4fhpfZ5A7kpbpnqGEZ27xFKjmqVpjRBHSrC4PbwgWveQlsvLAfWThUi-B4=w511-h288-nc

LESStar58

Referee

So what you're saying is bring back the Looney Toons campaign of the mid 90s?