What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2016 Jerseys, Sponsorship, Logos Discussion

insert.pause

First Grade
Asked the Panthers about our lack of a Nines jersey and got back

Now I'm really confused - So who's decision was it? Did the NRL say "No, we want you to wear the Pink one even though every other team can have a dedicated one"

Or, was it more the Panthers saying "We couldn't be bothered, let the NRL pick then we can tell fans it was an NRL directive"?

It's the "in part" bit that's throwing me.

Gus doesn't like the Nines and said they barely sold any Nines jerseys last season.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Yeah I get they weren't big sellers and I'm not really that fussed (other than the fact we're wearing the Pink crap even more now) if we have a Nines jersey or not - But to be the ONLY club that doesn't have one, and then answer with vague responses like "in part an NRL directive" - Why not just say "We're not releasing a Nine's jersey this season because of lack of interest in last seasons" - Why beat around the bush?

Rhyno

First Grade
1. Eels
2. Warriors
3. Roosters
4. Titans
5. Souths
6. Knights
7. Dogs
8. Storm
9. Tigers
10. Manly
11. Sharks
12. Raiders
13. Cowboys
14. Broncos
15. Dragons
16. Panthers

Pommy

Coach
Can't believe there's people who seem to like the Knights jersey. It's f**king woeful lol

Last edited:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Now I'm really confused - So who's decision was it? Did the NRL say "No, we want you to wear the Pink one even though every other team can have a dedicated one"

My guess was that they didnt submit a design in time and the ARLC made the decision andsaid "use the pink. it will contrast everyone else".

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Tits 9s in the flesh...

1449541871796.jpg

redvscotty

First Grade
Cowboys, Eels, Roosters are the only ones that look any good.

Knights is woeful. Don't get the love for it at all.

JDSloane

Juniors
Like said above, Gus replied on Twitter that the 9s jerseys jus' didn't sell, & from what the clubs get back from it, wasn't worth it in the end to have yet another jersey design for fans to cough up more money they shouldn't have to. Also stated that seeing as they are playing 'away' (ie: in NZ), they went with the pink away jersey:sarcasm:

Have to admit that I'm rather impressed by Star Athletics' jersey designs this year so far. Already have the H&A jerseys on their way & think I'll be getting a 9s, Heritage & WIL version as well:clap:

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Like said above, Gus replied on Twitter that the 9s jerseys jus' didn't sell, & from what the clubs get back from it, wasn't worth it in the end to have yet another jersey design for fans to cough up more money they shouldn't have to. Also stated that seeing as they are playing 'away' (ie: in NZ), they went with the pink away jersey:sarcasm:

Thats pathetic...

If clubs dont respect 9s then it will die quickly. I know this is a small thing, but its such a pathetic reason.

If they dont want to release a new jersey to the public then restrict the sale to the 20 played in and donate the cash to a charity.
If they cant be bothered producing a new design, then just use one from a previous year.
I dont even mind that they are using the pink, but that was produced for the regular season and this is so obviously just an after thought.

Pathetic effort for Gus

beave

Coach
Maybe if Penrith had a decent 9's jersey they would actually sell a few? Pretty out there mindset I know but FMD, these idiots who do the merch make it out like its rocket surgery or something.

Cowbs would look better with the traditional darker blue, grey an white. Not sure wtf is going on with it just quietley.

Last edited:

ACTPanthers

Bench
Gus has little to do with the jerseys. The Pink will be fine. Stop crying everyone.

I doubt that - He'd have a say, and people would listen - It's obvious we're not taking the Nines seriously and the lack of a dedicated jersey is a fair indication of this - Which sucks for fans because how can we get excited for an event when the club I support flat out hates the concept?

Latest posts