What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd.4 v SydRoosters

Alintheeast

Juniors
I wonder if JWH blocking FB and Butcher angling into impede 5/8 is a set play. Easts do have few effective Red Zone plays and if you get Manu basically one on one with any center Manu will win. I watched the tape and the way Butcher and JWH are moving seems orchestrated.

WestyLife

First Grade
I wonder if JWH blocking FB and Butcher angling into impede 5/8 is a set play. Easts do have few effective Red Zone plays and if you get Manu basically one on one with any center Manu will win. I watched the tape and the way Butcher and JWH are moving seems orchestrated.

I doubt it with how pedantic they are on obstructions these days. Likely an accident in the heat of the moment. Edwards avoiding the ref causes the collision with JWH. Unless Dyl just wanted to hit JWH which I can't blame him.

BxTom

Bench
I doubt it with how pedantic they are on obstructions these days. Likely an accident in the heat of the moment. Edwards avoiding the ref causes the collision with JWH. Unless Dyl just wanted to hit JWH which I can't blame him.
In the case of the JWH/Dyi 'obstruction', it could have just as easily been ruled deliberately taking out a defender off of the ball which is a foul. Ref has to play the foul prior to awarding a try.

murraymob

Coach
In the case of the JWH/Dyi 'obstruction', it could have just as easily been ruled deliberately taking out a defender off of the ball which is a foul. Ref has to play the foul prior to awarding a try.
That’s clutching at straws .It was a bad decision if it was against us we would be upset.what we are now going to see a lot of now is players tackling decoy runners rather than player with ball.Moses has be doing it for years

Alintheeast

Juniors
I think JWH consciously impeded by almost stopping on the try line and leaning back into Dyl. The Ref knew the fix was in after Dyl made a fuss. JWH job was to impede Dyl out of ref’s view. Always puzzles why JWH had to waddle to the try line and Butcher walked only 3 feet forward after brushing by Laui. Officials are pedantic but this play usually works legally JWH mucked it up by overplaying his hand.

Robbo has graciously acknowledged that Easts didn’t lose because of Bunker.

That’s clutching at straws .It was a bad decision if it was against us we would be upset.what we are now going to see a lot of now is players tackling decoy runners rather than player with ball.Moses has be doing it for years
Thankfully the NRL woke up to what Moses was doing, Klein did not have a bar of in the GF.
Have not seen him doing it since.

Roosters rule

Juniors
Well done you plebs. The better team won. Should have been by more.
Manu was a try. That decision was a disgrace. Given the Bunkers unpredictability of interpretations, the call didn't surprise me.
I would even been happy if Tago was awarded. I thought for brief moment a bit of the ball was on the grass.

Till we meet again.

soc123_au

Staff member
Manu was a try. That decision was a disgrace. Given the Bunkers unpredictability of interpretations, the call didn't surprise me.
I would even been happy if Tago was awarded. I thought for brief moment a bit of the ball was on the grass.

Till we meet again.
Probably should have been a try, but no one mentions how you got to be in that position, the Kenny penalty was one of the most ridiculous things I've seen all year. In the end as you said the better team got the points, so we all go on to next week.

age.s

First Grade
The question isn't whether Maria impeded Dyl. He very obviously did, irrespective of the fact Dyl made the most of the contact. The question is whether Dyl would have effected the play.

I think in truth he probably wouldn't have stopped a try, but they've been very very generous to the defender this year. The Kikau no try vs Sharks was much worse. Trindall could attempt that tackle 1000 times and doesn't stop Kikau from that position even once.

If anyone would get there it would have been Edwards. Not great odds though.
This is the difference between the Manu no try and Tito’s second. We don’t know for sure if Edwards makes it; there is a chance. With Martin’s contact with ST, he was on the far side of Keary and Keary didn’t get within 5 metres of the play.

Last edited:

Till we meet again.
Plebs?
Small wonder you have players suspended for racial slurs.

WestyLife

First Grade

You're not wrong I'm just responding to the guy with his tin foil hat on about Roosters deliberately taking players out. You don't get away with obstructing defenders these days you get caught in glorious 4k.

WestyLife

First Grade
The question isn't whether Maria impeded Dyl. He very obviously did, irrespective of the fact Dyl made the most of the contact. The question is whether Dyl would have effected the play.

I think in truth he probably wouldn't have stopped a try, but they've been very very generous to the defender this year. The Kikau no try vs Sharks was much worse. Trindall could attempt that tackle 1000 times and doesn't stop Kikau from that position even once.

Have to remember it's not if they stop the try but if they have an opportunity to do it.