What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

18th club, whose next?

I'm struggling to see how WA local clubs having to deal with FIFO commitments (effects all teams) has anything to do with Perth not being an option for a NRL team.

Some of the pull outs for the state team were FIFO related, not all ...

The relevance is the WA Gov and Perth Rat use the participation rate for RL in Western Australia to justify adding an NRL team in Perth. If a significant amount of those players are from Queensland and NSW then it defeats the argument they're trying to make.

Wb1234

Referee
Depends on their shift patterns. But again so what? RL here has always had a mining workforce contingent, nothing new there and as you can see from the titles it has rarley hampered us.

I fully expect Vic to be increasingly winning titles given the Storm and NRL are finally taking an interest in grassroots development there. There will be flow on into the local comp which will see the Vic league get much stronger. We saw it with the SG ball side years and players getting better through that then going back in to the WA comp if they didnt get picked up by East Coast clubs
So many wa participants are actually fifo workers

omg this is hilarious

So many wa participants are actually fifo workers

omg this is hilarious
The game is bigger there than it is in South Australia and Tasmania, but it's not anywhere as popular or developed as Perth Rat wants us to believe. All the reasons he's stated for giving a licence to Perth ahead of NZ2, Bris3 and PNG are based on lies. It's why I went from supporting a team in Perth to believing it should be at the back of the queue.

Wb1234

Referee
The game is bigger there than it is in South Australia and Tasmania, but it's not anywhere as popular or developed as Perth Rat wants us to believe. All the reasons he's stated for giving a licence to Perth ahead of NZ2, Bris3 and PNG are based on lies. It's why I went from supporting a team in Perth to believing it should be at the back of the queue.
Perth rat

Lmao

Maximus

Coach
Did anyone actually say "Inter Miami and Wrexham were 2 of the 10 most popular sporting sides in NZ"?

I'm yet to see anyone actually make that claim. You've never been able to quote it.

Well they claimed the Warriors were more popular than the All Blacks based off the list. You can't just ignore the rest of the list.

mongoose

Coach
No one cares what you think or used to think though

Most are islanders, so many playing League in Perth.
When I went to watch Fremantle v South Perth I felt like I was in NZ.
Both Joondalup and Rockingham league rosters are very Polynesian dominated..
I'm more than happy for two of the next three licences to go to Wellington and Christchurch. New Zealand has earnt the right to have three teams in the NRL by virtue of supplying so much talent at all levels of the game.

The biggest advantage our game has over fumbleball is Polynesians and Melanesians have the perfect somatotype for rugby league. AwFuL were desperate to get Polynesians interested in fumbleball over a decade ago. They poached Karmichael Hunt and Israel Folau with the purpose of converting Polynesian children into active fumbleball players. If I recall correctly both players suffered from chronic muscle cramps due to their somatotype.

It really angers fumbleball fans that Polynesians love contact sport and have the perfect somatotype for rugby league. Fumbleball requires slow twitch muscle fibres for endurance running.