What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A tribute to Ozzie - GET INVOLVED

henrieté

Juniors
Roostargirl, it seems like a lifetime since I have spoken to you. How are your chicklets?

I have failed miserably in brainwashing my children into being Roosters supporters. The baby morphed into a Titan Supporter. I don't know what it is I'm doing wrong.

Bubbles you old tart! After reading this thread I have realised we have known each other since chatting on the wall back in 02! Matey, you deserve a bravery award. 6 Years. You'll be claiming long service entitlements next.

Rexxy

Coach
I wonder if Ozzie knew how highly he was thought of. So many kind words and thoughts.

Just knocked out at his bravery, posting right up to the very end. Not a hint of pity. The way to go out!

Geez Roosters, you may have to win the comp for him.

Monk

Referee
great to see so many people getting on board.

ive run out of caracters in my sig so i cant update te names :(
but lets rally and get more people in!

Very sad. He may not have believed it but I liked him. His passion for the game and the Roosters always impressed me. And the old bugger never took a backward step, something else I really liked about him.

My condolences to his family. I hope in this very sad time they can draw strength from each other.

It doesn't surprise me that he never let on.

Rest In Peace champion. I hope Ray Stehr leads the mighty tricolours to the premiership in heaven every year.

adamkungl

Immortal
BTW,the wall is soooooooo boring now that it is members only!!!!!

too true...

I didn't know ozzie, never had anything to do with him on here, but my condolences to all who did, sounds like a top bloke and a passionate chookies fan.

henrieté

Juniors
I wonder if Ozzie knew how highly he was thought of. So many kind words and thoughts.

Just knocked out at his bravery, posting right up to the very end. Not a hint of pity. The way to go out!

Geez Roosters, you may have to win the comp for him.

Rexmeister, he would never have imagined the response this thread has generated.

As for the Rooster Players.. via a member I was able to get this thread and one of Ozzie's Forum 7's articles to them. They were impressed enough to pass it all to Roosters management with a request that Ozzie be acknowledged somehow by the Club.

melon....

Coach
great to see so many people getting on board.

ive run out of characters in my sig so i cant update te names :(
but lets rally and get more people in!
Monk,

Create a graphic Honour board. Add the names of those that are honouring the great man. Save as Gif. Upload image as signature.

Stained_Class

Juniors
I vaguely remember Ozzie from when I was here over 4 years ago. I never really know what to say in situations like this other than "my deepest sympathies to his family and friends."

RIP.

skeepe

Immortal
Ozzie and I, we never really saw eye to eye when it came to our posts. Something to do with him being Roosters to the core and me hating the Roosters to the core I suspect. Nevertheless, I always felt that there was a mutual respect between us.

I'll miss the debates I had with him, as he was always a more than worth adversary. The rugby league world is all the poorer for having lost such a faithful supporter.

RIP.

Dave Q

Coach
Rexmeister, he would never have imagined the response this thread has generated.

As for the Rooster Players.. via a member I was able to get this thread and one of Ozzie's Forum 7's articles to them. They were impressed enough to pass it all to Roosters management with a request that Ozzie be acknowledged somehow by the Club.

Well done.

Something at the Roosters Bunnies game would be nice. Even a short thing on the screen and an announcement.

I will dip my rabbitoh flag in honour.

henrieté

Juniors
Well done.

Thanks Dave, and a two fingered salute to those who told me stalking football players and other forum members would lead me nowhere!

Something at the Roosters Bunnies game would be nice.

I was thinking that if anyone wanted to make an Ozzie Banner and take it to any of the opening games. I imagine it would be cool to see a supporter from each team with an Ozzie Banner at each of the opening games.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Well that's what drew us to LU in the first place. Ozzie, Backpacker and myself roosted here. The chance to be part of a new forum that dealt with Rugby League was something we all wanted to be a part of.

I do recall Backpacker saying to me once that he thought Willow must be conducting human experiments because with us as moderators of the Roosters Forum he was clearly allowing the inmates to run the asylum.
lol. Believe me Henriette, it was one the better human experiments that were done around here.

We miss old BP and are now missing old Ozzie.

Ozzie's achievements in the F7s go well beyond Ozzie being a writer of articles.

Some of his last posts:

"I know that my colours are already on the bed, pillow and throw over and beside a window... the time has arrived for me to leave this world."

"Farewell my friends if I don't get to talk to you all again. It's time for a sleep."

"So the future looks short... I feel no pain, do not suffer headaches..."

One of the foundation members of Forum Sevens in 2002, Ozzie was part of the successful Easts Roosters side that won the first ever Forums Sevens premiership in 2002. He was there as captain when the Roosters again won the title in 2003.

When Ozzie's eyesight started to falter, he kept on going as long as he could. I said this before, but in my opinion battling with poor vision and writing articles for your team is akin to a rugby league player ignoring injuries and staying on the field.

The 2003 F7s grand final in particular was a special moment for Ozzie. He delivered a tremendous article where he opened his heart and praised his late father's influence on his life.

"Years went past and every game I played ? he was always on hand and encouraging me ? sometimes too much, but he would always say, "You did good my son"."

Ozzie was the top scorer for his side... and the Roosters won the 2003 decider by the narrowest of margins! It was, quite simply, a great captain's knock.

From 2002-2003, Ozzie played 32 F7s games for Easts. He also played for the Rest Of The World and F7s Country. In 2007, he came out of retirement to play for the F7s Panthers.

Without a doubt, Ozzie stands out as a F7s champion.

Very happy to wear the Ozzie banner on Australia Day 'Ozzie' week.

image.php

Last edited:

miccle

Bench
I was thinking that if anyone wanted to make an Ozzie Banner and take it to any of the opening games. I imagine it would be cool to see a supporter from each team with an Ozzie Banner at each of the opening games.

Honestly, I'd be happy for my Australian flag with the Broncos head replacing the Union Jack to take a backseat for a match or two for the cause.

henrieté

Juniors
Honestly, I'd be happy for my Australian flag with the Broncos head replacing the Union Jack to take a backseat for a match or two for the cause.

miccle that would be awesome. Your first game is against the Cowboys. So I will see if we can get a Cowboy supporter going to the game to do a banner.

Willow, I think the experiment you are conducting in the bible thread 4c is probably your finest. I liken it to mice on a wheel going round and round. From time to time you step into the lab to spin it that little bit faster.